Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University: 2010-11 part I - "so...you're saying i get a calendar??"

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
    i blame this dumb sideline reporter in between period. this is the most ridiculous addition of the season so far. this reporter acts like shes never seen a hockey game before and asks the stupidest softball questions that the players clearly dont and shouldnt have to want to answer. an idea for a replacement: kraus' korner, intelligent thoughts from adam kraus.
    Good Lord, she's atrocious. What a terrible advertisement for the BU School of Communications.
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Re: Boston University: 2010-11 part I - "so...you're saying i get a calendar??"

Off topic here, but Ryan Howard how can you look at a 3rd strike in that situation? And I was rooting for the Jints.
      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
        Off topic here, but Ryan Howard how can you look at a 3rd strike in that situation? And I was rooting for the Jints.
        If he swings it's a grounder to the shortstop anyway. Great pitch.
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

John McCarthy just scored his first NHL goal for the Sharks.
          Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

I'll never complain about a win or a 4-0-1 start. But...you all saw it. Still great to get a 4 point weekend!

As an aside David Van der Gulik was in the Colorado lineup last night.
            Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
              John McCarthy just scored his first NHL goal for the Sharks.
              Video link to McCarthy's goal.
              There's some serendipity to McCarthy getting his first NHL goal and Ruikka his first college goal the same night. Neither possesses top-end skills but both get high marks for hard work and patience.
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Simply awesome for McCarthy. I definitely did not think he would be in the NHL before his senior season began. Even after, I thought it was a long shot at best.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Congrats to John McCarthy.

Last night's game really had me wonder how long Parker is going to put up with Trivino's lack of . . . anything out there. It's one thing if the kid just isn't scoring goals. It's another thing when he flat out doesn't skate and gets open only to look completely shocked when someone passes to him. I think Chiasson understands that the way he acted last year was unacceptable and he really needs to put in the effort here. I'm not convinced Trivino gets it.
                  April 11th 2009
                  October 27th 2004
                  October 28th 2007

Sure, the Yankees have won 27 World Series Championships, but how many Beanpots have they won?

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    A four point weekend, but PC outplayed the Terriers tonight. Check out the 3rd period shot totals. Milan played well and made some quality saves, but thank God PC doesn't have many finishers.

Gil very well may be my new favorite Terrier. I LOVE his game.

The solid d-play is a nice surprise. Nice goal by Ruikka. Amazing this kid hasn't played hockey in over two years.

Nice job giving up that late goal to pad the one-goal game stats.

BU Hockey: Quietly 4-0-1.
                    Um, great start for you guys but i'm not sure how "quiet" it is...........

Comment

How did the University and the athletic department miss this opportunity? I've been watching this show this season and it's pretty good. Would have been a fun tie-in. Obviously no BU alums working on that show. Wellesley College? I don't get it.

Comment

Does anyone (perhaps one of you Freep guys) know what day Beanpot tickets go on sale on Ticketmaster? I always seem to miss the announcement and then the tickets sell out within a few minutes, and I end up buying the Harvard/NU leftovers the week before the tournament. Seems like it usually happens in November, so it could be soon.
                        Boston University Hockey National Champions: 1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

"We shouldn't have to beat BC for the nationals. Hell, we can do that any time." - BU legend Jack O'Callahan after winning NCAA championship

30 Beanpot titles and counting

Comment

Originally posted by BU-Grad View Post
                          Does anyone (perhaps one of you Freep guys) know what day Beanpot tickets go on sale on Ticketmaster? I always seem to miss the announcement and then the tickets sell out within a few minutes, and I end up buying the Harvard/NU leftovers the week before the tournament. Seems like it usually happens in November, so it could be soon.
                          Not sure. I stopped paying attention to ticket situations when I moved to the press box.
                          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Kieran should line his teammates up in a line and slap them all upside the head for allowing that to happen. They should carry his equipment, bring him his meals, do his laundry, etc. to make up for allowing that goal to happen. Unbelievable. Which is not to take anything away from the Friars, who were all over BU tonight. What the hell was with that powerplay at the beginning of the third when they just stayed behind the net for what seemed like 30 seconds?

That said, the 4 point weekend was a nice birthday present. As was the Yankees losing, and BC too. I figure if they were to lose a game this season (there won't be many losses for them), it was mighty generous of them to do so this weekend!
                            I'd rather BC waited to lose until NCAA Regionals.
                            Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Wow, who gave us first place votes? (2 in USCHO poll, 1 in USA Today)
                              We're #6/#5 in USCHO/USA Today, moved up from #8 in both polls.

Still, only poles.
                              Boston University 2009 Champs
                              Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Thinking ahead about some of the simple math at the end of the season, that win over ND looks bigger now that ND has beaten BC. If we can pull some wins over BC of our own during the season and beanpot, it'll put some good math in our favor.

Comment

Working...
                                X