PDA

View Full Version : RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Wicked Slappaahs
09-01-2010, 02:26 PM
It definitely isn't certain from what we know. It could have been different the two years.

Agreed RB

Wicked Slappaahs
09-01-2010, 02:51 PM
I personally learn from this thread exchange and enjoy that which is discussed by all the regular members. I will continue to speculate; I expect there to be speculation about the recruit to whom I'm closest. I HATE POLITICAL CORRECTNESS with all my being and will never buckle under the pressure from the word police. If you don't like what I say, too bad.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

babo
09-01-2010, 03:17 PM
It definitely isn't certain from what we know. It could have been different the two years.

I phrased my statement in a clumsy manner; what I meant was that it seems as though the information available to us points toward the recruit making the decision to remain in juniors. Might the school and the coach have as much say in this type of situation as the recruit? I say yes...they guide the outcome to what is best for the player and the team. Having said that, if this is in fact the player's decision, and the coach and school wanted him here yesterday but cannot use the full weight of their influence to make it happen, then I think there is something else going on...

Wicked Slappaahs
09-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Might the school and the coach have as much say in this type of situation as the recruit? I say yes...they guide the outcome to what is best for the player and the team.

I definitely think this was case last year, but don't really know what to make of the situation this year. The reporting is so poor at the S-F that it literally seems like they are afraid to ask him any questions about the topic...that in and of itself might be telling.

In any event, I can't recall a quote I've seen attributed to JL regarding his plans/goals/aspirations following his victory lap in Cornwall. Seems like a perfectly ordinary question for a journalist to ask, but in this era of reporters wanting to be best buddies with players and coaches, I guess its not all that surprising.

Wicked Slappaahs
09-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Another Yale recruit as per CH today...its beginning to sound like a broken record :mad:

Ralph Baer
09-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Ralph, at the risk of upsetting the censors, I will ask you, is there any chance that JL is waiting for Yanik so they can come to RPI together... ?:eek: :D :rolleyes: BTW, Yanik is a realllly small kid.

At the risk of joining you, Yanik won't be ready next year, if ever.

Ralph Baer
09-01-2010, 03:36 PM
I phrased my statement in a clumsy manner; what I meant was that it seems as though the information available to us points toward the recruit making the decision to remain in juniors. Might the school and the coach have as much say in this type of situation as the recruit? I say yes...they guide the outcome to what is best for the player and the team. Having said that, if this is in fact the player's decision, and the coach and school wanted him here yesterday but cannot use the full weight of their influence to make it happen, then I think there is something else going on...

I do think both the recruit and the coach have something to say on these situations. You should know more about this first hand than I do. :)

DrDemento
09-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Ralph, at the risk of upsetting the censors, I will ask you, is there any chance that JL is waiting for Yanik so they can come to RPI together... ?:eek: :D :rolleyes: BTW, Yanik is a realllly small kid.

If we add another small one we could have a Smurfs Line.:p

RHamilton
09-01-2010, 07:53 PM
http://recordhockey.blogspot.com/2010/09/yes-jls-comingnext-year.html

Ed Weaver has an extremely brief statement on the JL saga.

DrDemento
09-01-2010, 08:27 PM

RH-I will believe it when I see it. I have had myself all psyched up for his arrival for a long time. I absolutely do not doubt his hockey talent and just expect him to be an offensive force. I just hope that this statement is correct.

fishcore12
09-01-2010, 08:28 PM

Alright, who hacked into Ed's blog and did this :D ...it is not nice to play with other peoples blogs.

babo
09-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Alright, who hacked into Ed's blog and did this :D ...it is not nice to play with other peoples blogs.

Yeah...Mr. Weaver even looks surprised i his photo...:p

fishcore12
09-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Yeah...Mr. Weaver even looks surprised i his photo...:p

Mr. Weaver having to file college hockey reports before october this summer probably caused this look of surprise in his photo. :D

troyboy
09-01-2010, 09:58 PM
[QUOTE=RHamilton;4853179]http://recordhockey.blogspot.com/2010/09/yes-jls-comingnext-year.html

Ed Weaver has an extremely brief statement on the JL saga.[/QUOTEThats a really strong statement.I don"t know Ed personally nor do I have an opinion on his work product,but it would be hard for me to believe he would go out on a limb like that without some first hand knowledge of the situation or a source that has first hand knowledge.The only thing that gives me pause is why wouldn"t JL himself sat that or at least allude to that.

RHamilton
09-02-2010, 12:01 AM
Thats a really strong statement.I don"t know Ed personally nor do I have an opinion on his work product,but it would be hard for me to believe he would go out on a limb like that without some first hand knowledge of the situation or a source that has first hand knowledge.The only thing that gives me pause is why wouldn"t JL himself sat that or at least allude to that.

And here's the follow up with the first hand knowledge!

http://recordhockey.blogspot.com/2010/09/troy-never-say-never-without-some-sort.html

Ralph Baer
09-02-2010, 12:46 AM
This is a guess, and I will probably get criticized for saying this, but I think that Pirri's leaving has a lot to do with JL's statement that he will be in Troy. He wants to be the top center which he did not feel that he would be with BP on the team, just like he was not when they played together two years ago for Team Canada East.

Red Cloud
09-02-2010, 12:55 AM
http://yourtattoosucks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/pay-up-sucka.jpg

Red Cloud
09-02-2010, 12:57 AM
This is a guess, and I will probably get criticized for saying this, but I think that Pirri's leaving has a lot to do with JL's statement that he will be in Troy. He wants to be the top center which he did not feel that he would be with BP on the team, just like he was not when they played together two years ago for Team Canada East.

I think it was the Moon in Gemini squaring Mercury today. Prove me wrong.

Ralph Baer
09-02-2010, 01:07 AM
http://yourtattoosucks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/pay-up-sucka.jpg

I will be most happy to, but he hasn't arrived yet. :p

Ralph Baer
09-02-2010, 01:20 AM
From the Record article
Does he really need a third season in major junior A hockey? In one short sentence, two factual errors. This will be JL's fourth season in the CJHL (now often abbreviated CHL) and, of course, he doesn't play major junior hockey.

I didn't realize that RPI accepts ACT results.