X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten Hockey Conference Pt II - The Exodus

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Are you just being obtuse or do I have to spell it out for you?
    Are you saying PSU or the Big Ten? Because there is a big difference between who destroyed college hockey. IMO, it is too early to say if anybody destroyed college hockey.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
      This is how I feel. IMO, at least from the Minnesota side once the BTHC starts up the rivalry between Minnesota and North Dokota will lose its luster over night.
      That rivalry will never lose its luster with me. Ever.

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      Well I wouldn't be so sure, I just bet they won't be charging $45 face value for 80% of the tickets in the arena. Like I said, the thursday and friday morning games were about the worst possible scenario the WCHA could have had...I think UNO will draw decent...UMD, BSU, SCSU will do better than CC vs UAA.
      And I'm guessing that many people like the GPL crew (not saying them specifically, just people who are MN fans) and WI fans won't show up because it's not their conference anymore. That's a big chunk. AND this is assuming they keep the F5 at the X, which I think the conference will at least try and rotate between REA, the X, and maybe more.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Are you saying PSU or the Big Ten? Because there is a big difference between who destroyed college hockey. IMO, it is too early to say if anybody destroyed college hockey.
        Well, duh. I'm not saying they destroyed college hockey. I'm saying they - PSU, UW, and the BTHC - have destroyed everything I hold dear in college hockey. The rivalry with UND. Great, affordable road trips to local MN teams. The chance at the Broodmore. The chance at the McNaughton.

Screw 'em. I hope they fold.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          And I'm guessing that many people like the GPL crew (not saying them specifically, just people who are MN fans) and WI fans won't show up because it's not their conference anymore. That's a big chunk. AND this is assuming they keep the F5 at the X, which I think the conference will at least try and rotate between REA, the X, and maybe more.
          Right now it is set to stay at the X. I can certainly see it moving to REA if attendance starts to suck.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            Right now it is set to stay at the X. I can certainly see it moving to REA if attendance starts to suck.
            I thought I read somewhere that the contract ends in two years. I could very well be wrong, but if that's true....A) what timing and B) expect a re-evaluation, depending on what teams make it the next two years.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Well, duh. I'm not saying they destroyed college hockey. I'm saying they - PSU, UW, and the BTHC - have destroyed everything I hold dear in college hockey. The rivalry with UND. Great, affordable road trips to local MN teams. The chance at the Broodmore. The chance at the McNaughton.

Screw 'em. I hope they fold.
              Older Minnesota fans give Wisconsin the bigger rivalry nod over UND.
              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Fine. They'll be dead before the younger set. Screw 'em (sorry Greyeagle and Slappy! ).

I loathe WI. But UND hockey I have a special hatred for.

Comment

And? UW-UMN has completely lost its lustre over the past decade or two. It's a boring, overplayed rivalry that rarely ever delivers anymore. I think Phil Kessel and Danny Irmen's penalty shot are the only two "moments" I can recall since 02-03.

With UND, I can remember countless "moments". The UW "rivalry" is getting old.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

And? UW-UMN has completely lost its lustre over the past decade or two. It's a boring, overplayed rivalry that rarely ever delivers anymore. I think Phil Kessel and Danny Irmen's penalty shot are the only two "moments" I can recall since 02-03.

With UND, I can remember countless "moments". The UW "rivalry" is getting old.
                    Plus, in the BTHC, you're going to have so many games that would have been Hyped before, like Michigan-Minnesota, just be old hat because they play them so often.
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Interesting thought I saw over the weekend: Where would BTHC have their conference tournament? Would they evict the CCHA or WCHA from the Joe or X respectively? Would they go to a subpar Bradley Center in Milwaukee? United Center in Chicago? Nationwide Arena in Columbus? There's a few options out there IMO.
                      Andy Sorensen, College Hockey Weekend Blogger/Host of "College Hockey Weekend Radio"

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                        Plus, in the BTHC, you're going to have so many games that would have been Hyped before, like Michigan-Minnesota, just be old hat because they play them so often.
                        On a scale of 1 to 100 where UND is 100, UW comes in at about 45, UM about 12.5, and the rest of the BTHC is lost in the noise at the bottom.
                        Code:

Comment

Originally posted by College Hockey Weekend View Post
                          Interesting thought I saw over the weekend: Where would BTHC have their conference tournament? Would they evict the CCHA or WCHA from the Joe or X respectively? Would they go to a subpar Bradley Center in Milwaukee? United Center in Chicago? Nationwide Arena in Columbus? There's a few options out there IMO.
                          The general thought is a rotation. MN, WI, MI would probably be the main ones, given the capacity amount and the central-ish locations. As for kicking other conferences out.....follow the dollar. Many think the WCHA would rotate between the X (MN) and REA (UND) and maybe more.

Comment

The general thought is a rotation. MN, WI, MI would probably be the main ones, given the capacity amount and the central-ish locations. As for kicking other conferences out.....follow the dollar. Many think the WCHA would rotate between the X (MN) and REA (UND) and maybe more.
                            Pepsi Center (or whatever it's called) out in Denver?
                            Code:

Comment

The actual B1G TEN rumor is starting off with it in Chicago...I don't see that going well.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Pepsi Center (or whatever it's called) out in Denver?
                                I think that would be a long shot, but I also think it's a possibility. That's about the only other one that would be considered, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X