This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

In an exhibition game on Saturday, the Cornwall Colts lost to the Kingston Voyageurs 4-3. Jacob Laliberté scored a goal and had a roughng penalty. http://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxs...gameid=1347120. Cornwall plays again on Sunday.

Laliberté's preseason line is now 2-2-0-2-2.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

[QUOTE=Ralph Baer;4850098]Why is it good that PK will be an issue?[/QUOTE As sad as this may be...getting kids picked in the draft and yes leaving school early to sign pro contracts has become a recruiting tool....I was told by a person close to these situations on the NHL side "that if your going to be a top program get used to it and stop being a cry baby"because of his size and age I believe PK is our next threat ! JMO
      What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=troyboy;4850612]
        Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Why is it good that PK will be an issue?[/QUOTE As sad as this may be...getting kids picked in the draft and yes leaving school early to sign pro contracts has become a recruiting tool....I was told by a person close to these situations on the NHL side "that if your going to be a top program get used to it and stop being a cry baby"because of his size and age I believe PK is our next threat ! JMO
        Got it. I thought that you meant "Penalty Kill" and although I agreed that may be an issue, it didn't seem like that would be a "good thing"..
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

[QUOTE=Ralph Baer;4850616]
          Originally posted by troyboy View Post

Got it. I thought that you meant "Penalty Kill" and although I agreed that may be an issue, it didn't seem like that would be a "good thing"..
          I had thought the same thing about PK. Perhaps we are using initials a bit quickly. We all by now know of JD, BP and JL but other abbreviations are just not that familiar yet.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

[QUOTE=Ralph Baer;4850616]
            Originally posted by troyboy View Post

I believe we can agree that these recent events way more than anything we have done on the ice have put our program on the national radar screen (jmo)This is a sign of a program on the way up.I also think in the next few years we will also see some undrafted players get signed to AHL contracts(not ECHL) right out of school Chase being the first.This kind of stuff doesn't go unnoticed by players,parents,advisors and most important NHL scouts.Its one thing to bring recruits to the Red Freak Out, its a whole other thing when you bring them in for a visit and point out 3 or 4 pro scouts sitting in the stands.Our summer of discontent has made some scouts sit up and take notice that I know.
            What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=troyboy;4850707]
              I believe we can agree that these recent events way more than anything we have done on the ice have put our program on the national radar screen (jmo)This is a sign of a program on the way up.I also think in the next few years we will also see some undrafted players get signed to AHL contracts(not ECHL) right out of school Chase being the first.This kind of stuff doesn't go unnoticed by players,parents,advisors and most important NHL scouts.Its one thing to bring recruits to the Red Freak Out, its a whole other thing when you bring them in for a visit and point out 3 or 4 pro scouts sitting in the stands.Our summer of discontent has made some scouts sit up and take notice that I know.
              Nice thought-I hope it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Nice thought-I hope it is true.
                One of these clouds has to have a silver lining.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In an exhibition game on Saturday, the Cornwall Colts lost to the Kingston Voyageurs 4-3. Jacob Laliberté scored a goal and had a roughng penalty. http://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxs...gameid=1347120. Cornwall plays again on Sunday.

Laliberté's preseason line is now 2-2-0-2-2.
                  Actually, Cornwall played two games yesterday (split squad) and none today. The second box score isn't up, but I doubt that even JL would play in both games.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Actually, Cornwall played two games yesterday (split squad) and none today. The second box score isn't up, but I doubt that even JL would play in both games.
                    Unless he was twins.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      Unless he was twins.
                      It's up and no JL http://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxs...gameid=1347118.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Come on without
                        Come on within
                        You'll not see nothing of the flighty Quinn
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          Come on without
                          Come on within
                          With your inside knowledge of RPI hockey and the double negative in the last line, are you implying that we haven't heard the last of NQ?
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

With your inside knowledge of RPI hockey and the double negative in the last line, are you implying that we haven't heard the last of NQ?
                            I will out corny you Ralph, one way or the other. I will have my revenge, in this life or the next.

Huxley's graduating. I hope he goes to Harvard as his replacement.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              Come on without
                              Come on within
                              Even I have to admit-that is corny (but appropriate)

Comment

[QUOTE=troyboy;4850707]
                                when I was up at Lake Placid to watch JD'A, I was talking to some scouts about JD'A & Cullen & asked them about Chase. They looked at me like I had 2 heads. One said he had never heard of him. After the game as we were walking out a scout from Washington said to me, " don't let them kid you, every scout knows who Chase Polacek is". So, expect to see plenty of NHL scouts this year at HFH
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X