X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten Hockey Conference Pt II - The Exodus

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    It's true: if Alvarez has his way, UW would never again play a non-conference away game. I can only hope that Atlantic Hockey, and whatever D-III and ACHA teams that we bring into the Kohl Center appreciate it.
    Despite a long history of UW doing, well, the exact opposite of what you say while Alvarez has been the AD.
    "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
      Here's a look at the future. He has some funny comments in there.

http://www.maizenbrew.com/2010/9/28/...e-crystal-ball
      Originally posted by Wreckincrew: "I nominate Clifton for a position on the NCAA Frozen Four host selection plan"

Comment

Brilliant stuff. Very well done.

Comment

Minnesota State Senator and DU hockey Alum Dave Tomassoni talks about the proposed BTHC and its potential effect on N.E. Minnesota.

He also mentions that Wooger cut Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty in high school.

http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2010/10...ota-state.html

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
            Brilliant stuff. Very well done.
            Not bad for a Michigan fan! Especially the part about JoePa -- simply hysterical!

Oh, these next few years are going to be fun.
            Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

None of the predictions account for the world ending in December of 2012.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                None of the predictions account for the world ending in December of 2012.
                Silly, that's when JoePa finally kicks the bucket.
                Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  He actually took it easier on Alvarez than I would have expected.

It's true: if Alvarez has his way, UW would never again play a non-conference away game. I can only hope that Atlantic Hockey, and whatever D-III and ACHA teams that we bring into the Kohl Center appreciate it.
                  It will be interesting to see what teams Wisconsin gets non-conference. If the WCHA teams keep a 28 game schedule and only have 6 non conference games they probably won't play Wisconsin unless they agree to a return trip at the other teams house the next year. If they think they are just going to play at home every game they are going to have to pay crappy teams to come. Even a Wisconsin can't guarnatee a team like SCSU enough money to only play there.
                  I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                    It will be interesting to see what teams Wisconsin gets non-conference. If the WCHA teams keep a 28 game schedule and only have 6 non conference games they probably won't play Wisconsin unless they agree to a return trip at the other teams house the next year. If they think they are just going to play at home every game they are going to have to pay crappy teams to come. Even a Wisconsin can't guarnatee a team like SCSU enough money to only play there.
                    Somehow, I don't think that's something that's keeping Alvarez awake at night.

Comment

Well, you have to figure that as long as Alvarez doesn't become the president of the Brewers and has his first action be to fire Bob Uecker, he'll at least be ahead of Bo Schembechler for post-coaching idiocy.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Who is going to want to schedule these Little Six teams after they **** everyone else off?
                        Bob is making me concerned
                        I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                          Who is going to want to schedule these Little Six teams after they **** everyone else off?
                          Maybe somebody who wants to put butts in the seats.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                            Maybe somebody who wants to put butts in the seats.
                            Kinda hard to put butts in the seats if the little six don't come to your arena
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              Kinda hard to put butts in the seats if the little six don't come to your arena
                              Did you see the MSUM "home" game at the Xcel a couple years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                                Did you see the MSUM "home" game at the Xcel a couple years ago?
                                That was MSUM's choice for a Conference game...much like Michigan Tech hosting Wisconsin in Green Bay.
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X