THE University of Michigan 2010-2011 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THE University of Michigan 2010-2011 Season Thread

It's hard to win games when your senior leaders aren't producing. 4th, 20th, and 34th in conference scoring from those 3 isn't going to cut it. Now's not the time to get swept and start a free fall which sees them out of the tournament. It's time to step up, and the "gut check" quotes from the past couple weeks need to be more than just passing talk for the media.

We don't have any pure scorers. No one who can put the puck in the net when it counts. That doesn't win games against high caliber teams.

Comment

Originally posted by KC8NIY View Post
      It's hard to win games when your senior leaders aren't producing. 4th, 20th, and 34th in conference scoring from those 3 isn't going to cut it. Now's not the time to get swept and start a free fall which sees them out of the tournament. It's time to step up, and the "gut check" quotes from the past couple weeks need to be more than just passing talk for the media.

We don't have any pure scorers. No one who can put the puck in the net when it counts. That doesn't win games against high caliber teams.
      The very guy that gave the "gut check" quote is the guy that muffed the breakaway that could have won the game. That, and all the veteran players that took penalties- especially that ultra dumb one on Wohlberg that basically killed any chance to tie the game. For a team that had Miami on the ropes... they sure can't finish- similar to games at UNH, @OSU, @ MSU in OT etc.

Comment

So the gut check turned out to be more nausea than anything else. A tought 4-2 loss from a lead was followed by a 3-0 shutout.

Wonder what we will see next weekend. Porbably go ahead and miss next Saturday..

Comment

I'd be shocked if we don't sweep this weekend.

Comment

News from Rivals is saying that Red is very much shaking up the lines for this weekend.

And there is debate over Rust's "wake up call" comments- that it didn't happen, say, a few times already this season....

Will be interesting to see if it works.

Comment

annarbor.com also commented on line changes. Here is what they had to say:

Berenson shook up how his team looks on the ice, making changes to all four of the Wolverines lines. The combinations now look like this for the weekend series against the Buckeyes.

•Carl Hagelin Louie Caporusso Chris Brown
              •Scooter Vaughan Matt Rust Luke Glendening
              •David Wohlberg A.J. Treais Luke Moffatt
              •Ben Winnett Kevin Lynch Derek DeBlois

I sure hope it works. This team needs a couple of wins this weekend very badly.
              The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

An overview of Yost arena, thanks to CBS college sports.

http://www.mgoblue.com/allaccess/?media=230567

(My son has a cameo at the 1:19 mark, not the big guy in the mask at 1:16)
                Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
                  An overview of Yost arena, thanks to CBS college sports.

http://www.mgoblue.com/allaccess/?media=230567

(My son has a cameo at the 1:19 mark, not the big guy in the mask at 1:16)
                  Good stuff- but they ran the C-Ya chant longer than I thought they would. Even IF it's cleaner (I can't really tell anymore).

Comment

Anyone else see what the hockey team did for Mock Rock? Wow.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Yeah, thought Burlon was funny in his imitation of Red.

Looked like Ben Winnett, Brandon Burlon Chris Brown, Matt Rust and Scooter Vaughn played the Price is Right. And some guys in women's swimsuits like Treais, Merrill?, Moffatt and Deblois.

Comment

Good win- Red didn't like the last half of the 2nd period- they seemed to let up a lot after the 4th goal. But some real O.

Amazingly clean game- we had 3 penalties, Western had none. The new coach has some real control over those guys.

From our side, while I really like Claire's play- not tonight, and unfortunately, I think he will not be in the line up tomorrow. Too sloppy with the puck.

Comment

Off-topic, but still. Send your best thoughts Vada Murray's way
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                            Good win- Red didn't like the last half of the 2nd period- they seemed to let up a lot after the 4th goal. But some real O.

Amazingly clean game- we had 3 penalties, Western had none. The new coach has some real control over those guys.

From our side, while I really like Claire's play- not tonight, and unfortunately, I think he will not be in the line up tomorrow. Too sloppy with the puck.
                            While Michigan found the net tonight, I really thought that WMU played with a greater intensity and M allowed them to break out of the zone and transition with little effort to stop them.

Blashill has done a nice job with the turnaround in Kzoo, players have bought into the program and they work hard each shift, not much let up. No PIM's from a WMU squad, who'd a thunk?

Seemed like M was shorthanded the whole 2nd period, but they weren't.

Clare really struggled tonight. When he had the puck, he couldn't handle it. When he had to make a physical play, seemed like he was trying not to break eggs. When he had to skate, it seemed like he was in slooooow motion. No urgency or intensity in his game tonight. If Moffie does not play tomorrow night, that would be disappointing. Clare sat the final five minutes when the game was tight, before the ENG.

Nice efforts from Pateryn and Lynch tonight. Team finally scores a 3rd period goal.

Comment

Originally posted by alnike View Post
                              Yeah, thought Burlon was funny in his imitation of Red.

Looked like Ben Winnett, Brandon Burlon Chris Brown, Matt Rust and Scooter Vaughn played the Price is Right. And some guys in women's swimsuits like Treais, Merrill?, Moffatt and Deblois.
                              I think that was Merrill as Bob Barker and Bennett as one of "his beauties".

Comment

Thanks for posting this.

Comment

Working...
                                X