Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Western Michigan Hockey 2010-11: Maybe it was all a dream.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Michigan Hockey 2010-11: Maybe it was all a dream.

New decade, new coach, and a sense of renewal. I'm excited to see what new changes Blashill brings to the program. I don't expect a miracle, but after what we've been through, I'd believe expectations are pretty much on the low end. So, time for some optimism people - it's been a while.

Meet the Team Day is on the 25th. linky

Let's Go Broncos!
    Last edited by Bronco; 09-20-2010, 01:03 AM.
    Let's Go Broncos!

Re: Western Michigan Hockey 2010-11: Maybe it was all a dream.

If the new Penn State program does indeed lead to the formation of a Big 10 hockey conference then we have precious little time to become relevant and align ourselves with the haves instead of the have-nots.
    Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

There's way too much fatalistic crap on this board lately. College hockey will survive. WMU hockey will survive. It's entirely possible that this can benefit WMU. Without Michigan and MSU in our conference we've got a legitimate shot to get to the NCAAs once things turn around. Winning solves more issues than not hosting Michigan or Michigan State for a weekend out of the year.
      Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco View Post
        There's way too much fatalistic crap on this board lately. College hockey will survive. WMU hockey will survive. It's entirely possible that this can benefit WMU. Without Michigan and MSU in our conference we've got a legitimate shot to get to the NCAAs once things turn around. Winning solves more issues than not hosting Michigan or Michigan State for a weekend out of the year.
        I'm not being fatalistic, I know WMU will survive. But I am saying that when things do shake out I would rather WMU move on with the haves instead of being stuck moving on with the have-nots.
        Last edited by moe24; 09-23-2010, 07:56 AM.
        Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by moe24 View Post
          I'm being fatalistic, I know WMU will survive. But I am saying that when things do shake out I would rather WMU move on with the haves instead of being stuck moving on with the have-nots.
          Does this change your opinion at all about a downtown rink in K-zoo?
          Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Western has a great hire in Blashill. He's learned under two very, very good coaches in Daniels and Blasi and has shown that he can run his own show in the USHL. He's all business. WMU fans should be excited for the coming seasons.

Comment

No.
              Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

We'd have to sell out regularly with a waiting list before I'd think moving to a 7,000 seat off-campus arena downtown 20 minutes away from the nearest highway is a good idea.

Hell, if they leveled the strip mall next to the closed K-Mart on Stadium and Drake and stuck a new arena there, I'd be more supportive. Still wouldn't want it, because there's no need right now.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Roughly how far away from campus are we talking here, with this new arena?
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

3-4 miles, I think?
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I can't wait. I'm excited. But then, you all know me as the Eternal Optimist, at least until it became obvious that my optimism was misplaced.

I would love to be able to make a trip over there this season, to see how different things might be. Or, at the very least, to have a Kowalski Polish sausage. I haven't been to a WMU game since the Badger Showdown.
                      Originally posted by Jack Layton's last words to Canada
                      My friends, hope is better than anger, love is better than fear, optimism is better than despair. So let us be Hopeful, Loving, and Optimistic, and we'll change the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        Roughly how far away from campus are we talking here, with this new arena?
                        It's all moot in the short term anyway. The tax hikes to fund the arena didn't make this fall's ballot.
                        Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Not only no, but hell no!!!
                          Never argue with an idiot; they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Comment

Exhibition game this Sunday. Anyone else going? I can't wait for some Bronco hockey, and to see what line combos Blashill comes up with and to see what changes in style of play are coming.
                            Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by moe24 View Post
                              Exhibition game this Sunday. Anyone else going? I can't wait for some Bronco hockey, and to see what line combos Blashill comes up with and to see what changes in style of play are coming.
                              I'm planning to go. I hope my tickets show up before then!
                              Never argue with an idiot; they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X