Hockey East 2010-2011: The Quickening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hockey East 2010-2011: The Quickening

All I know is that a BC annual report for the athletic department featured Smith and said he was a freshman walk-on. That's 100% true regardless of what the Jr. Bruins website says.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      All I know is that a BC annual report for the athletic department featured Smith and said he was a freshman walk-on. That's 100% true regardless of what the Jr. Bruins website says.
      I'd imagine it's possible to be both. A player can play in a league like the EJHL during high school and then come to college were he's added as depth. We pulled up some kid who attended Northeastern when we had no depth last year, and he had played in the EJHL the year before.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
        I believe Smith had an academic scholarship and walked on to the hockey team (albeit recruited by BC) without a guarantee of playing.
        Smith received a hockey scholarship for his junior and senior seasons.
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Ben Smith was one of the top 88's in the country and was heavily recruited. He ws a scholarship athlete, maybe 2/4 or 3/4, more than Bonino for example got but please, he was in a total other class than Alber was as a recruit. A great pick up and a life saver but to put him and Ben Smith in the same catagory as recruits is laughable.

Smith centered their top line as a sophmore when they won the natl championship.

Please

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
            Smith received a hockey scholarship for his junior and senior seasons.
            AKA as a 2/4, which is very common at the BU's and BC's of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              AKA as a 2/4, which is very common at the BU's and BC's of the world.
              So he walked on and eventually received a scholarship as an upperclassman.

Hokydad = wrong again

Comment

Hokydad = wrong again

No he didnt.

He was a recruited scholarship athlete. He went in on a 2/4 scholarship.

Period

Did Nick Bonino walk on at BU?

FYI, his parents drove him there the first day, was way to far to walk

You are wrong

Comment

No he didnt.

He was a recruited scholarship athlete. He went in on a 2/4 scholarship.

Period

Did Nick Bonino walk on at BU?

FYI, his parents drove him there the first day, was way to far to walk

You are wrong
                  He was a recruited walk-on. He paid for his first two years with the hope he'd get a scholarship. If he flopped, he wasn't getting the last two paid for. He rolled the dice and won. I thought his scholarship was academic and not athletic, but I'll trust Profromdover who, unlike you, tends not to speak out of his netheregions.

Too bad he didn't go to that academically superior Providence College...

Comment

He was a recruited walk-on. He paid for his first two years with the hope he'd get a scholarship. If he flopped, he wasn't getting the last two paid for. He rolled the dice and won. I thought his scholarship was academic and not athletic, but I'll trust Profromdover who, unlike you, tends not to speak out of his netheregions.

Too bad he didn't go to that academically superior Providence College...
                    He didnt say that moron

He said he received money his last 2 years, exactly like most if not all 2/4's work.

You get the money your jr/sr year, thus the incentive to stay.

Just like you thought it was an academic scholarship, where you were wrong(not the least bit shocking) you are wrong again, kind of like breathing for you

Comment

Hokydad = wrong again
                      Exactly.
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

He didnt say that moron

He said he received money his last 2 years, exactly like most if not all 2/4's work.

You get the money your jr/sr year, thus the incentive to stay.

Just like you thought it was an academic scholarship, where you were wrong(not the least bit shocking) you are wrong again, kind of like breathing for you
                        Hokey, just admit you were wrong and step away from the clown mask and duct tape.

Smith was guaranteed nothing when he came to BC. He was a recruited walk-on who was given a scholarship his junior year.

Incentive to stay? Where the hell was he going???

If he didn't perform in his first two years, he wasn't getting that money. He wanted to come to BC and was willing to take a chance which paid off.

Now us all a favor and go into your profile, and delete your username. I'm sure someone as smart as you can better spend their days studying at the second-ranked (regional) Providence College than spending 24/7 following around the Marshfield Pee Wee B team.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          Exactly.
                          so their top line center on their natl championship team was not ona scholarship and had zero options before that?

Wrong again

I am sure teh Junior Bruins, who are very closet o BC put up a bs post and just left it there.

Wrong again dude...

He really had zero options...
                          "recruiting process that involved nearly a dozen schools"

He had a 2/4, period.

Comment

so their top line center on their natl championship team was not ona scholarship and had zero options before that?
                            You mean kind of like that Gilroy fella at BU? Seems to me he walked on to that team, too and eventually got himself a scholie...

Comment

Just think Hoky, if you had spent $20 less on that Warsofsky jersey, you could have donated it to the Flynn Fund and had a BC Athletics Annual Report sent to your van and read all about Ben Smith being a walk-on for yourself rather than looking like a complete donkey.

Comment

"From the little that I heard about Smith in regards to UNH, they had only a slim shot at his services anyways - he has always been linked to the Ivys and BC (he wears his collar up I am told). It may have been a futile attempt for UNH to try and land him to begin with."

"Watcher, other than Yandle, I would argue that Smith and Price are more highly regarded than any UNH recruit for 2005 or 2006"

To say Smith was a walk on and had no other options is laughable

Comment

Working...
                                X