X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I will never join Twitter. I still believe a .edu e-mail should be needed for Facebook, though.
    I understand your logic, but remember that some us who are a lot older have .edu email addresses. I have an alum.rpi.edu address.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I will never join Twitter. I still believe a .edu e-mail should be needed for Facebook, though.
      I bet you an Internet dollar that you're wrong.

For the record, if you're not on Twitter, you're missing out on mini-WaP updates that are not posted to the site itself.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Article about yesterday's Cornwall game http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2761006. I wonder if we will have an interest in Cornwall's goalie.

Pregame article http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2761357
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Can you give those of us who are not on facebook an idea what is there?
          It's a photo of him wearing #1...I will attemt to post the image...

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
            It's a photo of him wearing #1...I will attemt to post the image...
            You'll have to store a copy on a website where you have space.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              I bet you an Internet dollar that you're wrong.

For the record, if you're not on Twitter, you're missing out on mini-WaP updates that are not posted to the site itself.
              I do know that it is not required to have a .edu e-mail. However, the statement was of utopian belief, not of fact.

As for Twitter, I have 4 internet morals, and that particular site is involved in one of them. I realize I'm "missing out", but I feel no regret.

Comment

I do know that it is not required to have a .edu e-mail. However, the statement was of utopian belief, not of fact.
                God help you if you ever go into business.

As for Twitter, I have 4 internet morals, and that particular site is involved in one of them. I realize I'm "missing out", but I feel no regret.
                You just used the words "internet" and "morals" back to back. How is that even possible considering the sizable chunk of the web that's used for immorality?
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I believe to the contrary... the forwards will try to figure out some cheap way to get him into the box, even if it means skating with their head down and diving into the boards.

17 penalty minutes already... obviously I didn't see the game, but I hope it was due to aggressive play (cross-check = likely, elbow = probable) and not something dumb (like an interference or a hook).
                  They may try the cheap shot way once-usually it is a good jog to your memory to have a 6'6" 260 pound elbow to your head-and then you don't ever try the same thing again. I am of the firm opinion that Luke will gain a lot of respect in the ECAC with most smart forwards wishing to avoid him at all costs.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    They may try the cheap shot way once-usually it is a good jog to your memory to have a 6'6" 260 pound elbow to your head-and then you don't ever try the same thing again. I am of the firm opinion that Luke will gain a lot of respect in the ECAC with most smart forwards wishing to avoid him at all costs.
                    The question in my mind, however, is what the refs, who seem to have it for RPI over the years, are going to do. When you are 6'6" and 260 lb, you will be noticed. (At least, I think that you will. I never was 6'6" -- not even 5'5". )
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      The question in my mind, however, is what the refs, who seem to have it for RPI over the years, are going to do. When you are 6'6" and 260 lb, you will be noticed. (At least, I think that you will. I never was 6'6" -- not even 5'5". )
                      Oh he'll get his share of penalties in the early games-but the reputation will linger. He will make his point quickly and opposing forwards will not be wanting to spend time in the trainer's room. One painful thump usually makes you learn a lesson quickly. My only concern is if they can goad Luke into taking penalties that do not involve some real physical contact. I think he will be fine. I suspect years from now he will be one of those defensemen we remember well. At least we will have one defenseman out there at least who will make opposing forwards have to think how to avoid and that may make them have to change their approach. He should be very capable at clearing out in front of the crease where many goals are scored.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        I suspect years from now he will be one of those defensemen we remember well.
                        I agree -- unless I get Alzheimer's disease.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I know I will be accused of kissing up to Babo but I believe BRO will play in the show. can't teach that size and more importantly his reach (clog passing lanes). That size is imposing and certainly will be welcome roaming HFH. We have some quality now and coming in on the blue line. PK, GL and BRO are big boys and will change the way we play. This is the next step in the rebuild. Let's always remember that SA recruited Matt Carle and knows talent back there when he sees it.
                          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                            I know I will be accused of kissing up to Babo but I believe BRO will play in the show. can't teach that size and more importantly his reach (clog passing lanes). That size is imposing and certainly will be welcome roaming HFH. We have some quality now and coming in on the blue line. PK, GL and BRO are big boys and will change the way we play. This is the next step in the rebuild. Let's always remember that SA recruited Matt Carle and knows talent back there when he sees it.
                            Agree with one exception. i don't know much about Luke's quickness. He certainly will be a force and I'm sure the powers that be have noticed him for some time already. If he can add a level of quickness then the sky's the limit for some one with his size. He already has the things you can't teach.

BTW it is OK to kiss up to Babo-she is a very attractive lady. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...1t:429,r:7,s:0
                            Last edited by DrDemento; 09-18-2010, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Article about Dubuque's game http://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=295932. BRO isn't mentioned.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Standard Freeholder http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2763078
                                RPI Engineers head coach Seth Appert was at Thursday's opener, and he had a friendly, long chat with Colts captain Jake Laliberte, who's headed to the school in Troy, N.Y., next season. (Appert also spoke outside the Colts dressing room with the Spink twins, Tyson and Tylor.)

It's been a long wait for Appert to finally have Laliberte in the Engineers lineup, but he sure sounded excited about it finally happening in 12 months from now.

Laliberte has been on fire -- as expected -- this season, with eight points in three contests.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X