Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIT 2010-11: What do Tigers dream of?

There were more people at Friday's game than Saturday's game I'd say an easy 50 more people. But you're right the numbers seem a little high. I'd presuming they're counting all the comp tickets that were given by the players that were not picked up. For example, at Mercyhurst I got tickets number 61(10 mins before game started Friday) and 50(20 mins early Saturday) both nights, and they said there were 498 Friday and 212 Saturday.

Also, if you can safely say there were less than 100 people there Friday, you're smoking something illegal. Saturday I would agree with you though, I guess you ran out. =]

Finally, Hamilton College's Sage Rink will forever get the award for coldest rink. But it just shouldn't be as cold in the Olympia as it is.

Comment

Looking over the scores around the AHA from this weekend, parity in this league strikes again. Splits for UConn at Niagara, RIT at AIC, and Hurst at Sacred Heart.Two ties this weekend, one for Holy Cross at AF and Bently at Rob Mo.

Any given game eh?
      e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by d4rksabre View Post
        Looking over the scores around the AHA from this weekend, parity in this league strikes again. Splits for UConn at Niagara, RIT at AIC, and Hurst at Sacred Heart.Two ties this weekend, one for Holy Cross at AF and Bently at Rob Mo.

Any given game eh?
        ... I still am indifferent about this team! I do not understand how you can play fantastic one night and completely bomb the next... Oh well, could this be a rebuilding year?
        R I T HOCKEY
        Frozen Four
        Elite Eight
        NCAA Tournament
        2010-2015-2016
        RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
          Finally, Hamilton College's Sage Rink will forever get the award for coldest rink. But it just shouldn't be as cold in the Olympia as it is.

I have never been so cold as I was at a game in Sage when the Tigers visited in the late 80's. I swear the goalies were laying on the ice to get warm.
          John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
          AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
          AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
          NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
          NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
          NCAA DII - 1983
          NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
            I have never been so cold as I was at a game in Sage when the Tigers visited in the late 80's. I swear the goalies were laying on the ice to get warm.
            Never been to a game at Hamilton or AIC ... Are they actually colder than the Murray Center?? If so, WOW, that's cold!
            Can't we all just get along?
            Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
              ... I still am indifferent about this team! I do not understand how you can play fantastic one night and completely bomb the next... Oh well, could this be a rebuilding year?
              They are relatively young and or inexperienced at some of the critical positions. Not to mention the multitude of injuries (and one suspension) to the D-men recently.
              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                Growing up (well, I never have really grown up but you know what I mean) ... anyway, growing up I lived right about halfway in between Sage and the Clinton Arena. I spent a lot more time at the Arena ... must have been because it was so (comparatively) warm and cozy.
                GO PURPS!
                Real Men wear PURPLE!

www.gwinnettgladiators.com

I am ... a New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                  They are relatively young and or inexperienced at some of the critical positions. Not to mention the multitude of injuries (and one suspension) to the D-men recently.
                  The inexperience at defense is an issue. Also, there is no shut-down pair that you can throw out there against the top lines.

As for rebuilding - remember that RIT has traditionally been a second half team. Hopefully that trend continues.
                  2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                  2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2010 Frozen Four participant
                  2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                    Never been to a game at Hamilton or AIC ... Are they actually colder than the Murray Center?? If so, WOW, that's cold!
                    Not even close. The Murray is a sauna compared to games at Hamilton or Potsdam's Maxcy Hall.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

So i know they announced the non conference schedule for next year on the radio broadcast this past weekend. but can't remember it, can someone provide that info? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Zyklon View Post
                        So i know they announced the non conference schedule for next year on the radio broadcast this past weekend. but can't remember it, can someone provide that info? Thanks!
                        I posted it saturday night...
                        Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                        just announced on WITR Radio, RIT Men's Hockey non conference schedule for next season: St Lawrence for Brick City Homecoming, RPI and Union at Ritter, away at Vermont's tournament (Catamount Cup, New Years Weekend), 2 @ Wisconsin first full weekend in January.
                        Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                        College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                        Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                        Men's Frozen Four 2010
                        Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                        Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                          I posted it saturday night...
                          Does anyone know who else is in the Catamount Cup besides RIT and UVm?

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            Not even close. The Murray is a sauna compared to games at Hamilton or Potsdam's Maxcy Hall.
                            Really? Brrr! I guess I'm glad I've never seen games in those places. I froze my butt off at Elmira many times. I'd hate to be even colder than that for 3+ hours... Although...I did venture to a game at Hobart once (and only Once!) a long time ago (didn't know it wasn't inside until I got there - in February nonetheless). I'll bet neither Hamilton, Potsdam, nor AIC can match the Geneva Community Ice Rink (or whatever that abomination was called) for cold, eh?

Comment

Anyone else see 13Wham News sports last night at 6:00? For a channel that seems to be all about covering the Tigers, I was a little disheartened to see on the screen that RIT Tiger goaltender Maladora won the AHA goaltender of the week. Now I can certainly understand a typo now and then. Who among us hasn't mis-spelled something occasionally? The disheartening part was that Chuck Wade actually pronounced it the same way it was spelled on the screen... as though he had never heard of they guy before and was just reading copy. He and Catalana have talked about the Tigers numerous times this season and last. You think he'd know better. Turns out he's just going through the motions when covering the Tigers. Oh well. At least we know what we've got here, whether anyone else does or not.

Comment

Didn't see it but I will give them a bit of a pass since they do cover RIT. I know I've pronounced and typed his name that way.

I suspect that they probably did just read the copy without thinking. I don't think it's that big a deal. Only us diehards would notice a small thing like that.
                                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                                2010 Frozen Four participant
                                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Working...
                                X