THE University of Michigan 2010-2011 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE University of Michigan 2010-2011 Season Thread

The guy I want to see step it up is Wohlberg. He should have at least a 40 pt season.

Last season seemed so lousy, and to think they were a waved off goal because of a quick whistle from returning to the FF.
    No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

http://www.annarbor.com/sports/senio...n-hockey-team/
      Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
      Row 1
      Seats 6 & 7
      Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

For the first time in 13 years there were no early departures!

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new.../29_return.php
        Row 1
        Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by Wol4ine View Post
          Last season seemed so lousy, and to think they were a waved off goal because of a quick whistle from returning to the FF.
          It didn't just SEEM lousy, it was.

They definitely struggled all season then turned it on in the post-season!
          Row 1
          Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by Wol4ine View Post
            The guy I want to see step it up is Wohlberg. He should have at least a 40 pt season.
            I completely agree here. Wohlberg taking it to a higher could easily be the difference between a good season and a very special one.
            Originally posted by Wreckincrew: "I nominate Clifton for a position on the NCAA Frozen Four host selection plan"

Comment

Nice video!

Two things really stood out:

1. at the 3:49 mark Glendenning checks Palmer into the Miami bench then as Glendenning is skating away Palmer gives him a roundhouse punch to the side of the head from behind. It should have been a "Contact to the head roughing" penalty but the video cut away before you could tell if it was called. You can't tell but it is also possible Michigan had possession so it could have been a delayed penalty.

2. at the 4:49 mark Kampfer lays a good one on Tunison. Da*n refs need to learn how to stay out of the way.
              Last edited by JoeZ; 10-01-2010, 10:18 AM. Reason: typo correction
              Row 1
              Seats 6 & 7

Comment

I just did a search looking for a link but came up empty.

I received an email yesterday from Jason Paul who said there was a press release from U-M stating that you would no longer be allowed to leave then re-enter Yost Arena. It also said smoking was banned inside the arena (no news) and in the area immediately around the arena.

That means the end of the between periods analysis outside the south entrance.
                Last edited by JoeZ; 10-01-2010, 10:17 AM. Reason: typo correction
                Row 1
                Seats 6 & 7

Comment

That is correct. I saw the same thing last night on Mgoblog.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I'm... ummm... not happy about the change, to say the least. I guess we'll just have to add to all of the other obstacles in the corridors between periods.

.. and thanks Joe and JD for the comments.

Comment

Originally posted by KC8NIY View Post
                      I'm... ummm... not happy about the change, to say the least. I guess we'll just have to add to all of the other obstacles in the corridors between periods.

.. and thanks Joe and JD for the comments.
                      And perhaps try some Copenhagen?

Need to find a new spot- keep an eye out for less than typical crowds around the arena.

Comment

Here's a link to the press release on the Yost changes:

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...093010aac.html
                        Michigan Hockey Net
                        Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

A little off topic, did anyone catch what Rich Rod said during Inside Michigan Football when asked about Nebraska joining the B10 and further expansion? I swear he said he thought the B10 was fine right where it is, at 14 teams!!!! Have I missed something?
                          No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

So, it appears that our #4 pre-season ranking is, well, not exactly accurate.

For half of the game, they looked to be in control, and even applied a lot of pressure in the 3rd period.

But giving up a 4 goal lead is not exactly a great way to start the season. At least we have a long season to improve on that...

Comment

Plenty of time to improve, but every game counts from Day 1. It's early, VERY early, but I couldn't help but think of the effects that single game could have on our PWR at the end of the year. Hopefully it just won't matter much, if it all.

The Hagelin major really changed the flow of last nights game. Until then, we were in control. But that was the catalyst that lead to giving up 4 unanswered goals. I looked at the replay when I got home, and it was questionable as to a 2 or 5, so I can't really fault the crew for giving him the boot.

I've got to think that the line changes after that disrupted the chemistry that does exist, as the team has only had a week of formal practice time. Yes, the top two lines are the same as the end of last year, but it still takes a few weeks to get going again. The offense was out of rhythm.

Too many penalties, obviously. A couple were dumb, but not blatantly stupid, and there were a couple questionable calls in there. It's the first game of the year. I thought out PK did a good job, especially considering that one of our top penalty killers was gone for half of the game.

We gave up way too many odd-man rushes, and ultimately that's what killed us. Mercyhurst was very advantageous in that regard, looking for that outlet pass and pinching guys behind our defense. We definitely didn't defend that well, and that's where they were able to come back and tie the game. Poor defensive coverage by both the defensemen and the forwards.

I couldn't say any one individual had a bad game, but as a team, that left a lot to be desired. There's the wake-up call, and maybe it's a good thing it happened in the first game of the year. We have to be ready, EVERY game. A tie is better than a loss, but last night was essentially a loss.

Comment

Been meaning to ask some of the UM posters what they thought about Hunwick both being named the starter for your first game, and Berenson apparently deciding to go with both Hogan and Hunwick unless or until one clearly separates himself? I don't know how long that the situation has been known (I saw it first on the WCHB just a couple of days ago). Obviously last night may have clouded a few opinions so I wish I would have posted the question earlier.

Comment

Working...
                                X