This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota, version 2.0

Sorry but I have responsibilities beyond the caretaking of a giant whale turd, so I misunderstood.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      Here are some interesting stats from the first half of the season...

NCAA Leader in Wins for a Goaltender - Aaron Dell (13) Dell also leads the WCHA in conference GAA and Winning %.
      Matt Frattin leads the nation in goals with 18. Of those 18, only 2 are game winners. Brad Malone leads the Sioux with 3 game winners. 9 Sioux players have GWGs this year.
      Brad Malone is also putting up big numbers in other ways...he has 72 PIM, 2nd in the nation.
      Ben Blood is a +13 for the Sioux, tops on the team and tied for 8th in the nation. Only 3 Sioux have have a negative +/- rating (Gleason -3, Lamoureux -2, Kristo -1).
      North Dakota as a team is NOT in the top 10 nationally in offense, defense, powerplay, penalty kill or penalty minutes.
      Frattin is tied for the WCHA lead in conference points with Jason Zucker of DU w/19. He's 1 goal behind Zucker for WCHA goals.
      Chay Genoway leads the WCHA in points by defensemen in conference with 14.
      In WCHA play, North Dakota is 2nd offensively and t-1st defensively. We're also tied for 8th in penalty minutes.
      We kill teams in the 2nd and 3rd periods. In those two periods we've combined to outscore our opponents 38-20.
      I remember looking at the stats last year about this time and thinking that they couldn't be right. But they're not much different this year. One player in the top 50 in scoring (Frattin), one player in the top 30 in goals (Frattin) and none in the top 30 in assists. Team offense is 13th and team defense is 16th. PP is 26th at 18.87% and PK is 11th at 85.6%. My translation is everyone is getting the job done.
      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
        Too bad I won't be in town, it'd be fun to meet up with everyone. Except Dirty.
        your once a year Dirty fix is enough?
        Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Maple Leafs article on Frattin and his return to UND:

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news....id=DL|TOR|home

And a CHN article on the trio of Frattin/Malone/Trupp:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...B_OEM_ID=13500
          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Is the new recruit from Manitoba in school and practicing with the team?
            A Fan of the UND Fighting Sioux!! Sioux the NCAA!

Comment

Originally posted by siouxinminny View Post
              Is the new recruit from Manitoba in school and practicing with the team?
              I hope he is practicing with the team. However, it is a bit unsettling when you go to UND's roster and Taylor Dickin is listed as a player but there is no Bio and no photo yet.

http://www.fightingsiou*****/SportSe...05&SPSID=58685
              "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

The NCAA apparently now approves of hostility and abuse.

Sioux streaking

*****http://gra.midco.net/pcmiller/Sioux_NCAAsite-800.jpg******
                Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Originally posted by PCM View Post
                  I'm shocked they would put the "Sioux" name on the NCAA website, shocked I say!
                  sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                    I hope he is practicing with the team. However, it is a bit unsettling when you go to UND's roster and Taylor Dickin is listed as a player but there is no Bio and no photo yet.
                    They just added him a week ago or so, so maybe it takes some time to add the pic and bio.
                    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Who would have thought? Hmm...

Also, a CHN article on Aaron Dell:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...t_and_runs.php

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Sioux streaking
                        Yes, when it is convenient for them.
                        License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

Bump.

I saw Robert Morris once already this year. But it was football and they got beat by the NDSU Bison in Fargo. I suspect there is not much interest in this weekend's series in Grand Forks. So, let's look forward to the Gophers visiting!
                          A Fan of the UND Fighting Sioux!! Sioux the NCAA!

Comment

Since it appears no thread is going to be started for the series.

Colonials are people not mascots!!!

On the weekend MMFF outscores Bob 3-2
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by siouxinminny View Post
                              I suspect there is not much interest in this weekend's series in Grand Forks.
                              Good deal for me, it meant tickets were both available and relatively inexpensive.
                              sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                                Good deal for me, it meant tickets were both available and relatively inexpensive.
                                Be sure to wave for the cameras - I will be watching.
                                Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Working...
                                X