Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
    HEY! IF THE SEASON ENDED RIGHT NOW... WE'RE IN!!!!!!!!!

The blown game was apparently more detrimental to Western, as they lost a comparison (we were already beating them anyways), so now we're tied, and we get the nod for 15th overall.
    They have had the comparison over western for several weeks which is why I said last week we were in better shape than people thought. If you look closely at it we have the RPI over a couple teams in front of us and are in better shape to move up than move down.

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
    Don't you think 15th is cutting it a little too close? Hopefully OSU and MSU drop out of the TUC and we can win the rest of our regular season games. I'd feel much more comfortable sitting at 13/14th instead of 15th overall.

I noticed that our effort in the faceoff circle tonight was very poor. We had to lose 75%+ of the puck drops. It's a small detail, but one that cost us a much needed W.
    If they win the last 3 regular season games they will be more likely to be in 12th than where they are. A win tonight will move them up a bit. The reason they are where they are is because St. Cloud got back in as a TUC, right after our game Miami was in 16th. At this point what other teams do is just as important as what Miami does. If Ohio st. drops out that gives Miami more of a boost and hurts other teams. If Ohio st. drops out it is atleast a 4 game swing against both ND and Michigan in record against TUC's which is a large boost to miami. Weird thing is that Michigan actually hurts itself slightly tonight by beating Ohio st.

As for the face off's, they weren't nearly that bad. They won several key face offs and actually did a much better job last night than last weekend against Michigan where they were dominated.

Must win tonight, ill take this teams big game experience over westerns. It is just really amazing how quickly people turn in one game, this team is a point out of first in conference and swept Michigan last weekend. More to the point in the 6 most important games this season where everyone said they needed to go 5-1 or 4-2 they haven't lost and gotten a point in every game going 2-0-3...lets stop being reactionary and actually take a true look at the situation, it can always be worse...
    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Probably nobody cares but the wife and I got the call a couple of hours ago and WE ARE GOING TO TONIGHTS GAME!!!!! With my work schedule and the scarcity of tickets, this only happens a couple of times a season. So excited and can't wait. Hope the fella's can give us a much needed W tonight.
      You just gotta love the "Brotherhood"
      GO HAWKS!

Comment

Knapp made some HUGE saves tonight to keep us in the game early. Nice win after the flat third yesterday. Not perfect, but we have 2 weeks now to rest up and get ready for Lake.

Up to a tie for 10th now in the PWR. Notre Dame is very passable soon too. Keep the wins and favorable other game outcomes coming and hell, we may find ourselves a 2 seed even.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
          Knapp made some HUGE saves tonight to keep us in the game early. Nice win after the flat third yesterday. Not perfect, but we have 2 weeks now to rest up and get ready for Lake.

Up to a tie for 10th now in the PWR. Notre Dame is very passable soon too. Keep the wins and favorable other game outcomes coming and hell, we may find ourselves a 2 seed even.
          ahhhh love calling things, told you there was no reason to panic...Miami has picked up the cpmparison over 3 teams ahead of them as well. They sweep lake Miami will be in the top 8 in the PWR. They have a lot more strength in their resume and schedule than these ECAC teams hence why RPI dropped out and we now have the edge on Union. Hopefully everyones nerves have calmed a little, Miami is in great shape to leap Michigan and Notre Dame. Ohio st. dropping out as a TUC and NMU re-entering as a TUC were the main differences plus us winning and leaping Western. Will be fun to watch Miami slide around next week idol.
          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

On another topic for a min...

Another first class committ Miami received today from another small shifty forward. Anthony Louis out of Team Illinois gave a verbal today. Seeing him play twice in oxford earlier this season this kid is a quick skilled forward. Not surprised at all that he is leading TI in points with 26 goals and 22 assists for 28 points. Thats impressive as TI might be the best Midget minor team in the country that I have seen this year. He is a '95 birth year so will be 3 or 4 years until we see him on campus so hopefully he grows a little more as he is only 5'6. All in all a great get for Miami this week pulling in two very good '95 recruits. Side note that same TI team has the younger brother of a Miami great and that would be Johnny Wingles. He is a defenseman but a very smooth one at that. Hope he follows in his brothers footsteps and heads to oxford as well, that would be a great get as well.

Comment

Conner looked good last night. A little surprised he didn't get one of the "stars of the game", but I guess that's not a real big deal. Once again the rest of them seemed to start running out of gas in the 3rd. They seem to be looking better as the season winds down, which is a good time to be hitting on all cylinders but they need to find a way to increase their stamina to 60 minutes instead of 45-50. JMO. If not I don't see them going very deep in the NCAA. (yes I'm assuming they will be there_ )
              You just gotta love the "Brotherhood"
              GO HAWKS!

Comment

Originally posted by porch-n-suds View Post
                Conner looked good last night. A little surprised he didn't get one of the "stars of the game", but I guess that's not a real big deal. Once again the rest of them seemed to start running out of gas in the 3rd. They seem to be looking better as the season winds down, which is a good time to be hitting on all cylinders but they need to find a way to increase their stamina to 60 minutes instead of 45-50. JMO. If not I don't see them going very deep in the NCAA. (yes I'm assuming they will be there_ )
                I definantly can see where it looks as if it is a conditioning issue but I can tell ya these guys are in good shape and their stamina is fine. I think it comes down to what we have talked about all year and that is leadership and focus. It just seems when they have a lead in the third they let off the gas which I totally can see where someone watching can think they look tired but the really just relax a little and that is when they get caught. When Cannone got the "C" things have changed a little but they aren't there yet. I agree they need to play a full 60 min but I know they are physically capable of doing it, its the mental aspect they are struggling with right now and need to figure out.

but they have created that cushion for themselves right now and are sitting in a good spot with a lot of room to move up holding the comparison over 3 teams ahead of them.

Comment

As we start to really get serious about the Pairwise and Bracketology, Moy has us at the overall #13 seed and a first round matchup with Denver in St. Louis. Also in the projected regional are 12 Dartmouth and 5 Merrimack. Someone lock this down now!

That said, IF we get in, I would LOVE if we were placed in St. Louis. For selfish reasons, I could probably attend.

Will be interesting to watch the PWR shuffling this weekend from the sidelines.

Go teams that we want to win/lose!
                  http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Miele leads this week's "Hobey Watch Big Board" over at INCH.

http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...trackler_0920/

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                      As we start to really get serious about the Pairwise and Bracketology, Moy has us at the overall #13 seed and a first round matchup with Denver in St. Louis. Also in the projected regional are 12 Dartmouth and 5 Merrimack. Someone lock this down now!

That said, IF we get in, I would LOVE if we were placed in St. Louis. For selfish reasons, I could probably attend.

Will be interesting to watch the PWR shuffling this weekend from the sidelines.

Go teams that we want to win/lose!
                      hahaha thats classic but so true. Its going to be a busy night channel surfing/web surfing to check scores. Lots of teams we have to start paying attention too. One thing that will be important is conf. seeding. This brings a lot of teams into play, who teams around us will be playing in their conf tournament could potentially have a big impact on us. For example if Wisco or UNO play St. Cloud in the WCHA tourny that affects our pairwise on a couple levels as would UNH or Merrimack playing each other or maine. Also who plays each other in the ECAC tourny will have huge impacts on Miami, it is going to be really fun to watch as well as stressfull!

Comment

Well overall it was a good night for Miami. Would of been nice if Merrimack hadn't come back or Union either but Miami moved up 4 spots tonight from #13 to #9 in the PWR. And moved up 6 spots from where they were a week ago and a total of 11 spots from where they were before Michigan weekend so things are definantly looking up. Some big games tomorrow still, we need to become Western Michigan fans as well as pull for Alaska anchorage to beat omaha and St. Cloud to keep moving up. All helps strengthen our resume or weakens teams in front of us. We still have the comparison over Union and Minn. Duluth who are in front of us which is a good thing and only Notre Dame behind us has the comparison over us. So would be nice if Ferris can win tomorrow night as well as Western win tomorrow night and atleast once next weekend. I know a lot to follow but there is a lot of other action that directly affects Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                          Well overall it was a good night for Miami. Would of been nice if Merrimack hadn't come back or Union either but Miami moved up 4 spots tonight from #13 to #9 in the PWR. And moved up 6 spots from where they were a week ago and a total of 11 spots from where they were before Michigan weekend so things are definantly looking up. Some big games tomorrow still, we need to become Western Michigan fans as well as pull for Alaska anchorage to beat omaha and St. Cloud to keep moving up. All helps strengthen our resume or weakens teams in front of us. We still have the comparison over Union and Minn. Duluth who are in front of us which is a good thing and only Notre Dame behind us has the comparison over us. So would be nice if Ferris can win tomorrow night as well as Western win tomorrow night and atleast once next weekend. I know a lot to follow but there is a lot of other action that directly affects Miami.
                          I was told there would be no math. In fact, Redeagle promised.

Comment

Not that it matters, but it looks like Ohio State may have been robbed of a point in their shootout with LSSU last night. Perhaps it's just the camera angle, but it certainly looks to me like the LSSU shooter that scored at the end came to a complete stop before tapping the puck into the net. Of course the shootout would have continued and who knows if the outcome would have ultimately been different, but that's obviously not the point. Regardless, I hope there's no chance for it to become an issue next weekend.

It's at the end of the highlights here. Shegos officiating.
                            Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

'95, RHM has done a nice job of telling us for whom to root without the math, so the commissioner says ok to the RHM updates. Now, I'm assuming he is correct....

I don't pay too much attention until playoffs start, but this year, it's hard not to scoreboard watch.

Comment

Watching the unh game last night starman mentioned his top two for hobey were miels and camps.

Comment

Working...
                                X