PDA

View Full Version : USA Today Preseason Poll

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

dggoddard
09-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Hard to believe Penn State isn't ranked.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__Rt973W_blQ/TKEHh_mYolI/AAAAAAAAJZk/zklBTcSTogc/s1600/USA+Today+Poll.jpg

NMU8405
09-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Hard to believe Penn State isn't ranked.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__Rt973W_blQ/TKEHh_mYolI/AAAAAAAAJZk/zklBTcSTogc/s1600/USA+Today+Poll.jpg

Love the Alaska over-hype.

I think people got Penn State and Notre Dame confused with votes. That has to be the only logical reasoning that Notre Dame is just outside the top 15.

Federal League
09-27-2010, 04:28 PM
From the Hockey East perspective, the complete lack of respect for Merrimack jumps out most to me. I understand them getting fewer votes than Vermont because Vermont's a bigger name that's been there before, but I don't see how Merrimack can be behind Northeastern, too. Personally, I think Merrimack is closer to BU than either UVM or NU.

And yes, I know the Poles don't matter. Just trying to add to the conversation.

CHFAN222
09-27-2010, 04:29 PM
I honestly would not be surprised if BSU drops out of the rankings when they start to adjust to WCHA life.

If DaCosta improves from last season Merimack will crack top 15 at some point.

SJHovey
09-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Kind of surprised BC didn't get all the first place votes.

CHFAN222
09-27-2010, 04:41 PM
From the Hockey East perspective, the complete lack of respect for Merrimack jumps out most to me. I understand them getting fewer votes than Vermont because Vermont's a bigger name that's been there before, but I don't see how Merrimack can be behind Northeastern, too. Personally, I think Merrimack is closer to BU than either UVM or NU.

Maybe you just have a lack of respect for Northeastern. NU did have quite a few of its key players get injured for major stretches of the season including Quailier who was out the entire season.

Shirtless Guy
09-27-2010, 04:45 PM
its amazing that in a poll that ranks the top 15 teams in the country in a sport that has 58 teams, that 28 of them received votes

SCSU Euro
09-27-2010, 05:01 PM
Kind of surprised BC didn't get all the first place votes.

Since UND is the next best team, can we just skip the whole NCAA season and give BC the trophy now?

CornwallAce
09-27-2010, 05:33 PM

Tell that to a pole dancer or Frederic Chopin

Carmine Scarpaglia
09-27-2010, 05:36 PM
The voters clearly see that Hockey East is BC and a lot of steaming turds... same old same old. Are we really going to complain that Merrimack and NU are not getting a ton of votes? Let's get real here.

snwbrdr
09-27-2010, 06:19 PM
Let's see your own top 15 then rather than complain about USA Today (which I agree is horrible)

NUMcNeely
09-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Maybe you just have a lack of respect for Northeastern. NU did have quite a few of its key players get injured for major stretches of the season including Quailier who was out the entire season.

As a NU fan, I also have a beef with us getting more votes than the mack. They are a better team IMHO, they should eventually get their due.

sterlippo1
09-27-2010, 06:26 PM

it's a preseason poll and BU is BU, so they're going to get votes...........i think though that UVM is closer to or should be included with BU,UNH ........and Maine for that matter, the Mack right after those three. NU?? we'll see .........

mookie1995
09-27-2010, 06:38 PM
The voters clearly see that Hockey East is BC and a lot of steaming turds... same old same old. Are we really going to complain that Merrimack and NU are not getting a ton of votes? Let's get real here.

i see they voted that the 3rd best team in HEA is better than the 3rd best team in any other conference. :confused:

(course they are probably wrong, :eek: but that's how it reads)

Thiessen'sBetter
09-27-2010, 07:36 PM
Gotta love the USA today preseason poll. Its a rule that BC, BU, North Dakota, Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota must be in there somewhere. Which basically means its the "USA Today college hockey's most storied programs + 9 teams we've heard might be good" preseason poll.

HoosierBBall_GopherHockey
09-27-2010, 07:48 PM
i see they voted that the 3rd best team in HEA is better than the 3rd best team in any other conference. :confused:

(course they are probably wrong, :eek: but that's how it reads)

Ummmm no...WCHA has 6 teams ranked in the top 15...not saying I agree with that...

*Nevermind, you are right. I read your post wrong!

dxmnkd316
09-27-2010, 07:50 PM
What now b*tches? Minnesota #15!!! Might as well fedex the trophy right to Mariucci now.

lawls : )

sterlippo1
09-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Gotta love the USA today preseason poll. Its a rule that BC, BU, North Dakota, Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota must be in there somewhere. Which basically means its the "USA Today college hockey's most storied programs + 9 teams we've heard might be good" preseason poll.

that just may be........include Denver too and Miami;) so it's 9 and 7 you haven't heard of.........just kidding

brianvf
09-27-2010, 08:31 PM
Let's see your own top 15 then rather than complain about USA Today (which I agree is horrible)

I'll post mine if you post yours.

The Rube
09-27-2010, 08:37 PM
I'll post mine if you post yours.

I'll only post enough of mine to win. ;)