X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Next Year" Begins Now: Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread Part I

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Huskyfan probably doesn't make that sort of brownies anymore.
    The ones with that special ingredient? You know....love?
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I vote that this becomes our 'trophy' from this weekend - a giant "Tim Horton's Cup" of coffee. We should put it in the display case.
      Tim Horton. tough guy. needed a big cup?
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Huskyfan probably doesn't make that sort of brownies anymore.
        Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
        Tim Horton. tough guy. needed a big cup?
        You were saying, Fade?
        Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
        I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
        Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Just back from the Soo (well, back to Marquette anyway).

2-0 for the first time in my time here. It is great to say that. And we don't have to a full week for our next game. Less than 72 hours from now they hit the ice in Houghton against the Win-less Wild-cats!

I am not yet to the point that I am going to go out and predict a win against NMU. They are going to be a hungry team and it will be a rivalry game. Honestly, I think it is good that we get 2 out of the 3 matchups in early against them, because they are also a young team, and they will grow more solid by the time we face again in December. (We are a young team too, so I guess we will also grow more solid by then)

But we have a chance, and that is what feels good. I said on the other thread some of the things that I see going right for this team. Passing is a huge thing that I have noticed improvement with. And that really opens up the ice. The intensity will be there. I guess all of the free student tickets are already taken, so the Misfits will have numbers (and hopefully quality).

But I think it is important to take at least a few hours to enjoy the weekend. It hasn't been often that Tech has taken both games in a weekend, and these things must be celebrated.

Hey Lake State, I have two things to say to you, as a reminder for what we told you at the arena tonight:

"We (Tech) brought you into this world, and we will take you out"

and

"Ring the Bell! Ring the Bell! Ring the Bell!..."
          Philbert
          ---------------
          Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
          GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

Congrats on your teams play this weekend, they deserved the win in the soo.

Good luck the rest of the season.
            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              Whatever meg....first of all, have you seen the rest of our student fanbase? Embarrassment is an understatement. And no one had any idea who I was or that I had any affiliation with tech, as far as anyone was concerned I was a ****ed off sioux fan that couldn't see the ****ing game.
              What. Happened. To. You? Since when are the Misfits supposed to sit on their hands? Is that what you told people around you in the student section in your day?

Comment

Originally posted by WFODucati View Post
                Students from a certain school ignoring the usher's requests to sit down, and therefore blocking the view of some of that school's students/alumni. Not to mention, blocking the view of most of the NMU fans to the right of us. Disrespectful.
                No, actually we did respect it, as we sat down again and I personally went to the fans on the side of us and said we would be standing up again at the 2 minute mark since it is sort of an exciting game, being 3-3 against our rival. That gave them about 8 minutes to move 10 seats over to avoid the issue. Or, you know, they could stand for 2 minutes of play in an exciting game. Crazy thought, I know . It is beyond reasonable for 150 students. I talked to the facilities manager after the game and he was very happy with our group. He said he had no complaints at all and didn't have a problem with what we were doing. The usher that told us to sit down during OT even came up to us after the game and thanked us for being as controlled as we were.

Comment

the Misfits were great at both games. I love love love that they travel with their own cop! MTU security officer was at the game!
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                    No, actually we did respect it, as we sat down again and I personally went to the fans on the side of us and said we would be standing up again at the 2 minute mark since it is sort of an exciting game, being 3-3 against our rival. That gave them about 8 minutes to move 10 seats over to avoid the issue. Or, you know, they could stand for 2 minutes of play in an exciting game. Crazy thought, I know . It is beyond reasonable for 150 students. I talked to the facilities manager after the game and he was very happy with our group. He said he had no complaints at all and didn't have a problem with what we were doing. The usher that told us to sit down during OT even came up to us after the game and thanked us for being as controlled as we were.
                    That sounds like the issues we have at our rink.

Congrats on winning the LSS. Here's to hoping it's not the highlight of the season, and you guys have some success...until the tournament if RPI also makes it.

Comment

another good win and things are looking better.

hope they can keep it rolling along on tues.

Then I might have to go out and buy some Dixie Cups....

Comment

I have a question for someone who downloads the Tech streaming video.

I have a new blue ray with wireless, upon which I have been downloading and watching netflicks on my new flat screen. The question is can I stream the Tech games to my blueray and watch them on the flat screen in high def?
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          I have a question for someone who downloads the Tech streaming video.

I have a new blue ray with wireless, upon which I have been downloading and watching netflicks on my new flat screen. The question is can I stream the Tech games to my blueray and watch them on the flat screen in high def?
                          You can't make the quality any better than what is coming from Tech. If you blow it up on a large screen (especially an LCD TV if it is), it will look like absolute crap. You will be able to count the individual pixels, as they will me about a centimeter wide haha.

Comment

*****http://img.***********.com/albums/v291/shutout31pyro/jamieoffense.jpg******

Comment

Oh and has anyone heard about Baker? He was almost ready for contact and now he is back in crutches, wtf?

Comment

Yager...fail...if you would've read back some posts, Flashy went and talked to him, and he has a second degree ankle sprain....all mentioned in previous post...shouldn't delay his recovery too much

Comment

Working...
                                X