Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIT 2010-11: What do Tigers dream of?

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
    like candy.
    Out of sketchy vans along Clifford?
    Some say that if you're not taking flak, you're not over the target.

I just wonder why the goal seems to be taking flak.

Comment

RIT looked pretty good. Good luck with your season.
      UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Rather ironic that they are giving away so many tickets. A few RIT Hockey officials have been ragging on the Amerks for comping games in the past (Donner era) yet they have been handing out almost 100 tickets a week for almost the past 2 months. I know they had to prove need to get the tarps removed from the 200 end but that's just insane.

Comment

Originally posted by FrozenFairies View Post
          Rather ironic that they are giving away so many tickets. A few RIT Hockey officials have been ragging on the Amerks for comping games in the past (Donner era) yet they have been handing out almost 100 tickets a week for almost the past 2 months. I know they had to prove need to get the tarps removed from the 200 end but that's just insane.
          2 months*4weeks/month*(<100tix) < 800 tickets.

Not trivial, but still not all that many, given the capacity and the actual sales.
          Some say that if you're not taking flak, you're not over the target.

I just wonder why the goal seems to be taking flak.

Comment

Hey if we really are going to sell out. I am a season ticket holder but I would like to bring my little brother. Do you think there will be walk ups?
            R I T HOCKEY
            Frozen Four
            Elite Eight
            NCAA Tournament
            2010-2015-2016
            RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
              Hey if we really are going to sell out. I am a season ticket holder but I would like to bring my little brother. Do you think there will be walk ups?
              I would order one just in case.
              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2010 Frozen Four participant
              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by mdumont View Post
                I thought I remember they had reduced the seating for Amerks games last year but I couldn't recall if that was going to be the plan for all hockey related events.
                The Amerks decided at the end of last season that their 2-6k attendance figures just weren't cutting it in an arena that holds nearly 11k, especially with so many folks taking advantage of a huge discount for sitting in the upper corners / ends. The place was like an empty cavern most nights. So to create a more intimate environment, and to closer match the capacity to the demand (they want to actually sell out every once in a while), they announced that for the 2010-11 season, all Amerks games would have the upper ends tarped off, reducing the capacity for all Amerks games to around 7,500 or so (I can't remember the exact figure). This is solely the Rochester Americans', not the Blue Cross Arena's policy. I would imagine for any other event, the tarps would be available if wanted. But if RIT, or the circus, or the monster truck rally , or whomever pays the rent says they don't need the tarps, the tarps are off.
                Can't we all just get along?
                Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Just received a campus email with the subject line ...

"Act now: Less than 1,700 seats remain for Saturday's men's hockey game at Blue Cross Arena"

I don't know if that is for the full arena capacity or not, but it appears the place will be full.
                  -M

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
                    Just received a campus email with the subject line ...

"Act now: Less than 1,700 seats remain for Saturday's men's hockey game at Blue Cross Arena"

I don't know if that is for the full arena capacity or not, but it appears the place will be full.
                    Indeed 10,556 (something like that?) seats total. That means we've sold over 8856 tickets so far.

Will we sell out?
                    RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Mania View Post
                      Indeed 10,556 (something like that?) seats total. That means we've sold over 8856 tickets so far.

Will we sell out?
                      It should be dangerously close. Rochester is known as a walk-up crowd kind of market (which drives promoters crazy). Let's see if the buzz generated last year gets them out for this one. I have been kind of out of the loop, media-wise. Are there ads for the game on radio, TV, newspaper? I haven't heard or seen any.
                      Can't we all just get along?
                      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                        It should be dangerously close. Rochester is known as a walk-up crowd kind of market (which drives promoters crazy). Let's see if the buzz generated last year gets them out for this one. I have been kind of out of the loop, media-wise. Are there ads for the game on radio, TV, newspaper? I haven't heard or seen any.
                        I'm out of the loop as well. I don't check any of those things. I do work across the street from the BCA though and I haven't noticed and advertisments? Maybe I'm just blind or they might just be small posters. I'll take a look later today when I leave work.

UPDATE: 800 tickets left as of 4:45 P.M.
                        Last edited by Mania; 10-15-2010, 04:17 PM.
                        RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

If they truly sell out… the general admission seating might become an issue. You might see a lot of people standing…

Comment

Originally posted by emmpee View Post
                            If they truly sell out… the general admission seating might become an issue. You might see a lot of people standing…
                            Yes it will be hard to find seats together if you get there late to the game. On facebook they posted they are opening the gates at 530 instead of 6. My group plans on getting in line well before that
                            RIT Tigers
                            Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                            Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                            Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

D&C article says about 575 tickets left as of 10 PM. Looks like a sellout is likely.

Comment

Apparently it is a sell out. Will be quite a sight!
                                -M

Comment

Working...
                                X