Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University: 2010-11 part I - "so...you're saying i get a calendar??"

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
    Am I reading this right - no TV for Icebreaker this weekend? That sucks. I'm interested in watching you guys face Wisconsin but not interested enough to listen to Bernie on 1510 the Zone.

(Does 1510 the Zone still exist?)
    No TV as far as I know.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Re: Boston University: 2010-11 part I - "so...you're saying i get a calendar??"

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
      ...the kid getting D's on every test didn't take a crowbar to the head of the kid getting all A's.
      If you changed D's to F's and crowbar to shod foot you would have put a meatball right over the plate for some Chris Bourque and John Sabo jokes.

(Sorry gotta lighten up a dreary Monday in Boston... this weather sucks).
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Noreaster View Post
        With the way BU purposely tried to run up the score in the 3rd period, I'm surprised no one from Toronto ran a BU player headfirst into the boards.
        Now, now Noreaster. Stick with your bread and butter - working in the players going out before the HE playoffs, etc. into every single one of your posts, even when it has nothing to do with what you're replying to, That's what brought you your fame and fortune here in the BU thread! You aren't really good at this other kind of crass posting. I hate to see you get left behind in the dust. Well, actually I would, but there is a part of me that has your best interests at heart. So, try again. Good luck!

Comment

Are the BU games gonna be on 1510 this year? Or have they gone with another station?

Comment

Will the highlight poscasts be continuing this year?
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Hopes and realities (or "impact freshmen and hens teeth").

Here are the freshmen numbers for some recent BU forwards (apologies if I've missed anyone obvious):

Bonino 11-27-38
              Wilson 12-23-35
              Yip 9-22-31 (ROY)
              McCArthur 13-14-27
              Drury 12-15-27

Plus a few notable HE freshman from the last couple of years

DaCosta 16-29-45
              van Riemsdyk 11-23-34
              Nyquist 13-19-32
              Kreider 15-8-23

But once in a great while . . .

Gionta 30-32-62 (his best year statwise, incidentally)
              Kariya 25-75-100

Comment

Originally posted by goalguard View Post

Here are the freshmen numbers for some recent BU forwards (apologies if I've missed anyone obvious):

Bonino 11-27-38
                I think that was his junior year line. He had 16 goals freshman year, maybe with 13 assists.

I think Coyle is going to put up bigger numbers than Wilson for the first year; it'd be hard to beat the sophomore numbers though. Of course, there was a big difference because Wilson had MacArthur, Ewing and Higgins leading the team. For all we know, Coyle is only going to have Connolly and Warsofsky putting in a lot, so he is going to be in a much better position to score more than Wilson was.

Comment

Lot's of questions today. Few answers.

I got one: No more pizza at Agganis!? Really? Who's going to tell my six year old?

BU Hockey: Nine Goals No Pizza
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

I'll tell him.....

"hey bomber jr! No more crappy pizza! And don't let your dad turn you onto a Blackhawks fan!"

There ya go.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Pizza is @ Comm. Ave. end and it seems to be slightly improved.
                      Coyle looks like he may become a man among boys rather quickly. One can only hope!
                      Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                        Pizza is @ Comm. Ave. end and it seems to be slightly improved.
                        Coyle looks like he may become a man among boys rather quickly. One can only hope!
                        well he was among boys on saturday night, after the first period toronto wasn't any meaningful competition.
                        time to write new history

Comment

Bonino 11-27-38
                          Wilson 12-23-35
                          Yip 9-22-31 (ROY)
                          McCArthur 13-14-27
                          Drury 12-15-27

Plus a few notable HE freshman from the last couple of years

DaCosta 16-29-45
                          van Riemsdyk 11-23-34
                          Nyquist 13-19-32
                          Kreider 15-8-23

But once in a great while . . .

Gionta 30-32-62 (his best year statwise, incidentally)
                          Kariya 25-75-100
                          Connolly 10-20-30
                          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                            I think that was his junior year line. He had 16 goals freshman year, maybe with 13 assists.

I think Coyle is going to put up bigger numbers than Wilson for the first year; it'd be hard to beat the sophomore numbers though. Of course, there was a big difference because Wilson had MacArthur, Ewing and Higgins leading the team. For all we know, Coyle is only going to have Connolly and Warsofsky putting in a lot, so he is going to be in a much better position to score more than Wilson was.
                            Coyle may be in a better position to score goals, than Wilson was. But if other guys don't step up as playmakers, BU's opponents can focus in on Coyle's line, and I don't see him getting as many points. At least Wilson had MacArthur, Yip, Higgins, Ewing, Lawrence and Bonino. Not to mention Gilroy, Shattenkirk, Colby Cohen and Strait on the blueline.

Comment

Drury 12-15-27
                              ...and if memory serves, Drury was on the 4th line!

Comment

• Chris Drury Freshman Season

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                                ...and if memory serves, Drury was on the 4th line!
                                Drury played most of the season on the third line:

first line - 1 game
                                third line - 30 games
                                fourth line - 7 games
                                extra forward - 1 game

He played with 14 different players in 17 different line combinations.

Sean
                                Last edited by Sean Pickett; 10-04-2010, 11:08 PM.
                                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                                NCAA Hockey Financials
                                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Working...
                                X