New WCHA logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New WCHA logo

Not really sure what to think of this. It's not really a new design per-say...

http://www.wcha.com/men/presarch/201009/sep15logo.php
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass
    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Re: New WCHA logo

Well, Adrenalin, Inc. just became a couple million dollars richer and it only cost them some silver ink and an eraser.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

"Our slogan for the new season – 'Just Got Tougher' – is a reflection on how we feel about the addition of new league members Bemidji State University and University of Nebraska Omaha. Those two programs not only make us (WCHA) bigger and better but they also make us even more competitive. If you thought we were good at 10, just try 12."
      LOL...yeah right!
      A Badger living in Buckeye country.
      Originally posted by MadCityRich
      He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
      Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
      Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
      "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

"Our slogan for the new season – 'Just Got Tougher' – is a reflection on how we feel about the addition of new league members Bemidji State University and University of Nebraska Omaha. Those two programs not only make us (WCHA) bigger and better but they also make us even more competitive. If you thought we were good at 10, just try 12."
        If you have to explain a slogan, you should probably find another one.
        "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

What's up with the enlarged W? They may need to go to a doctor and get that looked at...
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

This is just...haha.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottM View Post
              If you have to explain a slogan, you should probably find another one.
              It's like having to explain an inside joke.

Bonus irony points given the BTHC cloud that will be hanging over everyone's head after Friday.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Obviously they are delusional.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Not a big deal either way. 'Course understanding logos isn't exactly my long suit. I'm probably the last person in the country to see the "11" in the Big Ten logo.
                  2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    It's like having to explain an inside joke.

Bonus irony points given the BTHC cloud that will be hanging over everyone's head after Friday.
                    Idk about anyone else but I figured it out even before reading the why. Maybe they don't give us fans media, players, etc... enough credit that we'll figure out obvious.

I'm Happy its not a huge change, my only question did the jersey companies the teams use get the logo awhile ago or is there going to be a rush on new logo patches.

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                    Not a big deal either way. 'Course understanding logos isn't exactly my long suit. I'm probably the last person in the country to see the "11" in the Big Ten logo.
                    I'm curious how they're gonna hide a 12 in there

Comment

Originally posted by sbkbghockey View Post
                      That's what she said...
                      Originally posted by vizoroo
                      Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                      Originally posted by duper
                      I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                      Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                      Originally posted by dggoddard
                      Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Given the BTHC/Penn State threads, I immediately thought that this was a joke, and the link was going to show Bucky and Goldy doing the Heisman pose with the old WCHA logo in the background
                        Originally posted by Wreckincrew: "I nominate Clifton for a position on the NCAA Frozen Four host selection plan"

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton View Post
                          Given the BTHC/Penn State threads, I immediately thought that this was a joke, and the link was going to show Bucky and Goldy doing the Heisman pose with the old WCHA logo in the background
                          On that note: it's only a matter of time before someone puts together a drawing of Bucky and Goldy sodomizing Boone and a tribesman.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by sbkbghockey View Post
                            I got a feeling they'll just be blatant and steal ESPN's idea for the deuce.

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                              Not really sure what to think of this. It's not really a new design per-say...

http://www.wcha.com/men/presarch/201009/sep15logo.php
                              Just got tougher....to hold together
                              Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                              1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                              2006-2007: 15-24-2
                              2007-2008: 20-20-4
                              2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X