Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The University of Vermont Official 2010-2011 Season Thread : Part 1

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    Should have been a 4 point weekend!?!? You're squad hasn't won A game yet, and you're expecting to sweep? What have you seen from this slow, clunky Catamount team that leads you to believe they're better than anyone in Hockey East right now?
    Neither team will make the post season so your argument is superfluous. If I had to bank on one team making a run, it's vermont, because they have a much better coaching staff and better talent. Yes, better talent. Lowell gets brutally outshot every game, and took advantage of a vermont team that hasn't learned to close games out this year. Lowell appears to have a good goaltender (at least statistically this year) and nothing else. Get out of this thread by the way. You're annoying everyone once again.

Comment

Originally posted by midge843 View Post
      Neither team will make the post season so your argument is superfluous. If I had to bank on one team making a run, it's vermont, because they have a much better coaching staff and better talent. Yes, better talent. Lowell gets brutally outshot every game, and took advantage of a vermont team that hasn't learned to close games out this year. Lowell appears to have a good goaltender (at least statistically this year) and nothing else. Get out of this thread by the way. You're annoying everyone once again.
      I whole heartedly invite you to deal with it.

Newsflash champ, Vermont should be doing better than Lowell this season. Lowell started 9 freshmen against Vermont. They started 11 against UNH. Should I consider the season to be over because they're getting outshot? Nope. Should Vermont fans be worried that a bunch of freshmen and sophomores out hustled and out worked a patheticly slow Catamount team? You tell me. Fact is, Lowell fans went into this season with zero expectations. Vermont fans were talking about "a third straight bid" all off season. Good luck with that.
      Lowell Forever
      Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by midge843 View Post
        If I had to bank on one team making a run, it's vermont, because they have a much better coaching staff and better talent. Yes, better talent.
        at this point, winning one game would be "a run"

Comment

Like the run UML had this week?

1-2 While getting outshot 103-58

Get outplayed for 8 periods and only one good period versus Vermont things are looking up in Lowell
          New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Should have been a 4 point weekend!?!? You're squad hasn't won A game yet, and you're expecting to sweep? What have you seen from this slow, clunky Catamount team that leads you to believe they're better than anyone in Hockey East right now?
            Valid question and time will tell. As a fan, any one of us is optimistic that the potential we see will equate to wins eventually but no one knows what this uvm team is right now. They don't really have an identity, with solid goaltending and the experience on D you would hope they would be a team to hold teams to limited goals and opportunities and then be a hard working, bring your lunchpail kind of group on offense. We haven't seen that yet but we'll let the long season play out and see what this year's team is all about.

I would expect the effort this coming weekend against a measuring stick team. Bc is intimidating to say the least on paper but hopefully this young group of forwards will have a nothing to loose mentality and go hard on the forecheck and play physical.

Comment

Newsflash champ, Vermont should be doing better than Lowell this season. Lowell started 9 freshmen against Vermont. They started 11 against UNH. Should I consider the season to be over because they're getting outshot? Nope. Should Vermont fans be worried that a bunch of freshmen and sophomores out hustled and out worked a patheticly slow Catamount team? You tell me. Fact is, Lowell fans went into this season with zero expectations. Vermont fans were talking about "a third straight bid" all off season. Good luck with that.

Well at least you finally have it right as a Lowell Fan. Zero expectations. That's the way you it should be every year for your team. Maybe if (and that's a BIG if) you actually make an NCAA tournament appearance in the near future (next 20 years?) you'll have something to cheer about. Until then, enjoy the basement of hockey east. Even when your team had huge expectations last year and the year before, how did you? Answer that one, "champ"

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
                at this point, winning one game would be "a run"

Do you two really want to start another flamefest. Frankly, I don't care to engage in it, especially not with Lowell.

UMLGoon, you post more on the VT thread then the UML thread? Did your brethren tell you to **** off or do you live for flaming? Get a grip.

Patronick, not sure what your infatuation is, but hey whatever floats your boat. If you want to sit around your parents basement whacking off everytime UVM loses then that's your business. I suggest you go find Hokydad and then you can take turns. Either way, we appreciate your continued insightfull analysis and pray that something of importance (like getting a job) in your life doesn't stop you from providing it.
                Originally posted by Hokydad
                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

• Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                  1-2
                  mathematically, 1-2 is infinitely better than 0-2. a fun fact.

Comment

A fun and as usual with you an untrue fact.

Vermont tied Sat. and we only played twice, so you only got 1 more point but took an extra game to get it.

Now for some real facts.

Lowell is 2-6-0 in league, thats 4 points in 8 games
                    Vermont is 0-2-2 in league, thats 2 points in 4 games

Both teams average 1/2 point per game.....not sure why you guys think you are way ahead as Vermont only trails you by 2 points with 4 games in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
                      mathematically, 1-2 is infinitely better than 0-2. a untrue and poorly researched fact.
                      Fixed your post

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                        A fun and as usual with you an untrue fact.

Vermont tied Sat. and we only played twice, so you only got 1 more point but took an extra game to get it.

Now for some real facts.

Lowell is 2-6-0 in league, thats 4 points in 8 games
                        Vermont is 0-2-2 in league, thats 2 points in 4 games

Both teams average 1/2 point per game.....not sure why you guys think you are way ahead as Vermont only trails you by 2 points with 4 games in hand.
                        Since you guys love facts, here's a couple more for you:

The University of Vermont has not defeated UMass-Lowell in a hockey game in nearly 2 calendar years, a total of 8 games. Fact.
                        The University of Vermont has not won a hockey game this season. Fact.
                        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                          The University of Vermont has not defeated UMass-Lowell in a hockey game in nearly 2 calendar years, a total of 8 games. Fact.
                          The University of Vermont has not won a hockey game this season. Fact.
                          ScottK 2
                          Hippies 0

Not much that can be said about these two facts.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Bad news for UML

Yes they did beat Vermont but they are 1-6 versus everyone else and they dont play VT again until the last two games of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                              And despite all those wins UML's season ended before Vermont in both of those years. I quess someone forgot to tell them all the games count.

Comment

as for the games ahead, the cats put together an all freshman line of Decenzo centering Brickley and Lenz last weekend and it's my understanding they played pretty well. Hopefully they'll stick with it and let them develop. This is a group of forwards that need seasoning and why not let these guys build some chemistry in hopes of being a dominant line in years to come.

Comment

Working...
                                X