PDA

View Full Version : RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

redhead18
09-22-2010, 09:09 AM
I thought of that too. He's a 1990, so this is his last year of juniors. Hopefully, we don't need a goalie for next season.Do you think RPI will recruit a goaltender and carry 4 next year, just in case of the possiblity that York signs?

Ralph Baer
09-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Do you think RPI will recruit a goaltender and carry 4 next year, just in case of the possiblity that York signs?

That is possible, but I wouldn't expect a scholarship goaltender unless an athletic scholarship is not required. Also, if we do sign another goalie, I would expect Coupal would be cut.

I think that the most likely situation is to sign one with the understanding that he would come in 2011 if York leaves and 2012 if he doesn't. That couldn't be the case for one born in 1990.

Wicked Slappaahs
09-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Do you think RPI will recruit a goaltender and carry 4 next year, just in case of the possiblity that York signs?

It's a definite possibility, but IMO, Seth wouldn't carry 4...Coupal would have to return to club, in such a scenario.

Jasma
09-22-2010, 09:32 AM
On Tuesday, the Cornwall Colts defeated the Cumberland Grads 8-0. Jacob Laliberté had a a hat trick including both a PPG and a SSG. He was named #3 star. BTW, his linemates, the Spink twins, had 7 points between them. #1 star went to a CCT recruit. :mad: http://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxscore.html?gameid=1318572

Laliberté's line is now 4-7-4-11-0.

JL leads the CHL in scoring and goal scoring http://pointstreak.com/prostats/scoringleaders.html?leagueid=349&seasonid=5782. He's tied for the lead in SSGs, tied for second in PPGs, and tied for 8th in assists. He's tied for 6th in 3-star points.

Bring him to Troy in December.

FlagDUDE08
09-22-2010, 09:58 AM

I thought we already had this discussion.....

This would not only throw off team chemistry, but we'd be kissing half a year of his eligibility goodbye.

Ralph Baer
09-22-2010, 09:59 AM

It did cross my mind that was what he was speaking to SA about, but there wasn't even a hint in the article in the Standard Freeholder. Then again, it has been pointed out here before that the SF doesn't do investigative reporting. :)

Personally, I agree with others who said that it won't happen.

Edit: As FD08 just wrote. :D

DrDemento
09-22-2010, 10:02 AM
On Tuesday, the Cornwall Colts defeated the Cumberland Grads 8-0. Jacob Laliberté had a a hat trick including both a PPG and a SSG. He was named #3 star. BTW, his linemates, the Spink twins, had 7 points between them. #1 star went to a CCT recruit. :mad: http://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxscore.html?gameid=1318572

Laliberté's line is now 4-7-4-11-0.

JL leads the CHL in scoring and goal scoring http://pointstreak.com/prostats/scoringleaders.html?leagueid=349&seasonid=5782. He's tied for the lead in SSGs, tied for second in PPGs, and tied for 8th in assists. He's tied for 6th in 3-star points.

I am very disappointed-only involved in 37.5% of the team's scoring. Someone needs to help this kid become more offensive minded.:rolleyes:

redhead18
09-22-2010, 10:17 AM
Personally, I agree with others who said that it won't happen.
I also agree, he stated earlier he wanted to help Coach MacInnis and Cornwall win a league championship this year and I think his goal this season is to be league scoring champion. I dont see any competition for that crown right now, at the pace he's going he'll end up with 105 goals. :eek: :D

redhead18
09-22-2010, 11:25 AM
FWIW, Team Canada West released the evaluation camp roster for the 2010 World Junior A Challenge in November.

http://ajhl.ca/media/files/upload/CANADA_WEST_Eval_Camp_Roster_9r8.pdf

Im sure theres a couple names on the list RPI has there eyes on. The Canada East roster should be coming out soon, JL wont be able to participate this year being a '90 but im guessing both Spink brothers will be on it.

Jasma
09-22-2010, 12:20 PM
I thought we already had this discussion.....

This would not only throw off team chemistry, but we'd be kissing half a year of his eligibility goodbye.

Four years is four years. It makes no difference when it starts. If he could be the guy that makes the difference this year, then why wouldn't you want him now? Do you think Polacek, Helfrich and the other seniors would like to have a guy that might replace some of the lost offense down the stretch? There is no next year for these guys who suffered through a couple of tough seasons and have been the foundation of the rebuilding process. Besides, who knows if this guy will even stay four years.

FlagDUDE08
09-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Four years is four years. It makes no difference when it starts. If he could be the guy that makes the difference this year, then why wouldn't you want him now? Do you think Polacek, Helfrich and the other seniors would like to have a guy that might replace some of the lost offense down the stretch? There is no next year for these guys who suffered through a couple of tough seasons and have been the foundation of the rebuilding process. Besides, who knows if this guy will even stay four years.

JL is as small as Polacek; he'll be staying the entire four years should he decide to attend RPI.

As for four years being four years, the only thing I will say is: CCT.

Red Cloud
09-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Four years is four years. It makes no difference when it starts.

Not accurate. If he were to come in December, he'd be a sophomore next fall.

DrDemento
09-22-2010, 02:57 PM
JL is as small as Polacek; he'll be staying the entire four years should he decide to attend RPI.

As for four years being four years, the only thing I will say is: CCT.

Much as I would like to agree with you-JL would stay four years if his education was important to him. If he is coming just to play hockey and move on to another level, hard to predict how long he might stay. In any economy money talks and if he receives an offer that is considerable he might do as BP and JD'A did.

Jasma
09-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Much as I would like to agree with you-JL would stay four years if his education was important to him. If he is coming just to play hockey and move on to another level, hard to predict how long he might stay. In any economy money talks and if he receives an offer that is considerable he might do as BP and JD'A did.

Exactly my point. Predicting the future with 20-somethings is tricky at best. Seeing how long it took him to get "ready" to come to Troy, anything could happen.

As to Red Cloud's comment about him being a sophomore next fall; athletically he would be a second-semester freshman. He wouldn't be a sophomore until the spring semester. I don't think it matters, because you just don't know if he will stay the full four years anyway.

Red Cloud
09-22-2010, 03:48 PM
As to Red Cloud's comment about him being a sophomore next fall; athletically he would be a second-semester freshman.

He'll be a first-semester freshmen, because he's not coming in December.

Wicked Slappaahs
09-22-2010, 04:37 PM
FWIW, Team Canada West released the evaluation camp roster for the 2010 World Junior A Challenge in November.

http://ajhl.ca/media/files/upload/CANADA_WEST_Eval_Camp_Roster_9r8.pdf

Im sure theres a couple names on the list RPI has there eyes on....

So far, we know former BRO teammate Joey Laleggia is available, that is if he still intends on going D1.

Wicked Slappaahs
09-22-2010, 04:40 PM
DBQ scored three straight PPGs in the 2nd to defeat Omaha 4-3 in their Fall Classic opener.

Goals from Lundey, Saponari, Moor and Sooth.

http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/boxscore.html?gameid=1400519&refresh=1

Jasma
09-22-2010, 04:50 PM
He'll be a first-semester freshmen, because he's not coming in December.

Sadly, that is true. Would be nice to have another forward with his scoring touch for the stretch drive though.

Ralph Baer
09-22-2010, 05:01 PM
On Wednesday, the Dubuque Fighting Saints defeated the Omaha Lancers 4-3. Luke Curadi had no points or penalties. http://ushl.stats.pointstreak.com/boxscore.html?gameid=1400519

Curadi's line is now 2-0-0-0-17.

Possible target Vinny Saponari scored a goal.

Ralph Baer
09-22-2010, 05:02 PM
Jacob Laliberté C Cornwall Colts (CHL) 4- 7- 4- 11- 0 09/23/10
Luke Curadi LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL) 0- 0- 0- 0- 0 09/23/10

Women
Brianna Piper G Toronto Aeros (PWHL) 0- 0- 0-0-0.00-.000 10/02/10