Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THE University of Michigan 2010-2011 Season Thread

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    I think for real club seats, it's a 3 digit section- at least according to the stub hub layout.
    That is what some (most) of the literature shows but my tix also very plainly say "Club 4" "Jack Roth Stadium Club" which according to the Stadium Premium Seat layout (see page 22 of http://michiganstadiumproject.com/pa...e_handbook.pdf) indicates they are in the indoor club seats, except for the difference in section numbers. Very confusing. I'll find out in a little more than a month. My son-in-law who is going with me is ready to call the ticket office to find out.

The stadium guide that has the hockey season ticket holders on it shows us to be comically small relative to Michigan Stadium.... But, 6,500 <<< 110,000
    You can't go by that. I have 2 season tix but ordered (and received) five for the chill. I know of others that have two and ordered 20 for the chill. I think you can probably estimate over 20,000 to season ticket holders.
    Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
    Row 1
    Seats 6 & 7
    Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Just to add to the confusion, here is the seating chart U-M has for the Chill:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ting-chart.pdf

If my seats are in the regular sect 43 bleachers at the top it is a very significant displacement from where they said a hockey season ticket holder would be, let alone one who has held them for about 20 years.
      Row 1
      Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Just looked at the tickets again- no mention of Club anywhere on them. So row 75 for me.

Comment

I'm just going to have to take them to the ticket office and find out definitively.
          Row 1
          Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Just had to pop in to say I saw the student with the "Charlie Weis tried to eat me" t-shirt and I laughed out loud. Awe. Some.

{wondering why we didn't have those...}
            "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
              Just had to pop in to say I saw the student with the "Charlie Weis tried to eat me" t-shirt and I laughed out loud. Awe. Some.

{wondering why we didn't have those...}
              JJfP- were you at the game? I kept my eye out for Irish fans that I knew, but didn't see you.

Comment

JJfP- were you at the game? I kept my eye out for Irish fans that I knew, but didn't see you.
                Been there. Done that. Yost frightens me. Haven't been for 2 decades.

Watched on Big10Network.com. Ironically had to list Michigan as my "favorite" team. Eesh.

Get to watch tonight on t.v.
                "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Does anybody have that link that has the write up about the infamous Molly game?? A friend of mine runs a football fan website for Hillsdale College, and this upcoming weekend the Chargers travel to St. Cloud to take on the Huskies in the D2 Playoffs. I think it would be funny to remind their fans that Michigan people are horrible people, and that a few people there would really get a kick out of seeing "We Want Molly".
                  bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                    Does anybody have that link that has the write up about the infamous Molly game?? A friend of mine runs a football fan website for Hillsdale College, and this upcoming weekend the Chargers travel to St. Cloud to take on the Huskies in the D2 Playoffs. I think it would be funny to remind their fans that Michigan people are horrible people, and that a few people there would really get a kick out of seeing "We Want Molly".
                    I tried to find it, but the links from both the Saint Cloud Times and Michigan Daily are not accessible- Goon had it on his website back in 2002. Here's a link from the Michigan Daily that provides a re-cap story:
                    http://www.michigandaily.com/content...ction?page=0,2

Comment

This splitting thing every weekend has to stop. it's getting old to see the team struggle on Friday nights- especially seeing Hunwick get shot at a lot, and his goals were partially due to him being out of position- he's still over playing the shots, IMHO. The third goal on Friday- he was so far out, it was a very easy deke for a backhander in.

But it was horrible to watch all of the missed shots on the Notre Dame goal. Some great passes led to nothing, nothing at all.

I thought the team played pretty well for the first two periods, too- but a single goal from a breakaway was all they had to show for it.

It was nice to see Rust get back on the scoresheet- when can we expect to see the same from Louie?

They are cycling the puck well, and passing, and creating opportunities- but not getting shots when they need it. AND they continue to play sloppy D watching the puck move around. Are they so afraid of getting a penalty that they'd rather not do anything?

If the play on the ice match what they are saying off, we'd be in great shape.

Comment

This splitting thing every weekend has to stop. it's getting old to see the team struggle on Friday nights- especially seeing Hunwick get shot at a lot, and his goals were partially due to him being out of position- he's still over playing the shots, IMHO. The third goal on Friday- he was so far out, it was a very easy deke for a backhander in.

But it was horrible to watch all of the missed shots on the Notre Dame goal. Some great passes led to nothing, nothing at all.

I thought the team played pretty well for the first two periods, too- but a single goal from a breakaway was all they had to show for it.

It was nice to see Rust get back on the scoresheet- when can we expect to see the same from Louie?

They are cycling the puck well, and passing, and creating opportunities- but not getting shots when they need it. AND they continue to play sloppy D watching the puck move around. Are they so afraid of getting a penalty that they'd rather not do anything?

If the play on the ice match what they are saying off, we'd be in great shape.
                        I don't want to absolve the goaltending, but right now this is the least of the issues. If it wasn't for the defensemen, Michigan's scoring would be abysmal. Saturday's effort was more like we expect, no matter how lucky the goals were (and the defense scored two of those goals.) I think the pollsters have figured out that this team is not top five and shouldn't be, even though the schedule has been challenging- five of the seven weeks has had Michigan playing a ranked team.

LSSU comes in after playing well against Ferris, with a hot, young goaltender. It won't make the scoring difficulties any easier. Then on to the CHS at Wisconsin and Minnesota, two teams not as powerful as in the past but good enough to be ranked. Then down to OSU, a rivalry that, even though the Bucks are young, makes for a difficult weekend. Then the outdoor game and the first meeting with MSU.

Our seniors better find their groove fast. Goaltending is adequate but sloppy. The defense has been okay, but the lapses has cost them. Sounds like a repeat of last season. At least they are finding ways to either win or tie games, where last year they lost some of those games. The CCHA is better and would be even stronger if UNO had stayed. Problem is, Michigan has not taken the leap forward from last season's playoffs and are teetering precariously on mediocrity.

Comment

Hey- don't forget the teddy bear toss is this weekend! It's on the ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                            I tried to find it, but the links from both the Saint Cloud Times and Michigan Daily are not accessible- Goon had it on his website back in 2002. Here's a link from the Michigan Daily that provides a re-cap story:
                            http://www.michigandaily.com/content...ction?page=0,2
                            I enjoyed that recap. Gets everything pretty much right.

The "We Want Molly" started right after warmups left the ice. I was visiting my parents' seats in the North End Zone, heard the chanting, and realized, "This is gonna be great." Don't forget, St. Cloud was in the midst of a streak of NCAA futility that only just ended. While the mascot was threatening Michigan's starting lineup, St. Cloud's team was required to look to the South End Zone for the national anthem, getting a nice view of Michigan's brand new banner featuring all nine national championships. The crowd, the pregame "violence," the winless streak--the game was over before it started.
                            Jesus Saves

Comment

Off topic, but I have bad news.

Former Michigan RB Rob Lytle has died of a heart attack, per Rivals.
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                Off topic, but I have bad news.

Former Michigan RB Rob Lytle has died of a heart attack, per Rivals.
                                Man, that's sad. I still remember him battering OSU in Columbus in 1976.

Comment

Working...
                                X