Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIT 2010-11: What do Tigers dream of?

Originally posted by Zyklon View Post
    well. from what it's looking like probably him. Is madalora just not going to play however? Have we heard anything? But as far as if we're going to bet and I have to choose someone not Jan. Then i'd pick watson, he played solid for what it's worth against the MAV's... I think he's going to be a great goalie in a year or two.
    Last I heard at the exhibition was that Madalora was dinged up and they were going to be holding him out of the exhibition. However, they expected him back for this past weekend. I don't recall hearing much about him on the radio last weekend if he is still hurt.

Jan has played great so far this year - much better than expected.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
      Last I heard at the exhibition was that Madalora was dinged up and they were going to be holding him out of the exhibition. However, they expected him back for this past weekend. I don't recall hearing much about him on the radio last weekend if he is still hurt.

Whats the deal with a new arena? They just announced 3.5 million dollars for renovating the locker rooms which is good for the teams moral but what about us fans?! I don't mind them giving the Ritter a huge face-lift but why haven't there been any announcements on expanding?

I am so confused...

GO TIGERS!!
      R I T HOCKEY
      Frozen Four
      Elite Eight
      NCAA Tournament
      2010-2015-2016
      RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
        Whats the deal with a new arena? They just announced 3.5 million dollars for renovating the locker rooms which is good for the teams moral but what about us fans?! I don't mind them giving the Ritter a huge face-lift but why haven't there been any announcements on expanding?

I am so confused...

GO TIGERS!!
        From what I've heard, sounds like the new arena is 5-10 years off. Unless someone drops some big bucks and RIT goes nuts building it I don't think we'll be seeing one any time soon.
        RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post

I'm going to say it's fair to bet that Jan will get most starts until teams start exploiting his height. I wouldn't be surprised to see more of what we saw this weekend though: Jan on Friday nights and some combination of Watson/Madolora on Saturdays until one of them definitively claims that role.
          e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mania View Post
            From what I've heard, sounds like the new arena is 5-10 years off. Unless someone drops some big bucks and RIT goes nuts building it I don't think we'll be seeing one any time soon.
            I believe when we went D1 in 2005 we were given a 10 year period to move into a regulation size rink, yes? If so, we should be in a new one in the next 5 years.

As for the renovations, the locker rooms will be used for other sports once hockey's gone at Ritter. Lax / soccer / etc will be able to use the locker rooms for games on the field in front of the field house.

Also, holy cow I haven't posted in a while...

Comment

Originally posted by d4rksabre View Post
              I'm going to say it's fair to bet that Jan will get most starts until teams start exploiting his height. I wouldn't be surprised to see more of what we saw this weekend though: Jan on Friday nights and some combination of Watson/Madolora on Saturdays until one of them definitively claims that role.
              Jeff Lerg of MSU did well being a short goalie in the CCHA.

But I do agree that until someone makes the choice obvious, we will be seeing combos.

Comment

Does anyone know what the ticket sales look like for BCA game this Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by nerdofthunder View Post
                  Does anyone know what the ticket sales look like for BCA game this Saturday?
                  Get yours early. I've heard that they were close to 5000 over the radio - unless I was mistaken.

Comment

Yeah, I had heard via a friend pretty close to the team that they've passed the 5,000 mark.

Does anyone remember the capacity for Blue Cross? I thought I remember they had reduced the seating for Amerks games last year but I couldn't recall if that was going to be the plan for all hockey related events.

Comment

Originally posted by mdumont View Post
                      Yeah, I had heard via a friend pretty close to the team that they've passed the 5,000 mark.

Does anyone remember the capacity for Blue Cross? I thought I remember they had reduced the seating for Amerks games last year but I couldn't recall if that was going to be the plan for all hockey related events.
                      From the all-knowing Wikipedia:

Its maximum seating capacity is 12,428. For hockey and lacrosse, its seating capacity is 11,215
                      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

After the new party deck was put in, official hockey capacity at BCA is 10,556. Tickets sales have been very strong and a sellout is definitely a realistic goal.

Comment

The RIT_alumni twitter account said this earlier.

Nearly 10,000 so far 4 #RITHockey at Blue Cross! #RIT
                          The context made it sound like nearly 10,000 tickets were sold already.

Comment

This message was sent to the RIT Alumni this morning...

Gearing up for RIT BrickCity this weekend!! Nearly 1000 attending the alumni ball and nearly 10,000 so far for RIT Hockey at Blue Cross!
                            Proud member of Smitty's ARMY

Comment

Originally posted by R Habs View Post
                              This message was sent to the RIT Alumni this morning...

Gearing up for RIT BrickCity this weekend!! Nearly 1000 attending the alumni ball and nearly 10,000 so far for RIT Hockey at Blue Cross!
                              Really? According to the Tiger Beat Blog just over 7500 have been sold. http://www.thetigerbeat.com/blog/?p=2454
                              RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by metssabres View Post
                                After the new party deck was put in, official hockey capacity at BCA is 10,556. Tickets sales have been very strong and a sellout is definitely a realistic goal.
                                That and they're handing out free tix like candy.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X