Northeastern Huskies 2010-2011 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2010-2011 Season Thread

Outstanding game by NU last night. That's what college hockey is all about. Tremendous effort by both teams.

Comment

One of the most entertaining games I've seen in a long time, but you can't expect to win a barn burner with BC. They could have scored 10 goals on us the way they controlled the puck at times. We got a great offensive effort from our kids but you just can't go punch for punch with a team like that. Defensively I thought we looked nervous and timid most of the game. I know we have two more games with them coming up this weekend but this one is devastating.

At some point, putting up a good fight just doesn't cut it anymore. We're well past that point. That being said, I'm optimistic we can do some damage the rest of the season into the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
        I do agree with you that tonights game is on Rawlings, BC is better than NU hands down. They had it there for them tonight. If you told me they were going to score 6 goals I would have said Yes, finally #5 is here. I was also thinking the same thing, he has no big wins. Just more disappointment. I do feel bad for McCloud and McNeely, good carrers, good players. They wante dit tonight.
        The first one was. After that, he did not get to much help from his defense with forwards going right around our dmen, dmen missing pucks, and lets not forget some of the saves in the third peirod, espeically the one with under 2 minutes right before MacLeod's goal to tie it up.

We gave BC a better game tonight then they got in the National Championship game last year. A bounce here or there, and we take that game. But unlike the home game against UNH earlier in the year, I do not put this one on Rawlings. I put in on a BC squad which has multiple NHL guys that unless they get into a bus accident, will win the National Championship for the third time in four years. That team is as stacked as we have seen in Hockey East in a long time.
        DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Kreider goal was legit. Puck was in the crease first and he just followed the rebound hard. It's not like he took Rawlings out. I think the dman had more of a negative impact on Rawlings.
          I wasn't sure on that one. At first I thought it was but watching the replay I thought he dragged Rawlings out of position... I see where you're coming from.
          Originally posted by Bakunin
          Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Tough break for NU last night. Was really impressed with the effort and compete level brought by the Huskies. And they seemed to have prepared like this game for crazy, they were picking BC apart. I feel for the NU players and fans. BTW, the Dog Pound was fantastic last night. The place was rocking.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Tough break for NU last night. Was really impressed with the effort and compete level brought by the Huskies. And they seemed to have prepared like this game for crazy, they were picking BC apart. I feel for the NU players and fans. BTW, the Dog Pound was fantastic last night. The place was rocking.
              OK, the game is over. You can stop referring to us as the dog pound. For the love of god, it's DOGHOUSE. The pound puppies go to bu.
              Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

That was the best game of NU hockey I have seen all year. Rawlings was not the problem past the first goal. I do not want to focus on the defense however because that offense is what I have been waiting for all year! Look back on the game and 5 out of the 6 NU goals would not have been stopped by any goalie in the nation let alone the best in Hockey East and that is a fact. First two power play goals were absolute snipes, dong's shorty was a 1 in a 100 shot under the crossbar, 4th goal is escaping me at the moment but I remember watching saying no one could stop it, 5th goal was an ugly rebound by Muse and his fault, and the 6th was an amazing one timer that again couldn't be stopped.

I don't see why all this negativity is here. Yes, we want a beanpot. Yes, no more moral victories. Yes, we got beat by a better overall team. This has to be a building point though for not only the program but the rest of this season. News flash we have 6 games left in the regular season and (most likely) a playoff series in agganis or lawler. That team out there tonight beats any other team in the Hockey East, hell the nation if we get 10% more disciplined play, 10% better effort from Rawlings and the defense. This team cannot allow this loss to drag down the rest of their season. I saw enormous promise in this team last night and I am maybe alone but I am extremely excited to see what they have in them for BC this weekend, UNH next weekend and the rest of the stretch. 23 years and counting....though it seems like that it's only a matter of time.
                Northeastern Huskies Class of 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
                  I'm still upset at two goals that bc scored. One, where McLaughlin was crosschecked out of the play and bc immediately scored off it. The announcers called that a good defensive play, but even they were wondering why there was no penalty called. The other one (either Arnold or Krieder in the third) where, to me, it looked like the shot was taken as he was crossing the crease while dragging Rawlings out of position. Unless I'm wrong, but isn't that goaltender interference? That's the end of my b!+ch!ng and moaning about it. Time to move on to our games against.... CHCC.
                  The officiating seemed sloppy all game. I remember BC scored a goal shortly after something that I thought should have been a penalty on NU (I think the cross-check on McLaughlin you mentioned), but on the other hand, I didn't see anything that looked anywhere close to an even-up penalty on BC's first PP, and I think it's highly unlikely we would have made it out of two minutes of five-on-three without giving up a goal.
                  Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                  Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Just stopping by to tell you guys how much I admired NU's effort last night. The Huskies completely outhustled BC all night and almost pulled off an incredible upset. Good things are ahead for your program and Cronin has an edge that guarantees NU won't back down from anyone. Props to you guys for a helluva game. I, for one, hope NU wins a Beanpot soon. As long as it isn't at my team's expense, I'll be rooting for you. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                      Just stopping by to tell you guys how much I admired NU's effort last night. The Huskies completely outhustled BC all night and almost pulled off an incredible upset. Good things are ahead for your program and Cronin has an edge that guarantees NU won't back down from anyone. Props to you guys for a helluva game. I, for one, hope NU wins a Beanpot soon. As long as it isn't at my team's expense, I'll be rooting for you. Good luck.
                      i couldn't have said it any better than this and i echo slasher's post. great job Huskies

Comment

Just watched the 3rd & OT again.. (friend Tivo'd it).. what a battle!

the forwards got caught deep & didn't anticipate quick enough, that BC was coming strong with all 5 on the last rush...

Our young team will learn from this. They represented NU well.

I will be there in the stands most gms, to support them the rest of the season.

Gm will be replayed today at 3:30pm EST (NESN).. for any coll hockey fan to enjoy.

G'luck this wknd.. Go NU!
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Let's see if we can split the weekend series. Friday will probably be a blowout but Saturday at Matthews we could pull the upset.
                          Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                          Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

It'll be fascinating to see how NU comes out this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                              It'll be fascinating to see how NU comes out this weekend.
                              That's what I am wondering as well...

Comment

I expect a bad loss Friday at BC and a close affair at Matthews which will be sold out.
                                Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                                Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X