PDA

View Full Version : Hockey East: Preseason All-Milk Carton team

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]

buoldtimer
11-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Mais dey was all zee Roads Scholar to me mon ami!!!

Finally, you're back!! Where ya been?

Mosrite
11-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Very quiet thread today. The NH hillbillies are apparently unaffected by this thread from now on as, according to a certain unnamed hillbilly, they don't need to determine their self-worth through their hockey team (because if they did, they'd all be losers like the UNH hockey team and obviously a UNH fan would never do that, DUH! Nice hillbilly logic.).

Wow. That hillbilly comment just stings. Ouch. :rolleyes: Guess that I had that coming to me for calling you guys "fanboys" :p

Don't you think that it's odd of someone of your age and education to be spending enormous amounts of energy putting down a bunch of college athletes? Seriously? I'm not talking about the occasional smack talk, but you really take it to the next level with the sheer loathing that you have for other teams and fans of those other teams. It's clear to me that you were never a college athlete, but merely a gloating fan riding on the coattails of a team that earned their titles through no help from you.

There's nothing wrong with being a proud and passionate alumnus. But remember...the players earn the championships. Not the 30 or 40-something-aged alumni hanging out on message boards and making up stories about individual players for entertainment purposes. Yes, it's all in fun and I should "get a sense of humor", yada, yada, yes I get it. Personally, as a parent, I wouldn't be too happy to read all the crap being spewed about my kid, and nor would you if it was your kid. (and no, for the record, I am not a hockey parent.)

This all started because I was laughing at certain selections made on the so-called "Milk Carton team". After all, we're all supposed to laugh at this right? Some of us did....wow, imagine that! We have a sense of humor! :p Then J.D. quickly reminded us, and I paraphrase here, that it's not about how the players are performing now, but how they performed in the past. Oh, well, gee whiz, sorry if we misinterpreted the criteria! But if it's supposed to be a joke, then who the frick cares?? I obviously touched a nerve here. :eek: :rolleyes:

Enjoy the rest of the hockey season.

J.D.
11-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Then J.D. quickly reminded us, and I paraphrase here, that it's not about how the players are performing now, but how they performed in the past. Oh, well, gee whiz, sorry if we misinterpreted the criteria! But if it's supposed to be a joke, then who the frick cares?? I obviously touched a nerve here. :eek: :rolleyes:

Wait, so you're admitting that you didn't understand the concept of the thread and proceeded to get bent out of shape because of it? You certainly didn't touch a nerve with me as I fully understand what this thread is.

Mosrite
11-09-2010, 10:29 PM
No J.D., Nicky was the one who apparently got bent of shape by my apparent "lack of a sense of humor".

What. Ever. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I don't post a lot on these boards, and after two and a half years, I can see what a timesuck this place can be, and not really worthy of wasting any more of my time. I'll stick to enjoying my season tickets, cheering the team on, hoping for preseason success, but keeping my expectations low.

Good luck to BC the rest of the season.

SteveF
11-09-2010, 11:20 PM
tactless hillbillies. this is why we cant have nice things!

jcarter7669
11-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Wow. That hillbilly comment just stings. Ouch. :rolleyes: Guess that I had that coming to me for calling you guys "fanboys" :p

Don't you think that it's odd of someone of your age and education to be spending enormous amounts of energy putting down a bunch of college athletes? Seriously? I'm not talking about the occasional smack talk, but you really take it to the next level with the sheer loathing that you have for other teams and fans of those other teams. It's clear to me that you were never a college athlete, but merely a gloating fan riding on the coattails of a team that earned their titles through no help from you.

There's nothing wrong with being a proud and passionate alumnus. But remember...the players earn the championships. Not the 30 or 40-something-aged alumni hanging out on message boards and making up stories about individual players for entertainment purposes. Yes, it's all in fun and I should "get a sense of humor", yada, yada, yes I get it. Personally, as a parent, I wouldn't be too happy to read all the crap being spewed about my kid, and nor would you if it was your kid. (and no, for the record, I am not a hockey parent.)

This all started because I was laughing at certain selections made on the so-called "Milk Carton team". After all, we're all supposed to laugh at this right? Some of us did....wow, imagine that! We have a sense of humor! :p Then J.D. quickly reminded us, and I paraphrase here, that it's not about how the players are performing now, but how they performed in the past. Oh, well, gee whiz, sorry if we misinterpreted the criteria! But if it's supposed to be a joke, then who the frick cares?? I obviously touched a nerve here. :eek: :rolleyes:

Enjoy the rest of the hockey season.

When did hokydad get pulled into this....

fiqure8
11-10-2010, 12:17 PM
When did hokydad get pulled into this....

Hokymom http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7417007/

TonyTheTiger20
11-18-2010, 08:23 AM
I aloled many, many times. hahaha

jcarter7669
11-18-2010, 08:41 AM

Sadly I know a few people like that....er actually more then a few

jcarter7669
09-25-2015, 01:48 PM
We need more of this...