X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Originally posted by babo View Post
    (FD08, please insert Cher slapping Nick Cage...)
    You're on your own for finding that one; I only do stuff from daytime TV.

Also, you did have "ye of little faith" spelling correct.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
      "I really don't mind Union that much because I hooked up w/ a girl from Union" thing like he did w Cornell
      No, that was me.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

RC, you're right I despise Union. I'm just hoping that FD08 isn't going to go into the whole "I really don't mind Union that much because I hooked up w/ a girl from Union" thing like he did w Cornell
        That is not the reason why I don't mind Cornell; I actually didn't mind Cornell well before I met her. Also, since my time at the 'tute, I've gotten over labeling people simply upon account of what brand they use; in the end, we all achieve the same goals, and I'm going to keep my acquaintances and hockey team differences separate.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          That is not the reason why I don't mind Cornell; I actually didn't mind Cornell well before I met her.
          *****http://i134.***********.com/albums/q109/StatMan79/GAH.gif******
          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

... It would be hard for me to believe it would be another college after we just put two guys in the pros.
            Really? It's not hard for me to believe it, after that school pushed you back a year (which you may have been ok with) but then the guy who recruited you to that school cut you from his USHL team, leaving you scrambling to find another team. That doesn't feel like love to me....

I'm just sayin'. Seth likely didn't have any control over the DBQ situation, but if the news is true, he's guilty by association with the feelings the Quinn's must have toward Monty.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Apologies if this was posted previously. Article from the Welland (Ont.) Tribune from a few days back with quotes from Koudys Sr. and Appert.

http://www.wellandtribune.ca/Article...aspx?e=2722166
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                Really? It's not hard for me to believe it, after that school pushed you back a year (which you may have been ok with) but then the guy who recruited you to that school cut you from his USHL team, leaving you scrambling to find another team. That doesn't feel like love to me....
                I thought Quinn was "cut" because Monty had to many imports. See ur point though. I'll take Vinny Saponari though
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Apologies if this was posted previously. Article from the Welland (Ont.) Tribune from a few days back with quotes from Koudys Sr. and Appert.

http://www.wellandtribune.ca/Article...aspx?e=2722166
                  You really did post about Koudys here.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I thought Quinn was "cut" because Monty had to many imports. See ur point though. I'll take Vinny Saponari though
                    That was why Quinn was cut. He thought that he would be allowed three, but he wasn't.

Does anyone know what schools are in the hunt for Saponari?
                    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-27-2010, 10:45 AM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I thought Quinn was "cut" because Monty had to many imports. See ur point though..
                      Yes, he was cut after he being paraded into town as one of Monty's cherished pre-draft tenders. Hence the insult.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Does anyone know what schools are in the hunt fo Saponari?
                        Do we know for sure that he is in fact, going back to school?

Comment

This whole Hockey Summit thing is a joke. As these guys meet the blood letting continues for College Hockey (see Nick Quinn). It would seem he is on his way to the O. Doesn't his dad run some hockey skill camp in Canuckistan, most likely pressure from that end to stay in Canada. I think you're going to see coaches stopping focusing on the blue chippers who will most likely bolt and turn to kids who intend on being part of the university experience. Paul Kelly not be invited to that joke of summit is not encouraging. NCAA has to address this issue in some way, recruiting rule changes, etc.
                          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            That was why Quinn was cut. He thought that he would be allowed three, but he wasn't.

Does anyone know what schools are in the hunt for Saponari?
                            The Saponari that was chucked from BU? I don't know much about him, but to get chucked from BU takes a lot!! That's a preety big red flag if you ask me.

Comment

Yes, he was cut after he being paraded into town as one of Monty's cherished pre-draft tenders. Hence the insult.
                              I would disagree with the "cut" assertion. The following quote is from Monty re: Quinn departure from DFS. "We weren't the only team to have this happen to," Montgomery said. "It's an unfortunate situation, and I feel bad about it, because we had big plans for Nick." The Quinn family may have taken it this way but realities of the situation seem to contradict that he was cut. Just saying

Source of quote
                              http://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=292665

Comment

Do we know for sure that he is in fact, going back to school?
                                Not sure but of course going to USHL keeps this option on the table.

Comment

Working...
                                X