Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Smaller Schools......

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
    When's the last time Michigan, or Ohio State, or any other Big Ten school visits one of the 1-AA football teams they beat up on? Big 10 schools have a lot of power here, and a lot of money.

Now, I could see the Big 10 schools offering money for smaller schools to visit them, and that might help keep them afloat. But the small schools would need to schedule a number of these big draw schools to make a dent in their budget.
    Football to football as Hockey to hockey. Ohio St isnt beating up on any non conference foe so I would think (For Example) that Miami of Ohio would want Penn State in their barn for the extra revenue with the BTHC issue at the hip.

Comment

Originally posted by cycledown View Post
      HOLD ON!!! NOw the Chief has an idea.
      Wow, your stupidity amazes me.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Wow, your stupidity amazes me.
        You and crazy Eddie........What you didnt like my nonconference post about Miami of Ohio?

Comment

Football to football as Hockey to hockey. Ohio St isnt beating up on any non conference foe so I would think (For Example) that Miami of Ohio would want Penn State in their barn for the extra revenue with the BTHC issue at the hip.
          That whole concept of IN-State rivalry just escapes you eh?

The big 10 is & always will be arrognat as hell and only do what it wants, putting themselves first, the hell with everyone else...they'd be perfectly happy if in the end there were only 12 DI hockey programs and they were all big ten...don't be fooled the the BS in the PSU press cnf about thinking about the good of college hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
            That whole concept of IN-State rivalry just escapes you eh?

The big 10 is & always will be arrognat as hell and only do what it wants, putting themselves first, the hell with everyone else...they'd be perfectly happy if in the end there were only 12 DI hockey programs and they were all big ten...don't be fooled the the BS in the PSU press cnf about thinking about the good of college hockey...

First of all "THERE IS NO CURRENT BTHC"!!!!!! Penn State has NOT made any comment about the BTHC, they have merely stated that they are going D1! THATS IT!!!!!

All of this BTHC talk is speculative conversation, Im sure the BT will look at all the angles for a formal conference, as I know there werent any formal announcements from other BT schools going D1 or aligning to form a BTHC.

If you cant handle the dynamic of the coversation dont get involved, Im trying to cover an angle from the smaller school perspective to see how schools hopefully would not fold, try to dicuss the issue at those angles.
            Last edited by cycledown; 09-18-2010, 12:19 PM.

Comment

You and crazy Eddie........What you didnt like my nonconference post about Miami of Ohio?
              Is there any reason you have to specify Miami as Miami of Ohio? I am not sure anyone on this board is going to be stupid enough to be confused about which Miami you are referring to (for the record, Miami University was founded a hell of a lot earlier than the University of Miami).

And I still have not seen any reasons from you why the potential BTHC is going to benefit any small school.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                Is there any reason you have to specify Miami as Miami of Ohio? I am not sure anyone on this board is going to be stupid enough to be confused about which Miami you are referring to (for the record, Miami University was founded a hell of a lot earlier than the University of Miami).

And I still have not seen any reasons from you why the potential BTHC is going to benefit any small school.
                Yeah go back and read the post again and the one before it.
                While you are at go back and read the thread starter again.

Comment

Yeah go back and read the post again and the one before it.
                  While you are at go back and read the thread starter again.
                  Ok, I read them. Still have not seen any benefit for smaller schools.

Comment

Good, that leaves you out of the coversation because you cant understand the angle.

Comment

You get those feelings because of how YOU think...another words your mentality. I have quite of few neg. reps and Im sure they are not based on a ZOD definiton....
                      *****http://www.treygarrison.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/captain_obvious.jpg******
                      Originally posted by Hokydad
                      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Good, that leaves you out of the coversation because you cant understand the angle.
                        I can read dumbass. IF the BTHC was to exist, you are asking us to list potential benefits for smaller schools. There are none. 0. I suppose you could argue that the athletic departments at FSU, LSSU, WMU, and some other small schools will save $ for their schools because men's hockey was likely not making a profit anyway. Is that what you want to hear?

Realigning will not do jack ****. It is similar to having to take the fat chick to prom instead of the hot chick because she ditched you for a different guy when Ferris State has to realign into a conference with a Bemidji State type program instead of stay in a conference with Michigan (No offense to BSU fans on that. I happen to like your program, but you know what I mean.)

Comment

Calling it a 'benefit' is strong, but college hockey in general would benefit from more non-conference games.

Reducing conference schedules from 28 games to more like 20, 22, or 24 max is a good thing. It would make large conferences difficult to pull off, would mean more OOC games (thus making old ideas to absorb growth, such as CHA, more feasible), and would increase the effectiveness of the PWR by reducing some of the schedule insularity.

The situation we have currently with 4 established conferences that are not only full, but overflowing, playing most of their games against themselves, is not conducive to growth and probably actually hampers the ability for college hockey to sustain itself.

In short, this is unsustainable. Things must change.

If a BTHC or some form of BT competition is inevitable, then maybe that can be the vehicle to help reform the structure of college hockey to something more sustainable.
                          "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Is it just my imagination or have there been a lot of idiot posters posting a lot more idiocy lately? Forget the BTHC. We need a conference of posters the likes of hokydad, cycledown, unichhockeyrulz and others of their ilk.

Comment

JCarter What cant you reply about the smaller schools and stay with the thread, my bad you are scared of the BTHC which doesnt exist and you have pack mentality because HOOSIER cant rant for himself.

Comment

I can read dumbass. IF the BTHC was to exist, you are asking us to list potential benefits for smaller schools. There are none. 0. I suppose you could argue that the athletic departments at FSU, LSSU, WMU, and some other small schools will save $ for their schools because men's hockey was likely not making a profit anyway. Is that what you want to hear?

Realigning will not do jack ****. It is similar to having to take the fat chick to prom instead of the hot chick because she ditched you for a different guy when Ferris State has to realign into a conference with a Bemidji State type program instead of stay in a conference with Michigan (No offense to BSU fans on that. I happen to like your program, but you know what I mean.)
                                Nice comparison......Fat chicks cant compare to the BTHC. If college hockey is to progress they are going to have to take out the hot chick which is the BTHC........Back at ya dumb ***.

Comment

Working...
                                X