Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Declaring Our Independence: UAH 2010-11, Part the First

Sorry guys, there wasn't enough time between periods to get anything posted as the best photo shoot spots had to be reserved and you had to get there 5 min before the period began... Here's a shot of the opening faceoff...

*****http://www.knology.net/~dougeagan/Opening%20Faceoff.jpg******

We gave up two goals in the first period, got one of them back in the second, a decent period, then the wheels came off in the third... Final score UAH 2 - OSU 6

Hoping the Chargers I know show up tomorrow night!
    Doug
    UAH 1974
    Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
    Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
    Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
    Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
    Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Congratulations to the Buckeyes on getting their first win in program history against the "lowly" Chargers.
      UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
      2006 Time Person of the Year
      Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
      It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

When the faceoff photo is the best one to be shared, you know it was a stinkbomb. Apparently Lou didn't let the players meet with their families post-game.

The best thing about stinkbombs is that they clear up after a few hours. Today is a new day, and the boys should play with better effort.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
          Congratulations to the Buckeyes on getting their first win in program history against the "lowly" Chargers.
          I thought it was just in Columbus. Huh.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
            I thought it was just in Columbus. Huh.

GFM
            That is also fitting, as OSU has never played the varsity team in Huntsville.
            UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
            2006 Time Person of the Year
            Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
            It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
              That is also fitting, as OSU has never played the varsity team in Huntsville.
              At least we have that "undefeated against the Buckeyes in Huntsville" thing still going for us. Let's see how that fares next season.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Anyone home? ...or still in shock!
                Doug
                UAH 1974

Comment

I'm home. Just quiet these days.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Hey Charger Fans -
                    Providence College is coming to town for two games this weekend and as usual for home games the Blue Line Club's Coach's Luncheon will be this Friday at Noon in Spragins Hall. The Providence Head Coach, Tim Army, will be the guest speaker so have your hockey questions ready. Head Coach Luongo is the host and will be telling us about the upcoming weekend's games. If you're in town this weekend, come on down!

This is also Parent's Weekend so there will be a lot of parents in town and I'm sure quite a few will be joining us at the Coach's Luncheon. If you are coming I suggest you RSVP by Noon Thursday (call the Athletic Department at (256) 824-6144) so they will know how much food to order. Also, I'd arrive at least 5 min early. You can pay at the door if you don't RSVP but if too many come without RSVP'ing you may not get fed. It's also a great time to join the Blue Line Club if you're not already a member.

See you there...
                    Doug
                    UAH 1974

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                      Hey Charger Fans -
                      Providence College is coming to town for two games this weekend and as usual for home games the Blue Line Club's Coach's Luncheon will be this Friday at Noon in Spragins Hall. The Providence Head Coach, Tim Army, will be the guest speaker so have your hockey questions ready. Head Coach Luongo is the host and will be telling us about the upcoming weekend's games. If you're in town this weekend, come on down!

This is also Parent's Weekend so there will be a lot of parents in town and I'm sure quite a few will be joining us at the Coach's Luncheon. If you are coming I suggest you RSVP by Noon Thursday (call the Athletic Department at (256) 824-6144) so they will know how much food to order. Also, I'd arrive at least 5 min early. You can pay at the door if you don't RSVP but if too many come without RSVP'ing you may not get fed. It's also a great time to join the Blue Line Club if you're not already a member.

See you there...
                      I'm home sick for the week and so I'm probably not going to attend either the luncheon or the games. This annoys me a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                        ... If you are coming I suggest you RSVP by Noon Thursday (call the Athletic Department at (256) 824-6144) so they will know how much food to order. ...
                        Call?! What's the official e-mail p.o.c. for such matters now that Shelia is gone? Coach's e'mail on the subject said to RSVP, but it didn't specify whether or not to use one of the two addresses used for the e-mail.
                        Last edited by tnlong; 11-10-2010, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
                          Call?! What's the official e-mail p.o.c. for such matters now that Shelia is gone? Coach's e'mail on the subject said to RSVP, but it didn't specify whether or not to use one of the two addresses used for the e-mail.
                          brian DOT massey AT uah DOT edu.
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Heisenberg recruiting site says UAH has its first recruit for next year - Tyler Kotlarz - F -Carleton Place CJHL.

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
                              I simply replied to the email I received... The phone number was for those who didn't receive an email because they aren't Blue Line Club members yet...
                              Doug
                              UAH 1974

Comment

Hi,
                                So what can we fans of the Skating Goons expect from this weekend's tilt with UAH? Because if it's going to be anywhere near as awful as PC's trip to Duluth, feel free to lie.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                                -Blackadder
                                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                                -Casablanca
                                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X