Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIT 2010-11: What do Tigers dream of?

I think RIT will use Ropponen tonight.

It's interesting that in the first couple weekends the season everyone was saying that Madalora should be the #3 goalie. Now he has the best record and some very good stats, especially in conference.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Originally posted by komey1 View Post
      I think RIT will use Ropponen tonight.

It's interesting that in the first couple weekends the season everyone was saying that Madalora should be the #3 goalie. Now he has the best record and some very good stats, especially in conference.
      That was just because of the soft goals at the bca game
      RIT Tigers
      Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
      Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
      Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Coach Wilson said in the post-game last night that Jan will start today.

Comment

just announced on WITR Radio, RIT Men's Hockey non conference schedule for next season: St Lawrence for Brick City Homecoming, RPI and Union at Ritter, away at Vermont's tournament (Catamount Cup, New Years Weekend), 2 @ Wisconsin first full weekend in January.
          Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
          College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
          Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
          Men's Frozen Four 2010
          Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
          Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Well, after Ropponen got pulled today, you have to wonder which of the three goaltenders will get next weekend's Saturday start...

Comment

this was nice tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                Well, after Ropponen got pulled today, you have to wonder which of the three goaltenders will get next weekend's Saturday start...
                I didn't have time to listen today due to a scheduling fail on my part (thought it was a night game). How did Watson play after Ropponen got pulled?

Comment

Originally posted by mdumont View Post
                  I didn't have time to listen today due to a scheduling fail on my part (thought it was a night game). How did Watson play after Ropponen got pulled?
                  He spent most of his time running back and forth between the net and the bench.
                  Some say that if you're not taking flak, you're not over the target.

I just wonder why the goal seems to be taking flak.

Comment

hmm... well it's looking more and more like Madalora will be the #1. My bet is that after this weekend he will start getting 75-85% of the starts and that Ropponen and Watson will duel it out for the other 15-25%. I honestly think Watson should be playing as he's just a bigger goalie and for an RIT team that is looking to be a dominant team they should let a goalie like him get a lot of experience so he can be dominant in the future (Him and madalora both as they are Sophomores and Freshman versus Rope being a senior).

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                      I think Ropponen gets his next Saturday start. This really has been his first BAD game of the year IMO. For some reason, the team has not always played well in front of him. A second weak game against Mercyhurst and he will be relegated to #2 I think.

I think Watson is relegated to 3rd string for the year and go to the goalie camps that DeMichael and Ropponen went to. I think Madalora is making a strong case to be #1 - especially since he has not lost a game this year. I would rather keep Ropponen at #2 right now.

BTW - the USCHO scoresheet shows Madolora as making the start.

Comment

One bad game from Janny, I'll let it go.

btw, for this interested: http://cgi.ebay.com/VTG-Issued-Game-...item588b67b785
                        e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

RIT better address the penalties or the penalty kill.

AIC was 3-7 on the power play.
                          Last edited by kbranch; 12-05-2010, 08:46 AM.
                          KBranch

Comment

Originally posted by kbranch View Post
                            RIT better address the penalties or the penalty kill.

AIC was 3-7 on the power play.
                            During their brief winning streak, they did not allow a PP goal.

In reality, they need to address both if they are going to win the league.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                              in reality, they need to address both if they are going to consistently win games.
                              fyp.
                              My Four Favorite teams:
                              RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                              Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

I call shenanigan's on the official attendance for the box scores for both games this last weekend. College hockey stats lists them as 382 for Friday and 212 for Saturday. Yet having been to the games I can safely say there were less than 100 people there for both games counting the people on the bench and ice. In fact, I the ticket numbers I have from Friday to Saturday are only 39 apart.

The only way I can figure that they got to those numbers is counting me (and the other 12 of us) for additional times entering the arena after having had to go out to the lobby to find some shred of warmth. Seriously, I've been to cold arena's before. Heck, I went to watch some games at Hobart back in the day. But that was the coldest arena I have ever been in.
                                RIT HOCKEY!!!
                                You know what I mean.

RIP Mikita

. . . don't worry we'll figure out who bothman is someday, not that anyone cares.

[.+0 :=oo:] My Wii-pon of choice.

What do you want YOUR legacy to be?

Comment

Working...
                                X