X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I thought of that too. He's a 1990, so this is his last year of juniors. Hopefully, we don't need a goalie for next season.
    Do you think RPI will recruit a goaltender and carry 4 next year, just in case of the possiblity that York signs?

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
      Do you think RPI will recruit a goaltender and carry 4 next year, just in case of the possiblity that York signs?
      That is possible, but I wouldn't expect a scholarship goaltender unless an athletic scholarship is not required. Also, if we do sign another goalie, I would expect Coupal would be cut.

I think that the most likely situation is to sign one with the understanding that he would come in 2011 if York leaves and 2012 if he doesn't. That couldn't be the case for one born in 1990.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
        It's a definite possibility, but IMO, Seth wouldn't carry 4...Coupal would have to return to club, in such a scenario.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

On Tuesday, the Cornwall Colts defeated the Cumberland Grads 8-0. Jacob Laliberté had a a hat trick including both a PPG and a SSG. He was named #3 star. BTW, his linemates, the Spink twins, had 7 points between them. #1 star went to a CCT recruit. http://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxs...gameid=1318572

Laliberté's line is now 4-7-4-11-0.

JL leads the CHL in scoring and goal scoring http://pointstreak.com/prostats/scor...&seasonid=5782. He's tied for the lead in SSGs, tied for second in PPGs, and tied for 8th in assists. He's tied for 6th in 3-star points.
          Bring him to Troy in December.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
            I thought we already had this discussion.....

This would not only throw off team chemistry, but we'd be kissing half a year of his eligibility goodbye.

Comment

It did cross my mind that was what he was speaking to SA about, but there wasn't even a hint in the article in the Standard Freeholder. Then again, it has been pointed out here before that the SF doesn't do investigative reporting.

Personally, I agree with others who said that it won't happen.

Edit: As FD08 just wrote.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Tuesday, the Cornwall Colts defeated the Cumberland Grads 8-0. Jacob Laliberté had a a hat trick including both a PPG and a SSG. He was named #3 star. BTW, his linemates, the Spink twins, had 7 points between them. #1 star went to a CCT recruit. http://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxs...gameid=1318572

Laliberté's line is now 4-7-4-11-0.

JL leads the CHL in scoring and goal scoring http://pointstreak.com/prostats/scor...&seasonid=5782. He's tied for the lead in SSGs, tied for second in PPGs, and tied for 8th in assists. He's tied for 6th in 3-star points.
                I am very disappointed-only involved in 37.5% of the team's scoring. Someone needs to help this kid become more offensive minded.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Personally, I agree with others who said that it won't happen.
                  I also agree, he stated earlier he wanted to help Coach MacInnis and Cornwall win a league championship this year and I think his goal this season is to be league scoring champion. I dont see any competition for that crown right now, at the pace he's going he'll end up with 105 goals.

Comment

FWIW, Team Canada West released the evaluation camp roster for the 2010 World Junior A Challenge in November.

http://ajhl.ca/media/files/upload/CA...Roster_9r8.pdf

Im sure theres a couple names on the list RPI has there eyes on. The Canada East roster should be coming out soon, JL wont be able to participate this year being a '90 but im guessing both Spink brothers will be on it.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      I thought we already had this discussion.....

This would not only throw off team chemistry, but we'd be kissing half a year of his eligibility goodbye.
                      Four years is four years. It makes no difference when it starts. If he could be the guy that makes the difference this year, then why wouldn't you want him now? Do you think Polacek, Helfrich and the other seniors would like to have a guy that might replace some of the lost offense down the stretch? There is no next year for these guys who suffered through a couple of tough seasons and have been the foundation of the rebuilding process. Besides, who knows if this guy will even stay four years.

Comment

Four years is four years. It makes no difference when it starts. If he could be the guy that makes the difference this year, then why wouldn't you want him now? Do you think Polacek, Helfrich and the other seniors would like to have a guy that might replace some of the lost offense down the stretch? There is no next year for these guys who suffered through a couple of tough seasons and have been the foundation of the rebuilding process. Besides, who knows if this guy will even stay four years.
                        JL is as small as Polacek; he'll be staying the entire four years should he decide to attend RPI.

As for four years being four years, the only thing I will say is: CCT.

Comment

Four years is four years. It makes no difference when it starts.
                          Not accurate. If he were to come in December, he'd be a sophomore next fall.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            JL is as small as Polacek; he'll be staying the entire four years should he decide to attend RPI.

As for four years being four years, the only thing I will say is: CCT.
                            Much as I would like to agree with you-JL would stay four years if his education was important to him. If he is coming just to play hockey and move on to another level, hard to predict how long he might stay. In any economy money talks and if he receives an offer that is considerable he might do as BP and JD'A did.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              Much as I would like to agree with you-JL would stay four years if his education was important to him. If he is coming just to play hockey and move on to another level, hard to predict how long he might stay. In any economy money talks and if he receives an offer that is considerable he might do as BP and JD'A did.
                              Exactly my point. Predicting the future with 20-somethings is tricky at best. Seeing how long it took him to get "ready" to come to Troy, anything could happen.

As to Red Cloud's comment about him being a sophomore next fall; athletically he would be a second-semester freshman. He wouldn't be a sophomore until the spring semester. I don't think it matters, because you just don't know if he will stay the full four years anyway.

Comment

As to Red Cloud's comment about him being a sophomore next fall; athletically he would be a second-semester freshman.
                                He'll be a first-semester freshmen, because he's not coming in December.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X