X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota, version 2.0

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    I like your optomism, but I don't see 35 wins. They're at 13 now, and would just about need to run the table to get to 35. Of course, I had them at 12 wins at the end of the first half so what do I know?
    Agreed, 35 is a bit out there. Basically, if we beat Duluth we have to win 13 of the final 16, win the Broadmoor and National Championship. That would get us to 35. It's probably on the same lines of odds as Frattin getting 40 goals. Saying that, we should get to 30 wins this season. Also, FWIW, the max amount of wins we could get is 38. I see us getting somewhere between 30-32 wins this season, but I really don't care how many wins so long as we bring home #8. Should be a fun second half of the season for the Sioux.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      Well, a win is a win. We played a bit lethargic throughout much of the game, but Frattin got the boys going finally in the third. With Duluth losing, we are now in our rightful spot at the top of the WCHA Hopefully tomorrow they come out with a bit more spark and take control of the game from the beginning.
      Did anyone else think the ice was ****ty? The Sioux and Maverick players were falling all over the ice and they weren't diving...
      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
      Eric's Twitter
      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
        Did anyone else think the ice was ****ty? The Sioux and Maverick players were falling all over the ice and they weren't diving...
        I guess I noticed a number of players falling, but I'm not sure it was ice related. They did have that problem with the ice between UND's two goals 11 seconds apart on Friday.

Didn't the Mav's women's team play in the afternoon before the men's game? If so, it shouldn't have been too bad.

I'll be candid, I thought they were pretty crappy games to watch. It just reminded me how much I hate Olympic rinks. If you get a team with no real talent up front, but some skilled and experienced defensemen, it ends up just being a chase the puck festival.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          I guess I noticed a number of players falling, but I'm not sure it was ice related. They did have that problem with the ice between UND's two goals 11 seconds apart on Friday.

Didn't the Mav's women's team play in the afternoon before the men's game? If so, it shouldn't have been too bad.

I'll be candid, I thought they were pretty crappy games to watch. It just reminded me how much I hate Olympic rinks. If you get a team with no real talent up front, but some skilled and experienced defensemen, it ends up just being a chase the puck festival.
          I think the break where they brought out the Fire extinguisher and worked on the ice for 5 minutes actually helped out the Sioux because they went down and scored right away... That was awesome... I do hate olympic sheets of ice, I think they slow down the game.
          Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
          Eric's Twitter
          The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

This isn't D1 hockey news but I couldn't resist.

http://www.minotdailynews.com/page/c....html?nav=5016

MSU (Minot State University) downed NDSU 17-2 Sunday at the All Seasons Arena, scoring the first five and final 10 goals of the game.

The Beavers scored 27 goals in two games against the Bison,...
            "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
              This isn't D1 hockey news but I couldn't resist.

http://www.minotdailynews.com/page/c....html?nav=5016

Minot State must be going DI
              sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Also, FWIW, the max amount of wins we could get is 38.
                38-5-2

Looks good to me!
                'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rane View Post
                  38-5-2

Looks good to me!

If they could pull it off, they'd be known as one of the greatest teams in college hockey history, and could challenge the Hrkac Circus for the best North Dakota team of all-time.

If we're going to dream, we might as well have Frattin score 60 goals, and beat BC 100-0 in the NCAA Title game
                  North Dakota

Comment

If they could pull it off, they'd be known as one of the greatest teams in college hockey history, and could challenge the Hrkac Circus for the best North Dakota team of all-time.

If we're going to dream, we might as well have Frattin score 60 goals, and beat BC 100-0 in the NCAA Title game
                    This all seems plausible except for the beating BC 100-0 part. Everyone knows Yale already has their ticket punched for the National Championship game.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Yale is hard to tell, they obviously have four great goal scorers and are a good team but I don't know about GREAT just yet with the teams they have played. They really should have scheduled non-conference games with someone other than bus ride away and that sits in the top 10. I guess we will see come nationals. GO SIOUX!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kooshnitz View Post
                        Yale is hard to tell, they obviously have four great goal scorers and are a good team but I don't know about GREAT just yet with the teams they have played. They really should have scheduled non-conference games with someone other than bus ride away and that sits in the top 10. I guess we will see come nationals. GO SIOUX!
                        UND's Saturday night game vs tGoofs will be their 26th game of the season which is Jan 15, is the total number of games Yale has scheduled all year, pathetic.
                        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                        Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                        The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                          UND's Saturday night game vs tGoofs will be their 26th game of the season which is Jan 15, is the total number of games Yale has scheduled all year, pathetic.
                          Yale has 29 games scheduled this year. Also, Ivy League teams limit themselves to the number of games they schedule. That's why they typically start about a month or so later than the other schools.
                          North Dakota

Comment

Yale has 29 games scheduled this year. Also, Ivy League teams limit themselves to the number of games they schedule. That's why they typically start about a month or so later than the other schools.
                            Plus then they don't have to play any good teams.
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                              Minot State must be going DI
                              YES! If the following post is correct and Minot is currently transitioning into NCAA DII hockey then DI is the next step after DII.

Originally posted by Star2City View Post
                              The WCHA's McLeod mentioned on TV during a period break at a UND game, that he had discussions with Minnesota State-Moorhead and Minot State joining, in the event the Minnesota and Wisconsin leave. Minot State is one year ahead of Lindenwood in their NAIA to Division II transition. MSU-Moorhead would likely add a team now if they could get in a league.
                              Minot State has an interesting roster. It is stocked mostly with recruits from western Canada. Looks as if they are already offering scholarships. Seems like they could transition into DI if they have an arena and could get into a conference.
                              Last edited by SoCalSiouxFan; 12-14-2010, 01:36 AM.
                              "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Sorry I got hasty, getting tired of seeing the Yale threads. I've never seen such idiocy than those threads except anything that was spawned from hokydad or osorojo.
                                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Working...
                                X