This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by d4rksabre View Post
    I just pray that they do this new arena right. It better be cozy like the Ritter is now, because that's the atmosphere that makes playing here so awesome.

If it's anything less than a 21st century iteration of this arena then I'm not sure I'll be pleased.
    Wouldn't a second deck like that make it cozier? People are closer to the ice like that.
    —Elliot
    RIT Class of 2008

Comment

• Re: RIT 2010-11: What do Tigers dream of?

Originally posted by elvo86 View Post
      Wouldn't a second deck like that make it cozier? People are closer to the ice like that.
      I posted this a while back at the infancy of the new arena discussion... i think this would be a good model for rit to build and its right in the range of the cost that destler mentioned...
      http://bemidjievents.com/... there is a video on it...

Comment

I'm not suggesting that Wilson's going to ride one goaltender, but giving Roponnen the Friday night start after Madolora missed his last one makes it seem like Ropponen would be the "1A" and Madolora the "1B", that's all.

Not something that matters except on weeks that the Tigers only have one game.

Comment

Guess we're too much of a tech school... Outside of the computer realm, "development" means "money raising."
          haha!

In my realm, development is where all the money goes. We leave the 'money raising' to those fools in our Sales department'

Regardign Bemidji's arena, that's a....wait for it......'awesome' looking building!

Here's hoping for a repeat of last night's performance tonight...
          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by nanotiger View Post
            Hell, even a 20th century iteration of that. I like the old-school look.
            Me too. That's why I have a strange obsession with the old Boston Arena.

Exactly. That balcony puts the fans right on top of the players. We already are in the Ritter, so imagine what it'd be like to have twice as many people that close to the ice. I think it could only be described as "intense".

Originally posted by RIT4life View Post
            I posted this a while back at the infancy of the new arena discussion... i think this would be a good model for rit to build and its right in the range of the cost that destler mentioned...
            http://bemidjievents.com/... there is a video on it...
            I like Bemidji...from the outside. Their interior design has some flaws though.

http://bemidjievents.com/images/Interior%20Bowl.pdf

Like those obnoxious railings in the center ice sight-lines. And how the different sections are sort of haphazardly divided based on entry tunnel placement. Also looks like the seats don't go up to the glass in the corners/halfwalls, which I think is a terrible flaw. Whoever came up with the interior layout didn't do it with the hockey fan in mind.
            e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Like those obnoxious railings in the center ice sight-lines. And how the different sections are sort of haphazardly divided based on entry tunnel placement. Also looks like the seats don't go up to the glass in the corners/halfwalls, which I think is a terrible flaw. Whoever came up with the interior layout didn't do it with the hockey fan in mind.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, looks like they put a bunch of handicapped seating down along the glass in three of the four corners and some of the sections on the right hand are a little awkward looking. I took the video tour but they didn't really talk about seating. Haven't been there so I have no idea what view would be from the seats.

The entire facility was quoted at 60 million but includes a convention center.

So......if you were to build a new arena, what interior would you model it after when looking at arena's built in the last 5 to 10 years?
              RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by d4rksabre View Post
                If it's anything less than a 21st century iteration of this arena then I'm not sure I'll be pleased.
                I had just come to the conclusion that to completely capture the Ritter's feel with a larger crowd, we need a second tier that is right on top of the ice, similarl to what is in that picture.

Comment

Gallery from Saturday's game by Dylan Heuer: http://www.uscho.com/photos/2010/11/...cticut-at-rit/

Comment

I wasn't at the game tonight, but for the RM game and Friday nights game the DJ told the band not to play after the first goal so he could play something. what do you guys think of it? or did you even notice?
                    "I couldn't be more impressed with the student body . They had fun and had many chants but they lacked venom."

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                      I wasn't at the game tonight, but for the RM game and Friday nights game the DJ told the band not to play after the first goal so he could play something. what do you guys think of it? or did you even notice?
                      That's the way a-huh a-huh I like it a-huh a-huh.

Yes, I prefer the DJ. I've always been a supporter of the band, but the DJ has simply been better this year than Brian Russell ever was. Cory is the man.

Plus the band screwing up the Star Spangled Banner on Friday night was unforgivable. UNFORGIVABLE.
                      e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                        Originally posted by d4rksabre View Post
                        That's the way a-huh a-huh I like it a-huh a-huh.

Yes, I prefer the DJ. I've always been a supporter of the band, but the DJ has simply been better this year than Brian Russell ever was. Cory is the man.
                        What I noticed tonight when it was played was that our "it's all your fault"s went well with the song. It was kind of creepy.
                        RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

He played "All I do is win" too early though, we gave up too goals after that so its his fault

In seriousness though, good weekend for RIT. Its nice to see some freshmen contributing already offensively. I thought Ropponen looked a little more solid than Madolora on Friday night. The power play is coming together nicely, however I have concerns about the first penalty kill unit. They seemed to be consistently out of position and chasing the puck the entire night. It was wasn't just Saturday, same thing happened Friday. Might need to switch it up some and instead of McReynolds try Cornacchia on the first PK unit instead.

Any word on why Haltigan was out? Injury or was coach sending a message to the team by sitting a Captain?
                          RIT Tigers
                          Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                          Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                          Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                            Any word on why Haltigan was out? Injury or was coach sending a message to the team by sitting a Captain?
                            Did you see what happened to Haltigin on Friday?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post

Like those obnoxious railings in the center ice sight-lines. And how the different sections are sort of haphazardly divided based on entry tunnel placement. Also looks like the seats don't go up to the glass in the corners/halfwalls, which I think is a terrible flaw. Whoever came up with the interior layout didn't do it with the hockey fan in mind.

Yeah, looks like they put a bunch of handicapped seating down along the glass in three of the four corners and some of the sections on the right hand are a little awkward looking. I took the video tour but they didn't really talk about seating. Haven't been there so I have no idea what view would be from the seats.

The entire facility was quoted at 60 million but includes a convention center.

So......if you were to build a new arena, what interior would you model it after when looking at arena's built in the last 5 to 10 years?[/QUOTE]

according to an article I read, destler is having some of his admin go to miami of ohio and several toronto arenas to get an idea of what they can do.. miami of ohio has a nice arena with a
                              2nd deck pretty close to the action. if you ask me how I would model it, I would def use Matthews arena which is at northeastern univ. but with custom seating and not bleachers like they have it..

Comment

Originally posted by RIT4life View Post
                                but with custom seating and not bleachers like they have it..
                                I rather like the benches at the Ritter. I always feel out of place and separated when divided into bucket seats at Blue Cross.
                                Some say that if you're not taking flak, you're not over the target.

I just wonder why the goal seems to be taking flak.

Comment

Working...
                                X