Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIT 2010-11: What do Tigers dream of?

It looks like that info is accurate. On the B2 site, it says "This broadcast has been canceled" underneath the link for the RIT/AFA game. What a bummer. Good thing we have enthusiastic radio guys.
    RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

What no weekend turnaround for a new part or an IT guy who can build another computer??? Why am I paying taxes!!!
      Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
      The Mule
      Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
        If that's the game TigerFan meant, the goal came with two seconds remaining and it wasn't a tip-in; Hill took a pass at the left boards and brought it in himself.

Loudest I've ever heard the Ritter.

Powers &8^]
        Sam Hill's GWG was in Elmira.

Nevermind...it was at the Ritter!

http://www.uscho.com/box/mens-hockey...elmira-vs-rit/
        Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 11-07-2010, 08:54 PM.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

So Coach Wilson indicated in the postgame interview that the team just kind of stopped playing after those first two goals. But that's not much of an explanation. I mean, surely the entire team didn't just up and take it easy the rest of the game because they had a lead, right? They didn't just all ignore the coaches and stop working hard, right? From the radio broadcast, it sure sounded like Spivak was working hard, for instance.

No question the Tigers were outworked tonight, but was it really a particularly lax effort, or did Air Force just overwhelm somehow? It just doesn't make sense that the entire team would, in unison, play like crap just because they got a lead.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Sounded like the refs gave AF a lot of help, and a momentum shift.
            Some say that if you're not taking flak, you're not over the target.

I just wonder why the goal seems to be taking flak.

Comment

Loudest I've ever heard the Ritter. Powers &8^]
              I would agree with that one. I thought the bleachers were going to collapse. It was like a mosh pit. That siren was right above us in our old seats where the band is now (grrrrrr) and I didn't even hear it. It was so freakin loud in there...
              Originally Posted by Cornell Fan WordsSayNothing: "RIT has an impressive fanbase. I wouldn't mind having them on my side."
              2003-2004 ECAC West Pick'em Champ
              2003 DIII Tournament of Posters Champ
              2002-2003 DIII Last Person Standing Champ

Comment

What has been a disturbing trend so far this season is how often RIT is getting outshot this year. Even when RIT was loosing games early last year, they were outshooting opponents. The strength of this team was supposed to be the offense, but they can't seem to muster 30 shots per game. The goals are starting to come, but this trend will need to be reversed during league play in order to secure a top 2 spot in the Western pod.
                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2010 Frozen Four participant
                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

If that's the game TigerFan meant, the goal came with two seconds remaining and it wasn't a tip-in; Hill took a pass at the left boards and brought it in himself.

Loudest I've ever heard the Ritter.

Powers &8^]
                  You must not be remembering the same goal. The goal I am referring to was scored by a wide open Hill taking a laser-like, cross-ice pass (from whom, I can't remember) at the edge of the crease and tipping (ok, hammering) it in just as the buzzer sounded. It was such a bang-bang play. I don't know if Elmira lost positioning thinking the game was already over or what. But I do remember the Tigers trying that particular pass numerous times the next season's worth of games with only a little success. But the one time it worked did send the Ritter into a tizzy, that's for sure.
                  Can't we all just get along?
                  Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                    What has been a disturbing trend so far this season is how often RIT is getting outshot this year. Even when RIT was loosing games early last year, they were outshooting opponents. The strength of this team was supposed to be the offense, but they can't seem to muster 30 shots per game. The goals are starting to come, but this trend will need to be reversed during league play in order to secure a top 2 spot in the Western pod.
                    Well, we all knew defense was going to be a big question mark. Without the stud # 1 pairing from last year, things were surely going to get a little more challenging, especially in the early seson as Coach Wilson spends at least a few games experimenting trying to find the right pairs.
                    There's that and the fact that RIT's Non-conference opponents have been considerably tougher (in theory, at least) than last year's.
                    Also, the opponents know that the Tigers' goaltenders are all inexperienced. So their game plans are probably to shoot at the net at any time, from any place, and just keep the shots coming.

As far as yesterday's loss... Although it is no excuse (see Mercyhurst's thrashing of the Falcons), when was the last time an RIT team flew to Colorado Springs and came away with a victory in the first game (granted, that's usually on a Friday)? I can't remember. It seems like RIT's best result out there is almost always in the second of two games (possbly due to acclimation). But thanks to the AHA and their mentally challenged pod scheduling, there will be no second game this time.
                    Can't we all just get along?
                    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Henrietta, N.Y. - RIT will announce a major gift of one million dollars to kickoff a campaign to fund a brand new on-campus hockey arena, multiple sources have confirmed to 13WHAM Sports.

http://www.13wham.com/content/sports...MGwqYU6Lg.cspx

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                        As far as yesterday's loss... Although it is no excuse (see Mercyhurst's thrashing of the Falcons), when was the last time an RIT team flew to Colorado Springs and came away with a victory in the first game (granted, that's usually on a Friday)? I can't remember. It seems like RIT's best result out there is almost always in the second of two games (possbly due to acclimation). But thanks to the AHA and their mentally challenged pod scheduling, there will be no second game this time.
                        They went out early to try to counteract that. But according to Coach Wilson, they just quit playing; he didn't say anything about conditioning.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                          You must not be remembering the same goal. The goal I am referring to was scored by a wide open Hill taking a laser-like, cross-ice pass (from whom, I can't remember) at the edge of the crease and tipping (ok, hammering) it in just as the buzzer sounded.
                          It must not be, because I just listened to Randy's goal call again, and Hill had the puck before Randy called 4 seconds left, then Chris noted two seconds remaining after the goal was scored.

Powers &8^]

Comment

official press release from the college announcing a press conference at Ritter on Friday. Subject matter: Important annoucement regarding the future of the Mens and Women's hockey teams. As indicated below, its the specifics or at least further plans regarding a new arena.
                            Last edited by WestsideTigersFan; 11-08-2010, 03:17 PM.
                            Skate every shift like its your last

Comment

Originally posted by WestsideTigersFan View Post
                              official press release from the college announcing a press conference at Ritter on Friday. Subject matter: Important annoucement regarding the future of the Mens and Women's hockey teams. As indicated below, its the specifics or at least further plans regarding a new arena.
                              Third period has been tough on the Tiger's leads this year. They need to play through the full 60 minutes.
                              RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by nerdofthunder View Post
                                Henrietta, N.Y. - RIT will announce a major gift of one million dollars to kickoff a campaign to fund a brand new on-campus hockey arena, multiple sources have confirmed to 13WHAM Sports.

http://www.13wham.com/content/sports...MGwqYU6Lg.cspx
                                Here's the thing, the goal is $30M, the gift is $1M, but the renovations to the Ritter are budgeted at $3.5M. Wouldn't the university and hockey programs be better served by cancelling the renovations, or scaling them back dramatically and applying that 3.5M to the new arena? Is that in the rumor mill?

Comment

Working...
                                X