Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Saw an interesting stat that said we've now shutout Alaska in four of the last eight games we've played against them. That's domination.
    http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
      I am really getting sick of the Miami video not working.
      Yeah, I've never had to depend on All-Access until moving to Colorado this summer. It's an expensive toy for it not to work 100% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
        Yeah, I've never had to depend on All-Access until moving to Colorado this summer. It's an expensive toy for it not to work 100% of the time.
        All-Access is a CBS thing right? Too bad we probably have to use it, the 4 or 5 times I've bought games thru B2 or whatever it is they have seemed pretty reliable.

Comment

Saw an interesting stat that said we've now shutout Alaska in four of the last eight games we've played against them. That's domination.
          To build on this stat, Connor Knapp hasn't allowed a goal in his two career starts against Alaska. Hopefully Knapp can build off what Reichard did last night and post another shutout.
          2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
            All-Access is a CBS thing right? Too bad we probably have to use it, the 4 or 5 times I've bought games thru B2 or whatever it is they have seemed pretty reliable.
            Yeah I haven't had any problems with B2 either. It's just getting reeediculous with the Miami All-Access. I'm pretty close to just cancelling my prescription (for my chronic disease of "notenoughmiamihockeyitis"). I'd almost rather pay another college for their vid feed.
            Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

• Would be awesome without all these defensive breakdowns right now. 1-2-2 in the last five games and only 6 out of 15 points against lake Ferris and uaf in that stretch. Come on.

Comment

They seemed to fall asleep after the second goal. Yet another third period duldrum sets in. What gives?
                You just gotta love the "Brotherhood"
                GO HAWKS!

Comment

Originally posted by porch-n-suds View Post
                  They seemed to fall asleep after the second goal. Yet another third period duldrum sets in. What gives?
                  I guess the good thing to come out of this is it seems that all the top teams are dropping games left and right. Michigan is on a 4-3-0-1 run. ND 2-2-1-0. BC 3-4-0. BU 3 straight ties. Good thing about this weekend was getting the powerplay clicking finally. 3 goals this weekend on the man advantage, only 8 before that in the other 10 games. Gonna be an interesting series up at BG. They played really well against ND and could have swept. Come onnnnn six points.....

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
                    To build on this stat, Connor Knapp hasn't allowed a goal in his two career starts against Alaska. Hopefully Knapp can build off what Reichard did last night and post another shutout.
                    Last two goals are on connor, very very poor rebound control. Cody has played better, I feel for connor with all he has gone through in the offseason but when do you stick with one guy?

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                    Would be awesome without all these defensive breakdowns right now. 1-2-2 in the last five games and only 6 out of 15 points against lake Ferris and uaf in that stretch. Come on.
                    Alaska is a top 15 team and Ferris is a solid team that plays us tough every time so outside of the tie against Lake and not getting atleast a split against Ferris it isn't awful. Now they should win 5 of their next 6 if their want to be an elite team this season.

I guess the good thing to come out of this is it seems that all the top teams are dropping games left and right. Michigan is on a 4-3-0-1 run. ND 2-2-1-0. BC 3-4-0. BU 3 straight ties. Good thing about this weekend was getting the powerplay clicking finally. 3 goals this weekend on the man advantage, only 8 before that in the other 10 games. Gonna be an interesting series up at BG. They played really well against ND and could have swept. Come onnnnn six points.....
                    Way to early to care what BU and BC are doing, don't get ahead of yourself. National rankings mean nothing at this point. Got to win the conference before we can go anywhere else.

Originally posted by porch-n-suds View Post
                    Lack of focus and leadership. In the last 4 years Miami dominated teams in the third period but they had strong willed captains. To consistantly get out played and lose third periods is a very bad sign, lots of it falls on your team leaders. This team has let too many teams off the hook this year. Even in their wins they have lost the third period, it is a very scary trend that needs to be knipped in the butt. All 4 captains need to step up and make sure this team is focused, coaching staff can only do so much.
                    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

I could care less about national rankings right now, was just stating that our team isn't the only one with loads of talent that has had some trouble the past few weeks.

Comment

Mullin named to all-tourney team at the Junior Select challenge. He and Czarnik lead Team USA to comeback victory to claim Gold!
                        http://usahockey.com/Template_Usahoc...1_05&id=295178

Biggs with 2-3-5 in the U18 Four Nations tourney that also resulted in Gold.
                        http://www.usahockey.com//Template_U...2_01&ID=295166

Ryan Hartman with a goal in the U17 Four Nations gold medal game. Another Team USA win!
                        http://www.usahockey.com/Template_Us...3_01&id=295146

We have never had this many "pedigreed" recruits coming to campus. The future looks very bright!!

Comment

Mullin named to all-tourney team at the Junior Select challenge. He and Czarnik lead Team USA to comeback victory to claim Gold!
                          http://usahockey.com/Template_Usahoc...1_05&id=295178

Biggs with 2-3-5 in the U18 Four Nations tourney that also resulted in Gold.
                          http://www.usahockey.com//Template_U...2_01&ID=295166

Ryan Hartman with a goal in the U17 Four Nations gold medal game. Another Team USA win!
                          http://www.usahockey.com/Template_Us...3_01&id=295146

We have never had this many "pedigreed" recruits coming to campus. The future looks very bright!!
                          Surprised Mullin didn't win the tourney MVP.

Comment

Surprised Mullin didn't win the tourney MVP.
                            Me too.

Comment

Some stats about the series this weekend.

Miami 6-3-3 at Bowling Green 5-7-0

Miami is 14-1-0 against BG in their last 15 games of the series.

Miami averaging 3.83 goals/game offensively and giving up 2.08 goals/game. Bowling Green scoring 2.17 and giving up 3.33.

Miami's powerplay is clicking at 19% right now, and PK at 88.5%. BG's powerplay has been pretty bad, 8.2%, and the PK at another not so great 77.3%.

The teams are led offensively by...
                              Miami
                              Camper 11-17--28
                              Miele 6-15--21
                              Smith 8-5--13
                              Cannone 5-5--10
                              The Hirschfeld 4-4--8

BG
                              Samuels Thomas 3-7--10
                              Rodriguez 4-4--8
                              Solway 4-3--7
                              Wojtala 2-4--6
                              Mohler 3-1--4

(By comparison, The Hirschfeld would be the second leading scorer on BG, and he has played in 4 less games than their leaders.)

Goalies:
                              Miami
                              Reichard: 5-1-0. 1.92 GAA. .915 Sv%
                              Knapp: 1-2-3. 2.23 GAA. .899 Sv%

BG
                              Eno: 3-3-0. 3.01 GAA. .895 Sv%
                              Hammond: 2-4-0. 3.51 GAA. .895 Sv%

Comment

Also, noticed these stats recently looking into why although Reichard and Knapp have similar stats, their record is vastly different...

Total Goals Against
                                Reichard: 12
                                Knapp: 13

All the stats are very similar, except for the next one...
                                Miami goals with each player in net
                                Reichard: 30
                                Knapp: 16

What makes those numbers even worse, take away the 9 goal NMU game, and we have scored only 7 goals in the other 5 games Knapp has been in net.

Comment

Working...
                                X