THE University of Michigan 2010-2011 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THE University of Michigan 2010-2011 Season Thread

Has anyone heard any rumors on Mel Pearson's interest in the MTU job....

Alumni have already contacted him, just have not heard any items substantiated yet.

Comment

Not since they first snubbed him 3 or 4 coaches ago.
      No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
        Has anyone heard any rumors on Mel Pearson's interest in the MTU job....

Alumni have already contacted him, just have not heard any items substantiated yet.
        I have zero information on this topic but IMO Mel won't be going anywhere. He knows that he is next in-line to the throne at Michigan whenever Coach Berenson decides to call it quits.
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
          I have zero information on this topic but IMO Mel won't be going anywhere. He knows that he is next in-line to the throne at Michigan whenever Coach Berenson decides to call it quits.
          That's a possibility as it is for Billy Powers. But I wouldn't put that in stone for either.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
            That's a possibility as it is for Billy Powers. But I wouldn't put that in stone for either.
            That is precisely why he may want to take the chance now. Due to the Big 10, maybe UM wants a bigger name while Tech just wants the best coach available to restore respectability to the program and become competitive once again. Waiting another 2 years for an uncertain fate seems to be too big a gamble. I have to believe he is in the top 3 candidates under consideration.

Comment

Nice article on Brendan Morrison in the Daily.

http://www.michigandaily.com/article...ockey?page=0,0
              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Anyone else get a very slight feeling of deja vu this week? Last year we didn't even expect to make the NCAA's yet we make the Regional Final. Last year was fun during the playoffs but we were definitely the under-dogs.

This year we are doing what we have always been supposed to be doing, (que Charlie Sheen) WINNING! However, now that we have made the Frozen Four we get Nodak and we are once again the under-dog. I have no real expectations but maybe Michigan can shock the hockey world and beat NoDak. If that happens Hunwick, who has already passed Rudy status IMO, would dwarf anything Notre Dame can say...

Go Blue!!!!

I can't wait for tomorrow.

Comment

I'm getting extremely excited about tomorrow!

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...wolverines.php

Comment

....Hunwick, who has already passed Rudy status IMO, would dwarf anything Notre Dame can say...
                    Terrible analogy, IMHO. Sure, Rudy was a walk on, but he played at the end of an insignificant game. Makes a good story if you are biased to Notre Dame- since you can hype up a few insignifcant plays in an insignifcant game, and inspire people.

Hunwick has done a LOT more than Rudy can ever dream of.

So lets not bring Shawn's status down to Rudy.

As for tomorrow- it's going to be a struggle for me- stunningly, there are no bars around where we are, our hotel does not even have ESPN, and this connection may not support video for ESPN3... But my parents will be at the game, cheering for us. (just remember, this is still just entertainment- knowing that, I know where i am is a LOT more important than the FF- to us.)

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      Terrible analogy, IMHO. Sure, Rudy was a walk on, but he played at the end of an insignificant game. Makes a good story if you are biased to Notre Dame- since you can hype up a few insignifcant plays in an insignifcant game, and inspire people.

Hunwick has done a LOT more than Rudy can ever dream of.

So lets not bring Shawn's status down to Rudy.

As for tomorrow- it's going to be a struggle for me- stunningly, there are no bars around where we are, our hotel does not even have ESPN, and this connection may not support video for ESPN3... But my parents will be at the game, cheering for us. (just remember, this is still just entertainment- knowing that, I know where i am is a LOT more important than the FF- to us.)
                      I agree that Shawn is far better than Rudy ever was. But try convincing the Domers about that. And if you asked anyone on the street who doesn't have any rooting interest either way they'd most likely still say Rudy because he has a movie. When Shawn wins a NC they have nothing to argue about.

Comment

Go blue!
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

I agree that Shawn is far better than Rudy ever was. But try convincing the Domers about that. And if you asked anyone on the street who doesn't have any rooting interest either way they'd most likely still say Rudy because he has a movie. When Shawn wins a NC they have nothing to argue about.
                          Why would I care what domers think?

We are not going to get anyone to root for Michigan for Shawn- I know with 100% certainty that I still hate Notre Dame regardless of Rudy.

Comment

the game is on espn 2 vs North Dakota, and what kind of loser hotel tv system would omit espn??...super ritzy hoighty toighty?

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
                              the game is on espn 2 vs North Dakota, and what kind of loser hotel tv system would omit espn??...super ritzy hoighty toighty?
                              Those flea-bag motels that rent rooms by the hour that you frequent...j/k.

Go Blue!

Comment

Ones connected to hospitals.

Feel free to remove you foot umich- idiot.

Comment

Working...
                                X