X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten Hockey Conference Pt II - The Exodus

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
    Who is going to want to schedule these Little Six teams after they **** everyone else off?
    SCSU
    UMD
    UND
    BSU
    MSU
    DU
    CC
    UAA
    UNO
    MT
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
      Did you see the MSUM "home" game at the Xcel a couple years ago?
      I believe that was MSU's biggest revenue game in school history.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
        SCSU
        UMD
        UND
        BSU
        MSU
        DU
        CC
        UAA
        UNO
        MT
        If you want to see what Minnesota's schedule at Mariucci will be in a few years, just go look at Michigan's schedule for the past dozen years on this site. Other than the college hockey showcase, which of course necessitates that Michigan travel every other year on a quid pro quo basis, this is what your season tickets will buy you:

Niagara
        St. Lawrence
        Niagara
        BU (but only if you agree to go to BU the next year)
        UAH
        Connecticut
        Northeastern
        Quinnipiac
        BC (one game)
        Merrimack
        UNH (one game)
        St. Lawrence
        Mercyhurst
        Quinnipiac
        Merrimack
        Harvard (one game)
        Mass-Lowell
        Yale (back when Yale was bad)
        Niagara

That takes you back to '99. But all will be good. You'll get to see a bunch of teams you didn't even know existed.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
          SCSU
          UMD
          UND
          BSU
          MSU
          DU
          CC
          UAA
          UNO
          MT
          There is nothing in it for the WCHA schools if they don't get home games back. Sure the minnesota schools want to the Gophers, but why would they care if they never play them at home? If the Big Ten schools are willing to travel then yeah, you will see WCHA teams scheduling them. Otherwise Big Ten teams are going to have to buy the small schools(i.e AHA) off and pay them to travel. WCHA teams only have 6 open dates a year, so I am sure they are going to want some of those to be home games.
          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
            There is nothing in it for the WCHA schools if they don't get home games back. Sure the minnesota schools want to the Gophers, but why would they care if they never play them at home? If the Big Ten schools are willing to travel then yeah, you will see WCHA teams scheduling them. Otherwise Big Ten teams are going to have to buy the small schools(i.e AHA) off and pay them to travel. WCHA teams only have 6 open dates a year, so I am sure they are going to want some of those to be home games.
            You could see the Huskies go to Madison one year and then host UW in Green Bay the next
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I'm willing to bet that conference schedules are cut back considerably if the BTHC comes into being and cross conference agreements are made between the WCHA, CCHA, and tBTHC.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                If you want to see what Minnesota's schedule at Mariucci will be in a few years, just go look at Michigan's schedule for the past dozen years on this site. Other than the college hockey showcase, which of course necessitates that Michigan travel every other year on a quid pro quo basis, this is what your season tickets will buy you:

Niagara
                St. Lawrence
                Niagara
                UAH
                Connecticut
                Northeastern
                Quinnipiac
                BC (one game)
                Merrimack
                UNH (one game)
                St. Lawrence
                Mercyhurst
                Quinnipiac
                Merrimack
                Harvard (one game)
                Mass-Lowell
                Niagara

That takes you back to '99. But all will be good. You'll get to see a bunch of teams you didn't even know existed.
                Yep. The CCHA needs Michigan/Michigan State. Those two schools can do without the CCHA.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  I'm willing to bet that conference schedules are cut back considerably if the BTHC comes into being and cross conference agreements are made between the WCHA, CCHA, and tBTHC.
                  I think that would be the smart move for everybody involved and I would love to see it.
                  I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

So have the rest of the teams that are pathetic and have crappy fans and no support quitting hockey yet? Those of us real teams in big conferences want you to go away now so we can play real hockey and not deal with you peons!

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I'll bet Minnesota football fans didn't know South Dakota had a D1 football team before this year?
                      (Talking about playing lower level teams, USC is the only decent game in many people's eyes.)
                      Michigan's is slightly better, with two major conference opponents, a mid major and a squeaker vs a DI-subdivision.

So in all honesty, everyone in a major conference should be use to these types of OOC schedule.
                      Does Appalachin State have hockey?

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      , this is what your season tickets will buy you:

Niagara
                      St. Lawrence
                      Niagara
                      UAH
                      Connecticut
                      Northeastern
                      Quinnipiac
                      BC (one game)
                      Merrimack
                      UNH (one game)
                      St. Lawrence
                      Mercyhurst
                      Quinnipiac
                      Merrimack
                      Harvard (one game)
                      Mass-Lowell
                      Niagara

Comment

The BTN will be featuring Penn State hockey on its Tailgate Show on Friday night (11pm ET).

BTN reporter and Penn State alum Melanie Collins is back home this week and had a little fun on Tuesday.

******* width="445" height="364">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Y-CfOs5IK4?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b 8ab6&border=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Y-CfOs5IK4?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b 8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364">
                        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Ok, for example Minnesota and Wisconsin should travel to SCSU once every five years. I think that is fair.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                            The BTN will be featuring Penn State hockey on its Tailgate Show on Friday night (11pm ET).

BTN reporter and Penn State alum Melanie Collins is back home this week and had a little fun on Tuesday.

******* width="445" height="364">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Y-CfOs5IK4?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b 8ab6&border=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Y-CfOs5IK4?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b 8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364">
                            I don't know if I am more impressed that she is a pretty girl or if she can actually skate. Skating wins out.

Comment

Just to throw another unlikely possibility out....

On the Rick Comley Show this week, Rick said he was not involved with the discussions, but said he didn't see why there needed to be a separate BT conference. When asked his preference he said he'd like to see a merger of the CCHA and WCHA with four divisions. Each team would play 4 games against the others within their division with another 4-8 (assuming 28 game league schedule) outside the division (could have some protected rivalries that meet each year.) Having both Alaska schools in the same division has its advantages and disadvantages...I'm keeping them there with the idea that other division schools would make one 10 day trip a year to Alaska and play both in back to back weekends.

I personally don't see this happening...but if it did it might look something like this:

Big Ten
                              Penn State
                              Michigan
                              Ohio State
                              Michigan State
                              Wisconsin
                              Minnesota

West
                              Alaska-F
                              Alaska-A
                              Colorado C
                              Denver
                              UNO
                              North Dakota

North
                              Minnesota State
                              BSU
                              UMD
                              St Cloud
                              Mich Tech
                              Northern Michigan

South
                              Lake State
                              Ferris
                              Western
                              Notre Dame
                              Bowling Green
                              Miami
                              UAH

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
                                Just to throw another unlikely possibility out....

On the Rick Comley Show this week, Rick said he was not involved with the discussions, but said he didn't see why there needed to be a separate BT conference. When asked his preference he said he'd like to see a merger of the CCHA and WCHA with four divisions. Each team would play 4 games against the others within their division with another 4-8 (assuming 28 game league schedule) outside the division (could have some protected rivalries that meet each year.) Having both Alaska schools in the same division has its advantages and disadvantages...I'm keeping them there with the idea that other division schools would make one 10 day trip a year to Alaska and play both in back to back weekends.

I personally don't see this happening...but if it did it might look something like this:

Big Ten
                                Penn State
                                Michigan
                                Ohio State
                                Michigan State
                                Wisconsin
                                Minnesota

West
                                Alaska-F
                                Alaska-A
                                Colorado C
                                Denver
                                UNO
                                North Dakota

North
                                Minnesota State
                                BSU
                                UMD
                                St Cloud
                                Mich Tech
                                Northern Michigan

South
                                Lake State
                                Ferris
                                Western
                                Notre Dame
                                Bowling Green
                                Miami
                                UAH
                                One, the biggests problem I see with this you would lose an conference with an autobid. Plus, how hosed is that West Division?? Though I suppose a school like UND could just do one week in Alaska, and then another week later on in Colorado.
                                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                                X