Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THE University of Michigan 2010-2011 Season Thread

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    I respect the fact that you are responding in an intelligent manner. The last point that Red Berenson made on his radio show last night was that Michigan will be prepared to play BG just like they would for Miami or Notre Dame or any other opponent. He stated (and I paraphrase) that "we must respect our opponent, no matter what their record is." He expects a tough series against a team with nothing to lose. (Defenseman Greg Pateryn commented that "playing BG is tough because they are one of the more physical teams we played this season. They beat us up pretty good down there.") I'm sure Bergeron will have your team prepared.
    I you're interested in Bergeron's comments, here is a link to his press conference: http://www.bgsufalcons.com/news/2011...308115841.aspx

The thing I like about Bergeron is that he doesn't sugarcoat anything. He tells his team and the public the way things are and how he's going to handle them.
    Last edited by BGFan; 03-09-2011, 11:35 AM.

Comment

http://michigan.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1198348

Hunwick snubbed in CCHA conference honors voting.

This isn't too surprising considering the lack of respect he gets. More incentive to prove conference foes wrong.

Comment

Anyon have any information on how former Michigan Hockey player Max Pacioretty is doing? I heard he got hit pretty hard the other day and this is all I could find (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6197378).
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

http://michigan.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1198348

Hunwick snubbed in CCHA conference honors voting.

This isn't too surprising considering the lack of respect he gets. More incentive to prove conference foes wrong.
          Bless Shawn, but for a team that WON the regular season, there were more players on the first for the third place team than Michigan had, including honerable mention. Miami had 4 players over the two teams, somehow MSU- who just lost in an away game for the first round, had a player on the first team.

And the stunning teams of this season, by far, in my opinion, has ZERO, NONE, nothing- all the way to the honerable mention. the highest rated Bronco was Max Cambell, who at least got votes.

Terrible.

While I would like to take the awards seriously, I can't. Yes, the CCHA is very even. But for 3rd place team to have 4, 4th none, and 3rd>1st seems rather questionable.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
            Anyon have any information on how former Michigan Hockey player Max Pacioretty is doing? I heard he got hit pretty hard the other day and this is all I could find (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6197378).
            He has a concussion, but is feeling a lot better.

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie/?id=357332
            Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              Bless Shawn, but for a team that WON the regular season, there were more players on the first for the third place team than Michigan had, including honerable mention. Miami had 4 players over the two teams, somehow MSU- who just lost in an away game for the first round, had a player on the first team.

And the stunning teams of this season, by far, in my opinion, has ZERO, NONE, nothing- all the way to the honerable mention. the highest rated Bronco was Max Cambell, who at least got votes.

Terrible.

While I would like to take the awards seriously, I can't. Yes, the CCHA is very even. But for 3rd place team to have 4, 4th none, and 3rd>1st seems rather questionable.
              Seems like the most talented players received the votes. I don't really have an issue with any voting outside of the goalies. Miami's top forwards were dominant this season, look at their numbers. Even though Miami finished 3rd in the CCHA Regular Season, I would not be surprised at all if they end up with a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament (via winning the CCHA Tournament.)

Hunwick's statistics were at the top of the league, and it's not as if the team carried him. He won some games for this team.

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
                He has a concussion, but is feeling a lot better.

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie/?id=357332
                Also has a fractured vertebrae in his neck/back. This could have been much worse than it turned out. But, it is severe enough that it could endanger his career IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by alnike View Post
                  Seems like the most talented players received the votes. I don't really have an issue with any voting outside of the goalies. Miami's top forwards were dominant this season, look at their numbers. Even though Miami finished 3rd in the CCHA Regular Season, I would not be surprised at all if they end up with a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament (via winning the CCHA Tournament.)

Hunwick's statistics were at the top of the league, and it's not as if the team carried him. He won some games for this team.
                  Hunwick led the CCHA in GAA and save%- splitting hairs, but he did play more minutes than Reichard and should have at least gotten an Honorable Mention.

Comment

Max is mad, and he should be...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-332100
                    Originally posted by alfablue
                    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Tough break for David Wohlberg- literally.

Comment

Tough break for David Wohlberg- literally.
                        Bummer- it didn't look good last night, the way he left the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          Bummer- it didn't look good last night, the way he left the ice.
                          When it took him about 30 seconds to skate to the bench, and then went right to the locker room, you knew it wasn't good. Red was quoted that it looks like they would know for sure today, but it looked like he would be out for the year. Hopefully Louie can get back for next weekend. Wohlberg was starting to really play well too, getting some key goals.

Speaking of goals, Scooter's goal was a beaut last night. After the game, got to the bar in time to see a similar goal by Datysuk to win it for the Wings.
                          Infrequent poster, frequent reader.

Comment

Nice win- and a hearty Thank You Seniors! Since we won't be at a college hockey game until we get to St. Paul, I sure hope we get to see them again.

I don't know what has happened recently, but the play creativity sure has gone up- the passing, the plays, my gosh- they still need to work on some of the passing, since if they flub the pass, it's a pretty easy turn over. But the team did a great job at fixing post of the poor plays. Moffe's first goal was pretty cool- just come in and muscle it in. And Lyndsy Sparks? Who would have guessed he would have had such a high point count weekend.

I was trying to figure how Whalberg was being filled in, and I thought I saw Moffee play forward, but he was back, too... couldn't figure it out.

The Power Play with Scooter and Merill at the point is just super fun to watch- the passing they are doing is really creative, and it's nice to see them control the puck like that. Interesting, too, that BG pressed hard last night, but tonight, played back a little. Mixed results, for that.

On that note- having Scotter at the point was pretty cool. He sure can play D, and I really think his two seasons at wing have really improved his puck skills that he can play anywhere.

But all in all- it was a great season for us to watch this team. They have improved a lot over the season.

(on a side note- why did Jordan-Thomas leave the game at the end of the 2nd???)

Comment

(on a side note- why did Jordan-Thomas leave the game at the end of the 2nd???)[/QUOTE]

I sit right behind the visitor's penalty box. Was watching, the BGSU coach basically gestured to his player to get the "bleep" off the ice once his penalties expired or UM scored. They were two un-disciplined penalties at a bad time. So, in essence, he was ejected by his coach.
                              Infrequent poster, frequent reader.

Comment

According to Red- at his press conference, Wohlberg will have surgery on his collarbone on Monday per doctor's orders.

Comment

Working...
                                X