This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Next Year" Begins Now: Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread Part I

Hopefully this means that the team has more time to prepare and look at video for Wisconsin.

Comment

This particular week, it was important for them to catch their breath after playing five games and work on the problems that were exposed. It is worth noting however, that after Christmas it doesn't look like we have any bye weeks.

The Kohl/UW will be a big test for this team, and I hope they can pass it.

Comment

In other news, after 5 games, Northern is WINLESS....0-4-1

Got beat 4-0 last night by Miami, and got absolutely curb stomped tonight 9-1

Comment

Miami is good and Northern is going through their usual early season funk. That funk appears to be extra funky so far this year; as in, Limburger funky.

Comment

Also getting curb stomped... AIC, losing 12-0 against Air Force giving them their first win of the season.

Comment

wisco has a pick play they run at the oppositions right point while they are in the defensive zone. Sometimes it get's them an odd man rush. they used it a lot in the finals last year. I am hoping our guys figure it out, and if we can stay out of the box we should get some descent pp opportunities.
              It will be a stiff test. We will have to play real good defensive hockey, and not get rattled by the physicality.If you are them you are definitely expecting to sweep.
              It will be interesting what the film says from the du series.

Also umd impressive last night.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                Got beat 4-0 last night by Miami, and got absolutely curb stomped tonight 9-1
                Captain Phil F*ing Fox did a little curb stomping of his own...

Will Weber is going to be fine, but too soon?
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  Captain Phil F*ing Fox did a little curb stomping of his own...

Will Weber is going to be fine, but too soon?

Yager made a similiar comment to this on the FB, and yes....too soon

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHatTrick84 View Post
                    Blah, I was so used to hockey. And then there was none. There is football today. I guess Northwood is going to get the full energy I would have expended with a hockey series.
                    So that explains the 62-30 drumming of the Timberwolves this weekend. You're going to Madison this weekend right??

Speaking of which, who is going to be in Houghton this weekend? My budget right now just isn't going to support me going up to Houghton for the GVSU game this year, but I believe Cowboy Eric and a few others will be going up there to take in the game. Its been bit of a tradition to have somebody from the Pep Band to harass Eric, mostly about him putting up the pictures from the games, which he does tend to get lazy about. Whoever wants to do this for me, I'm willing to pay for it, either in Beer or in dinner (for those under 21) at the GLI.

Plus, it does have the advantage of cheesing off Dirty because Eric didn't take his picture when we were all up in Grand Forks in 2004.
                    *****http://i15.***********.com/albums/a387/bigmrg74/TwitchtauntsEric.jpg******
                    Something simple like this is what I'm thinking about, but feel free to be creative within the limits of good tastes with it.
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                      Yager made a similiar comment to this on the FB, and yes....too soon
                      Yager's was much more inappropriately funny, "So I hear you guys have a real cut-throat team this season."

Yeah...he should've waited a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Yager's was much more inappropriately funny, "So I hear you guys have a real cut-throat team this season."

Yeah...he should've waited a bit.
                        Yeah, Yager's creativity with ill-timed comments seems uncanny

Comment

The Third Best Feeling in the World...New Look! Same Great Crappy Content!

Comment

Too soon my ***. Its not funny if you wait until it is socially acceptable! The kid gets my seal of approval though, since he actually wasn't a candyass and sucked it up and skated right off the ice.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              The Third Best Feeling in the World...New Look! Same Great Crappy Content!
                              Holy Gold, Batman.
                              Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                              I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                              Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                                Holy Gold, Batman.
                                Would you rather read the original gold text on a black background?

Scratch that, there's only two or three of you who read it anyway, and that figure is probably generous.

Comment

Working...
                                X