Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIT 2010-11: What do Tigers dream of?

Wilrfed Laurier got held up at the border. Game time moved to 4:05.

Comment

Fresh off the radio: Madolora's out with a lower-body injury. Ropponen will start; Watson will play the second half.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Not too shabby. The team looked like they started to meld a lot better in the 2nd half of the game after a few soft plays resulting in some turnovers in the RIT zone in the 1st period. Ropponen looked great and Watson is huge! I like it. Haltigan seemed to have a pretty decent game as well.
        RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

A win today and a little TV time in RIT's future.....

Friday, Feb. 25
          Niagara at Rochester Institute of Technology, 7:30 p.m. Eastern, CBS College Sports

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/blogs/from_the_...#ixzz11F9hFitq
          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
            A win today and a little TV time in RIT's future.....

Friday, Feb. 25
            Niagara at Rochester Institute of Technology, 7:30 p.m. Eastern, CBS College Sports

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/blogs/from_the_...#ixzz11F9hFitq
            Does anyone know if this game will be available to watch on cbssports.com?
            RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Random question that I probably asked last year: When and why did W-I-T-R become WITR-rhymes with "Ritter"?

Also, you faked me out when I went to the car at 3:30 and didn't hear the game as I drove to the dog park. I thought the game wasn't being broadcast. Booooooooooooo!

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post
                Does anyone know if this game will be available to watch on cbssports.com?
                Maybe but doesn't look like it's a freebie.

http://www.cbssports.com/partner/xxl
                RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by RITTechie View Post
                  Random question that I probably asked last year: When and why did W-I-T-R become WITR-rhymes with "Ritter"?

Also, you faked me out when I went to the car at 3:30 and didn't hear the game as I drove to the dog park. I thought the game wasn't being broadcast. Booooooooooooo!
                  We changed it spring quarter last year. The thinking was that most people on campus didn't bother spelling it out. So it was changed to become a bigger part of campus. There are also larger internal reasons as well.
                  "I couldn't be more impressed with the student body . They had fun and had many chants but they lacked venom."

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                    Fresh off the radio: Madolora's out with a lower-body injury. Ropponen will start; Watson will play the second half.

Powers &8^]
                    was madalora slated to start? and do we know how long he'll be out for. Also, do you think that meant that watson was 3rd string, and ropponen is the actual starter? Any opinions?

Comment

Jan probably started becuase he is the senior. He did play well and earned the #3 star.

From what I was told, Shane will be back next weekend. There is just no need to put anyone out there that is nicked up.
                      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2010 Frozen Four participant
                      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                        The thinking was that most people on campus didn't bother spelling it out.
                        No offense, but that's really weird. You mean people were already pronouncing it "witter"? Who does that for radio station call letters (aside from WHAM, the only local exception, and even then it's about 50/50)?

There are also larger internal reasons as well.
                        I assumed it was a branding issue, but it still sounds silly to me when I hear it on the air.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                          No offense, but that's really weird. You mean people were already pronouncing it "witter"? Who does that for radio station call letters (aside from WHAM, the only local exception, and even then it's about 50/50)?

I assumed it was a branding issue, but it still sounds silly to me when I hear it on the air.

Powers &8^]
                          No one called it witter. I have no idea where they got that idea from. Most people called it I-T-R or W-I-T-R. I personally refuse to refer to it as witter because frankly, it's silly.

The name change was done as part of a formatting and station philosophy change. Less focus on crappy new music and more focus on new alternative music that people actually want to hear. That I have no problem with. I do, however, still take issue with the butchering of the at large programs such as Whole Lotta Shakin, Bad Dog Blue, etc. Those shows were always in perfect time slots and now I can't listen to them anymore. And that sucks.

I like some of the changes, but not all of them. And the ones that I don't like, I really don't like.
                          e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

This may be kinda random. But me and my roommate were discussing yesterdays game. And we were wondering where Rocky (announcer) was. The new guy was not nearly as good. Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Zyklon View Post
                              This may be kinda random. But me and my roommate were discussing yesterdays game. And we were wondering where Rocky (announcer) was. The new guy was not nearly as good. Anyone know?
                              The Corner Crew was told he couldn't make it to the game, but will be back for the Blue Cross game. I don't think he was at the exhibition game last year, either.
                              RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by jgRIT View Post
                                The Corner Crew was told he couldn't make it to the game, but will be back for the Blue Cross game. I don't think he was at the exhibition game last year, either.
                                Correct.

Also, Zyklon, you do, uh, understand the negative connotations associated with that name right?
                                Last edited by d4rksabre; 10-03-2010, 01:20 PM.
                                e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Working...
                                X