Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

If there is a way for folks to watch the replays of those games on the 'net, that would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
      If there is a way for folks to watch the replays of those games on the 'net, that would be great!
      I could go into a long list of reasons why I think this will never happen, but suffice to say that the cost is greater than the benefit. Basically it's an unnecessary expense and even if UAH were willing to cough up the video and the rights (highly unlikely) it'd take a dedicated supporter to archive them, provide hosting, and streaming capacity. While bandwidth continues to get cheaper, and there are ways to mitigate the financial costs, it's still a labor cost that isn't practical given the likely usage.

Comment

Originally posted by jyoung View Post
        I could go into a long list of reasons why I think this will never happen, but suffice to say that the cost is greater than the benefit. Basically it's an unnecessary expense and even if UAH were willing to cough up the video and the rights (highly unlikely) it'd take a dedicated supporter to archive them, provide hosting, and streaming capacity. While bandwidth continues to get cheaper, and there are ways to mitigate the financial costs, it's still a labor cost that isn't practical given the likely usage.
        Actually, if I could get my hands on the video, I think I have an idea of how I could do it. Yes, there would be costs associated, but I'm sure that we could work that out.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

The main problem is going to be what is contractually prohibited by B2/America One. I'm quite sure that they have non-compete clauses.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

I don't know a thing about YouTube (other than the fact I can get lost for hours on there if not careful ), but there is one full BSU/Niagara game (at an hour and a half long) there:

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pw4RQut29QA?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pw4RQut29QA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">

You could always ask about doing that...
            Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
            B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
            CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
            ECAC:
            HEA: UMass
            NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
            Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Sebastian Geoffrion - UAH v. FSU, 10/7/2010 from Geoffrey Morris on Vimeo.

GFM <-- has the rest of the goals for the weekend, save Mac Roy's PPG, and is waiting for that to get the rest of them up there.
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Just digging out some "wierd" stats from this past weekend's games that you might find interesting...

Here are some stats on Goals, Assists, and Points awarded in the FSU / UAH series:
                Scoring, Assists, and Points by Class:
                ---- G - A - Pts
                Sr > 0 - 3 - 3
                Jr=> 0 - 2 - 2
                So > 2 - 4 - 6
                Fr=> 3 - 0 - 3

From these stats it's nice to see that all classes are contributing to the scoring; the four Sophomores were very active; and it's especially nice to see the Freshmen contributing early.

Goals Scored by Line: In the order the goals were scored (based on published line chart)
                Goal 1 = 2nd Offensive Line => 22-Geoffrion 26-Cseter 21-Desmet
                Goal 2 = 2nd Defensive Pairing => 14-Gatt 23-deBruyn
                Goal 3 = 3rd Offensive Line => 12-Roy 27-Bruni 18-Way
                Goal 4 = 2nd Defensive Pairing => 14-Gatt 23-deBruyn
                Goal 5 = 3rd Offensive Line => 12-Roy 27-Bruni 18-Way

From this it appears to me that our third line in Friday's game had the advantage over Ferris State's third line and our second defensive pairing has a decidedly offensive mindset...

Four different players scored goals...
                Seven different players had assists...
                Eleven different players earned points in the two games.
                Of note are Sophomore Justin Cseter with 3 assists (half of the Sophomore points) and Freshman Mac Roy with 2 goals (two-thirds of the Freshmen points).
                Doug
                UAH 1974
                Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

So we got some local coverage today...that's a switch.

http://www.waaytv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13312002

Can you spot the error? Yes, I've already e-mailed the station to correct it.

Comment

Can you spot the error?
                    4-1 was Thursday's score, not Friday's. ROOKIES.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Oh goodie... a new format to learn and get used to...

It's got a too soft and squishy look to me... not MANLY!!!

This is HOCKEY... not the knitting circle.

I know, can't please everyone. To me, this format is not as clear and well defined as the previous one. I don't think this one is an improvement as the others have been. JMHO
                      Doug
                      UAH 1974
                      Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                      Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                      Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                      Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                      Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                        Oh goodie... a new format to learn and get used to...

It's got a too soft and squishy look to me... not MANLY!!!

This is HOCKEY... not the knitting circle.

I know, can't please everyone. To me, this format is not as clear and well defined as the previous one. I don't think this one is an improvement as the others have been. JMHO
                        You old people always hate change.
                        UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                        2006 Time Person of the Year
                        Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                        It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
                          You old people always hate change.
                          I must be getting old then. I have been surfing these posts during my midmorning break and I have a headache. I can tell it is the new format because my eyes hurt here. On other sites (work, news, etc) that I looked at just now, the hurt stops. Making some adjustments on fonts and I think I will get used to it.

Comment

It's likely a modification off of the new vB default theme. Having run a Web forum since 2002, I can tell you that making your own theme is a pain in the rear.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by COHockey View Post
                              I must be getting old then. I have been surfing these posts during my midmorning break and I have a headache. I can tell it is the new format because my eyes hurt here. On other sites (work, news, etc) that I looked at just now, the hurt stops. Making some adjustments on fonts and I think I will get used to it.
                              That makes two of us, I can't say I like this new format either. I realize Geof is right about making custom formats is a pain in the tail, but this one just doesn't feel right. Maybe they'll tweak it a little and give it back a few of the harder lines. Though I can't say I like the type box either, and it's missing the smiley options. Bummer. (Hover explanations for the tools would be good for the noobs, or the forgetful.)

EDIT: Ok, definitely do not like. It's not meshing with my browser as well now.

Comment

It's missing the smiley options.
                                Hit 'Go Advanced'

I just told my browser to adjust +.5 font size on everything that is in *board.uscho.com* and things are MUCH better. Lines are more definate.

Now this is firefox, when I get home I will have to figure out the settings there on that 'puter.

Comment

Working...
                                X