Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2010-2011 Miami season Thread: 3rd times a charm???

http://www.muredhawks.com/sports/m-h...111110aaa.html

Official release on the 12 signed to an NLI.

Comment

Article from NHL.com talking about the leadership both on and off the ice from Camper and Miele.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=543178
      2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Tough series with the Nanooks this weekend, but six points would be a nice thing. Probably a split given our history with these guys. Need to get the power play going again, maybe this is the weekend.
        http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

http://www.petoskeynews.com/gaylord/...,7443496.story

Starting on defense from Gaylord, Michigan, #4 Will Weber?

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
            When we looking at Connor Murphy coming in. Been injury bit the past few years it seems so probably 2012?
            Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
            Has to be I'd think. Figure we will lose LoVerde, and could lose both Schilling and Weber.
            I wouldn't think the injury would hinder him coming in. If you remember Merceir was injured often with the USNTDP. We will have atleast 2 openings at D if not 3 next year so we need him to come in next season.

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
            Tough series with the Nanooks this weekend, but six points would be a nice thing. Probably a split given our history with these guys. Need to get the power play going again, maybe this is the weekend.
            This is a big weekend, need to see how this team reacts to a poor showing. That leadership the NHL.com article talked about will need to be on full display this weekend.

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
            http://www.petoskeynews.com/gaylord/...,7443496.story

Starting on defense from Gaylord, Michigan, #4 Will Weber?
            Well would have to think they have inside information. I have been out of town all week and haven't heard much, but boy I would be absolutely shocked if he was back on the ice before December. He has been skating but that would be remarkable to see him playing again this soon.
            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Regarding Connor Murphy, I agree RHM. And, I meant to say that I'd suspect we'll get him next year. Heck, Vogelhuber was injured a ton before getting into our strength and conditioning system. That's something that you can't say enough about. Our training/S&C folks are tremendous.
              http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

• Are you shocked now? Ha who woulda thought will would be back just three weeks later. Got some rust on him but that's expected.

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                I wouldn't think the injury would hinder him coming in. If you remember Merceir was injured often with the USNTDP. We will have atleast 2 openings at D if not 3 next year so we need him to come in next season.

This is a big weekend, need to see how this team reacts to a poor showing. That leadership the NHL.com article talked about will need to be on full display this weekend.

Well would have to think they have inside information. I have been out of town all week and haven't heard much, but boy I would be absolutely shocked if he was back on the ice before December. He has been skating but that would be remarkable to see him playing again this soon.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                  Are you shocked now? Ha who woulda thought will would be back just three weeks later. Got some rust on him but that's expected.
                  Great reception for him during the starting lineup announcements tonight, and handed Carter the first goal with that dish. Great to see him back on the ice, never would have expected to see him before ND.

Comment

Good shutout tonight. D had some key lapses at times, giving up some huge breaks, but Cody stood tall and had some pretty good support cleaning out the garbage in front of the net tonight.

Off topic but how about UNO. Undefeated in the WCHA and their only loss so far at Yost. I bet they wish they had some starts like that when they were still in the CCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                      Great reception for him during the starting lineup announcements tonight, and handed Carter the first goal with that dish. Great to see him back on the ice, never would have expected to see him before ND.
                      Thats the series I figured he'd be back for also. He got more comfortable as the game went on and started laying the body out there.

Comment

What happened with Matt T? what happened on the 10 minute cross check?
                        Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                          What happened with Matt T? what happened on the 10 minute cross check?
                          I happened out of my line of sight, but one of the Alaska posters in the score thread said that it did not deserve a major, so take that for what it's worth.

Comment

From what I could tell just looked like he was finishing a check in front of the Miami bench and caught him in the head with his stick. When the UAF player went down after the hit his helmet came off. Figured it was just gonna be a 2 minute contact to head, but gotta say they did pretty well defending a major with Alaska in all out attack. Can't think of that many shots that actually got through to Cody in that frenzy.

Comment

I am really getting sick of the Miami video not working.
                              Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Good to see our favorite son from up here in Gaylord, MI back on the ice for the Redhawks (and making an immediate contribution, even better!). We up here in the woods will be keeping a close eye on what looks to be an exceptionally competitive CCHA this year. Kalamazoo is no longer a walkover series, thanks to the smart WMU pickup of Blashill as coach. It appears trips to BG might be more challenging than of late, too. The winner of the gauntlet (and maybe a couple of at-large selections at the top of the heap) should be well tested for the trek to St. Paul.

Comment

Working...
                                X