PDA

View Full Version : UNH Recruits: 2012-2014

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50

Hokydad
12-27-2011, 04:40 PM
A little trivia question for all those who feel that they know more about HS hockey than the next guy...What Christmas Tourney that involves three Catholic schools in the Boston area has a kid playing for one of the teams whose dad is an assistant for the Bruins?

Kassabuski?

Hokydad
12-27-2011, 04:57 PM
Hokydad,
I know who you are and that you have some decent connections. You also make some great points, but what makes you lose your credibility is when you make false statements. Who are the three players on MC committed and the 4 on SJP? You didn't answer.

Irish,

Dover twists comments. Said they have that many, some from last year, some this year

AN, CF, RF and BC all have offers on table or in hand from MC

SJP had Blackwell, Eiserman, Kurker and Cowles as well as the Eiserman golaie.

Well aware Cowles was after fact and Eisermans left, who cares. their exposure and play was in CC

way to much energy worrying about 3 vs 4

I do though know that CC is much more desired for the mass kids from the D c1 coaches. Parker, York, Dennehy, Donato etc all played in CC and would love to take those kids over preps. I could care less about out of region 20 year old prep kids

Dover guy has to much time on his hands. Nothing to do with defending MV. Couldnt even tell you where he lives in Saugus. Do though respect him as a player and kid and know he will be a very, very good college player and could have and will be next year. Will not listen to some guy though with zero info, not one confirmed fact paint the absurd, negative picture he tried to paint. IF MV wants people to know more details, up to him to lay them out.

Never said I was in Ann Arbor watching anyone. Do though remember the phone call from director of player personal and thanking me for recommending him to them. same with DW from BU. Two kids they blew it on and didnt invie first year.

IF CE and NR want people to know why they left, they also can tell people, not my place. I along with probably 300 others have heard the dad state why and it was for the right reasons and I assume we all hope it works out for both players

Talked to Tri City coach? So what, he calls asking about players, as do 3/4 other ushl teams and about 4 BCHL teams, had a call over weekend about a kid Victoria was looking at. So what.

End result, no need to say the crap he did about MV or for that matter any 18 year old kid. I do not agree they are open game at that age. They are not even in college yet.

Adios

dover4345
12-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Take care Chris...

Hokydad
12-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Take care Chris...

That we can agree on. CS has been down on his luck but has been rallying lately and will be back in he hockey rinks soon, very soon.

That is a very good thing

irishfan85
12-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Kassabuski?

Yep. Saugus Christmas Tourney. Always a good take. MC, AP, St. Mary's, Lynnfield, Saugus. Not as good as it used to be. Over the past ten years, Gordon, Moresco, Flynn, Doherty, Higgins played at least 1 year for LHS before going on to play D1. Saugus has had some real good teams, as well. MC, AP and St. Mary's play good brand of hockey, as well. I'd love to see kids play public and catholics and forget about preps. The atmosphere is that much better and it's the kids you've been friends with your whole life and will be friends with forever.

Hokydad
12-27-2011, 09:05 PM
Yep. Saugus Christmas Tourney. Always a good take. MC, AP, St. Mary's, Lynnfield, Saugus. Not as good as it used to be. Over the past ten years, Gordon, Moresco, Flynn, Doherty, Higgins played at least 1 year for LHS before going on to play D1. Saugus has had some real good teams, as well. MC, AP and St. Mary's play good brand of hockey, as well. I'd love to see kids play public and catholics and forget about preps. The atmosphere is that much better and it's the kids you've been friends with your whole life and will be friends with forever.

Exactly.....

I do though admit I get pretty choked up watching a prep finals withg the winning goal scored by a kid from COlorado and assited on by a kid from DC and the 2nd helper going to a kid from Philly. 3 19/20 year olds who have so much to do with mass hockey/. All 3 of whom already graduated from another hs.

kind of reminds me when I watched Jeremy Wilson give his third senior speach.....

C-H-C
12-29-2011, 02:37 PM
"UNH Recruit Brett Pesce Joins U.S. National U-18 Team"

brookie
12-31-2011, 01:07 AM
You keep saying this - prove it to us. Show me another program that has lost this many top recruits. Don't bother mentioning major junior losses. That certainly is an across NCAA hockey issue. Instead, show me another school who has had the issues with academics and deference to the extent UNH has the past few years. Give me schools and names because I'm tired of simply hearing vague excuses...

Show me another school that has defered so many of their top recruits over the past few seasons - because they either can't cut it or because there is no room due to kids who cannot cut it either in the program or sharing a recruiting class. Show me another program who defers players like Laleggia but brings in a Justin Agosta. Who defers a Grayson Downing but is pressed to get a Jeff Silengo/Scott Pavelski in as soon as possible. And then more often than not watches the talent move on and in turn brings in more basement level kids mucking up future classes. Give me an example with some evidence. At best its horrible evaluation - at worst its reckless recruiting. Lets not forget that they whiffed so badly on Chevrier that he's already gone. Now were counting on Harry Quast to step right into the line-up??

Show me another program that - according to your logic - passes on a Vecchione (averaging .6 ppg on a bad team in his 1st USHL season) to bring in a trio of guys like Jamie Hill (.5 ppg in his 3rd USHL season), Maxim Gaudreault (<.5 ppg in his 2nd USHL season) or Kyle Smith (3rd year juniors player CUT from the USHL). How are they more prepared than MV? Certainly not based on talent or USHL production. So what are the rest of us missing?? Sorkin and Thrush averaged less than a point per game in the USHL - yet they've made the jump just fine. Why couldn't MV? Sorkin was hardly a liability last season? Why would MV be a liability and in the stands? All you've mentioned is the statistics, but apparently thats not a very good indicator?

Let's assume your correct that MV sat his whole freshman year or skated on the 4th line and turned in 8 points. Tell me how is UNH better off with four years of a replacement level talent than the SO, JR and SR seasons of Vecchione. The crux of your argument seems to be - don't get upset about losing Vecchione because he's simply another poor coaching evaluation just like the rest [how did he get a 75% scholarship in the first place??)??? [/COLOR][/COLOR]Sorry, but that doesn't cheer me up...

Until these lost recruiting classes UNH was filled with elite college hockey talent. They were not an also ran. Its one thing to defer talent when your cupboard is full - UNH's cupboard is NOT full. It hasn't been full. Reid, White and Laleggia are college studs at other schools. Soon Vechione will join them. How do you not see this is a problem...? Show me another program that has had these issues plague four-straight recruiting classes!!

Re: Downing. I watched Downing, Reid and Laleggia nearly everytime they came to play a Coastal Conference team. Downing was ready. Downing was smooth, responsible and confident - i don't care what 18-18-36 says to you. He played on the team's top PP. He played on the team's top PK. He stuck out like a sore thumb with his confidence and ability. He would have been the team's top FR last year - just like he will be this year. Defering him worked out fine for UNH because he's here...but that doesn't change the fact that they were playing with fire.

how did he get a 75% scholarship in the first place??)???

answer to that ? in one word " Serino"
that's how

brookie
12-31-2011, 01:18 AM
I wonder what UNH would have done if they were fortunate enough to land Destry Straight, who has only scored 1-1-2 in 18 games at BC. He probably could play a top-6 role at UNH right now, especially with Speelman out indefinitely - but would they have even brought him in? Or would they have asked him to defer until he was ready to make an immediate impact (as they did Laleggia - who would have stepped right into the UNH line-up if Umile hadn't prefered mediocre, upperclass defenders like Campanale & Beck)?

BC decided to bring Straight in on schedule. Would have prefered he play another year in juniors? As stated above he is skating on a lower line and has managed just two points. Did they prefer he develop at BC? We're they fearful that he might play MJ or look at other colleges if they asked him to defer? Whatever the reason, BC decided to add talent (if not necessarily readiness) to the roster and guarantee Straight's spot on the club.

Long story short UNH defers, Laleggia is a Pioneer. Straight comes directly to BC to develop and I'd bet he has a BIG sophomore year and a great career. Two different recruiting strategies, two different programs...

Freshman shouldn't be expected to make immediate major impacts at top programs. Some do and that's a fantastic bonus. The fact that UNH feels like they absolutely need immediate FR help highlights their recent recruiting issues.

Have you seen him play? I have several times and it's hard to watch. He skates his stick in the air when in traffic. He has been in the top 6 in many lineups now top 9. He has played every game 20 and has only 11 shots. He was recruited on hype and now bc is stuck with a scholly player who can't produce and is killing his line and Whitney's game. So as a unh fan you hope to have had him in your line up instead?
As a top 6 player to produce 3 points in 20 games? Sorry how does that make sense?

dover4345
12-31-2011, 11:02 PM
how did he get a 75% scholarship in the first place??)???

answer to that ? in one word " Serino"
that's how

Exactly--read over the thread if you have some time--its pretty obvious who Hokydad is.

Hokydad
01-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Exactly--read over the thread if you have some time--its pretty obvious who Hokydad is.

You cant just shut your trap can you.

You are a fool with no clue. Had another offer this weekend for more money than UNH from a better program, which is not saying much as UNH is not top 75% in D 1 today.

Saetia22
01-01-2012, 10:04 AM
Gee... I was hoping 2012 would bring better things to this thread.

Someone be the bigger person, and don't respond.

Defensive recruits -
While I am very excited for Pesce to hit campus, I would prefer we don't bring him in next year. He'll be 2 + years younger than anyone else on the team. I don't think its fair for him to be fighting for ice against someone who is 3.5 + years older than him, and who we just scooped up (walk-on I hope).

Nifty16
01-01-2012, 04:32 PM
MAKE IT STOP!!!

Can you 2 go find somewhere else to show off your knowledge of high school boys!!

Hokydad
01-01-2012, 06:37 PM
MAKE IT STOP!!!

Can you 2 go find somewhere else to show off your knowledge of high school boys!!

Sorry pal
If your pal can't shut his trap about a kid
So be it

Mosrite
01-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Sorry pal
If your pal can't shut his trap about a kid
So be it

YOU can make it stop by NOT READING IT. :rolleyes::rolleyes::p

WildShawn
01-01-2012, 08:50 PM
YOU can make it stop by NOT READING IT. :rolleyes::rolleyes::p

Exactly. Nobody cares. Let it go, you're both right and you're both wrong, and this used to be an interesting thread, and the two of you have ruined it. Congrats.

Hokydad
01-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Exactly. Nobody cares. Let it go, you're both right and you're both wrong, and this used to be an interesting thread, and the two of you have ruined it. Congrats.

no problem...

Since it is no longer interesting, I wont bother sharing a very interesting pice of info I heard last night about the program.

dover4345
01-01-2012, 09:42 PM
no problem...

Since it is no longer interesting, I wont bother sharing a very interesting pice of info I heard last night about the program.

Hokydad (Mr. Serino)---I think your a good coach. We disagree on MV's talent level and the level of play in the Catholic Conference. You have a done a great job at MC and MC is clearly the top program in the CC--but the others have not followed suit. I hope all is well for you in 2012 and truly hope to see you back behind the bench. But--I also do not think coaches should post on here, but I am sure you are not the only one.

Cheers!

Wildcat13
01-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Does anyone know the plans for another goalie in the pipeline? I really feel good about DeSmith especially with him only being a frosh but another solid goalie commitment would be great. I saw the post about the kid from Northwood which sounds promising.

Also, what do we know about Quast? Was he a late bloomer or will he never see much playing time? With all of the negativity out there, I like our youth and upcoming classes. The playing time for our young players will pay future dividends.

Lastly, when does the last Van Riemsdyk get to commitment age?

WildShawn
01-01-2012, 10:17 PM
no problem...

I know something you don't know, neener neener neener.