Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University: 2010-11 part I - "so...you're saying i get a calendar??"

I would like to hear more about this...how do you say?...... Premium Menu Item. Prime rib in sec 103 this year???
    Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

• Re: Boston University: 2010-11 part I - "so...you're saying i get a calendar??"

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
      I would like to hear more about this...how do you say?...... Premium Menu Item. Prime rib in sec 103 this year???
      Maybe some chopped onions to go on the wrinkly cold hot dogs?

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
        Word on the street is 973 commonwealth/T's is closing for good after tomorrow night, they're having one last karaoke night.

Did Parker shut them down after they got his players drunk, cost tem a chance at the Hockey East Tournament title, and kept them out of the NCAAs leading to Parker's heart issues?

Comment

Originally posted by Noreaster View Post
          Did Parker shut them down after they got his players drunk, cost tem a chance at the Hockey East Tournament title, and kept them out of the NCAAs leading to Parker's heart issues?
          Aw, the gang's finally back together! Was worried you gave up Noreaster! Others here seem to have stolen your thunder with their crass, inappropriate posts. Good to know you haven't fallen off the face of the earth and joined back in. Well, actually, it would have been great if you had. But if you're going to play here, then you might as well go all in!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Aw, the gang's finally back together! Was worried you gave up Noreaster! Others here seem to have stolen your thunder with their crass, inappropriate posts. Good to know you haven't fallen off the face of the earth and joined back in. Well, actually, it would have been great if you had. But if you're going to play here, then you might as well go all in!
            as much as i enjoy noreaster's enthusiasm. his skills are too sloppy for my taste. everyone knows BU players drink at the dugout!
            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
              as much as i enjoy noreaster's enthusiasm. his skills are too sloppy for my taste. everyone knows BU players drink at the dugout!
              Yeah, but crass and pathetic posts based on facts have no place here. Present company excluded of course.

Comment

So who's going to Midnight Madness/Midnight Mania/Next Day Mania tonight?

In all seriousness, these suspensions are a bummer. Two of the top players missing out on a early season tournament against a finalist last year. I know we knew about Trivino and that there was another guy, but to have it be Chiasson is going to make awfully tough to get the season off to a positive start. Hopefully it will mean that all the key freshmen forwards get an opportunity to play right off the bat.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  In all seriousness, these suspensions are a bummer. Two of the top players missing out on a early season tournament against a finalist last year. I know we knew about Trivino and that there was another guy, but to have it be Chiasson is going to make awfully tough to get the season off to a positive start. Hopefully it will mean that all the key freshmen forwards get an opportunity to play right off the bat.
                  Too bad it isn't like the pros... and they didn't get their scholarship money for the games missed... now that would be a real punishment!

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    So who's going to Midnight Madness/Midnight Mania/Next Day Mania tonight?

Just curious, is Trivino a top player by default? I know BU has lost a ton over the past two years, so that's why I ask. When I think top players, I think Millan, Connolly, Warsofsky...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Just curious, is Trivino a top player by default? I know BU has lost a ton over the past two years, so that's why I ask. When I think top players, I think Millan, Connolly, Warsofsky...
                      If he sustains what he was doing in the last few games before getting hurt last year, then yes, I'd say he's a top player –– at least on a mid-tier Hockey East team. He was playing elite defense with second-line offensive ability in the second-half last year, which overall is a pretty good hockey player. Just have to see if he's lost anything from all the time off.
                      Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

He can't be a top player until he starts hitting the back of the net. I counted close to a dozen instances last season when he had legit scoring opps and fired high or wide, or both. Stating the obvious, 2nd round draft choices must be more than a reliable defensive player and an effective forechecker, rapping ability notwithstanding.
                        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Probably better to call him a top FORWARD, and yes, it is by default. He was starting to come around (Parker had a lot of confidence in his two way play) when he was injured. Frankly, I'm hopeful that the freshmen 4 (Coyle, Nieto, Cisse, and Gill) will be the talk of this team, but I remember thinking we would see big things from a freshman named...........Trivino. So I'm not going to pencil them in as being near the top yet. But I'm hoping
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

let us take at least one lesson from last season into 2010/11:

DON'T RECYCLE TEAM SLOGANS FOR THE OPENING VIDEO!!!

*****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/e630a4df.jpg******
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

*****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/e630a4df.jpg******
                              ...or take them from Freep headlines:
                              http://www.dailyfreepress.com/desire...r-bu-1.1711730
                              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Last year's slogan was "Say it Twice" the other three are quotes that are written in the lockerroom, not sure for how long, but apparently easily as early as 96-97. Cool find, is that a shirt you own?

Comment

Working...
                                X