Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE University of Michigan 2010-2011 Season Thread

I just don't get this team.

In 6 games, it appears that they have gotten slower AND the passing has gotten worse.

It took WAAAAY to long for them to get into the game, and even then, the power play was pretty bad.

It's also funny to see a few things- like when they do dumb things like when Lynch took a very, very obvious offsides- with the linesman yelling at him. Which lead to a face off in our zone, and for a bonus, a goal off of that face off. But on the other hand, you see them think a LOT too much when they are looking to pass the puck.

Still frustrated to watch them spectate so much in our zone, too.

Far too overrated.

Comment

The line changes had an abysmal affect on chemistry last night... they looked pretty lost out there on whole. Plenty of problems in all three zones. I'd be hard pressed to pick something that worked well, other than the PK. The effort was there, but lots of mental lapses.

I hate to throw out the "just like last year" already, but a win tonight is critical to head off those thoughts. If not, we're a .500 team with both wins coming against garbage. Not exactly something to be confident about.

Comment

I still don't get this team. How they played that much better tonight vs. last night is mystifying. I'm sure it helped that we scored on the first shot, 8 seconds in, but it was a much better game.

Very interesting line shake ups- how long has it been since Rust and Hagelin didn't play on the same line? Seemed to work pretty well. Carl skated quite well with Cappy- and of course Whalberg got himself an eary goal...

So, in net- do we start Hogan or Hunwick next week? A what have you done for me lately?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          I still don't get this team. How they played that much better tonight vs. last night is mystifying. I'm sure it helped that we scored on the first shot, 8 seconds in, but it was a much better game.

Very interesting line shake ups- how long has it been since Rust and Hagelin didn't play on the same line? Seemed to work pretty well. Carl skated quite well with Cappy- and of course Whalberg got himself an eary goal...

So, in net- do we start Hogan or Hunwick next week? A what have you done for me lately?
          I suspect that there are already chemistry issues brewing in the locker room based on some of the lineup decisions Red has made. That and relying on last season's playoff run. Hagelin, Rust and Caporusso haven't gotten the starts they need to. Good to see Wohlberg hot out of the gate and a kid like Scooter doing so well.
          Still, the execution on the ice is subpar- faceoffs, passing (into skates, behind players etc) and communication. See if next weekend will provide a means to some confidence before going to Alaska.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
            The only nc game that may not be of great help is the GLI opener with Tech- and that one will only hurt them if they lose.
            uh, Jim
            Have you noticed the start Tech has going?
            Undefeated through 5 games, 3-0-2, 2-0-1 vs. CCHA teams
            Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
            Row 1
            Seats 6 & 7
            Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
              uh, Jim
              Have you noticed the start Tech has going?
              Undefeated through 5 games, 3-0-2, 2-0-1 vs. CCHA teams
              Yup. Happy for them, too. I also prefaced my statement with "may not be." I'm not ready to declare them a top ten team yet, even if they are in the hallowed W. Years and years of history weighs more than five games- against NMU, LSSU and Minn St. Lets see what they do against Wisconsin and M-Duluth.

Comment

Any talk of the upcoming weekend? Is Ferris any good? Hammer, will you be at Yost this weekend?
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

I plan on it.

Since they took away our ability to congregate and argue outside, where are we meeting now, if anywhere?
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                    Is Ferris any good?
                    They are 4-2-1 with wins against Huntsville, St.Lawrence (X2), and Ohio State and are getting votes in both polls.
                    Row 1
                    Seats 6 & 7

Comment

• Re: THE University of Michigan 2010-2011 Season Thread

This is not Wolverine specific but has anyone else noticed Inside College Hockey has SIX CCHA teams in their top 20 Power rankings?
                      Row 1
                      Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        I plan on it.
                        Email me if you want to settle our Tigers wager.

Comment

I plan on it.

Since they took away our ability to congregate and argue outside, where are we meeting now, if anywhere?
                          I keep wondering the same thing- I've SEEN everyone so far- KC (and Mrs KC) walking the laps, wT in the student section (and the Alumni band), and streaker behind me- but not all together... ( still waiting to meet JoeZ)

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                            I keep wondering the same thing- I've SEEN everyone so far- KC (and Mrs KC) walking the laps, wT in the student section (and the Alumni band), and streaker behind me- but not all together... ( still waiting to meet JoeZ)
                            Joe sits in the first row along the glass right near the penalty box. He is usually floating around near the coffee stand/zamboni end. Also look for Bluevox over there.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                              They are 4-2-1 with wins against Huntsville, St.Lawrence (X2), and Ohio State and are getting votes in both polls.
                              Don't expect any help from me. This will be the first I've seen of Ferris. This is about as detached as I've been from this team in quite a long time.

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                              Email me if you want to settle our Tigers wager.
                              We can talk later.

Oh, and on another note, there's another game that will take place before the Big Chill at Michigan Stadium. Those of you that know me should know good and well one of the teams playing.
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Oh, and on another note, there's another game that will take place before the Big Chill at Michigan Stadium. Those of you that know me should know good and well one of the teams playing.
                                And those of us that don't? I've only heard about the 3 high school games going on the day after.

Comment

Working...
                                X