X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota, version 2.0

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
    Why? North Dakota only.
    Your statement doesn't make any sense... can you clarify it?

Comment

Originally posted by UNDNorthStars View Post
      Your statement doesn't make any sense... can you clarify it?
      no nickname

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
        Christmas came early. ...besides everyone knows EJ is the star on that team and STL will be just fine without TJ Fatty.

Kristy - 1 goal in 10 games....remember when all you susie fans took shots at Jordan Schroeder this time last year for his slow start?....karama.... By your logic Hak must not be able to develop players very well!

Kristy will never come close to the level of success Jordan will have in the NHL.
        Prozac would really help you... You also seem to be suffering from delusions of grandeur...
        Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
        Eric's Twitter
        The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Nice weekend vs. Wisconsin.

In post game comments Wisconsin coach Eaves their players had positive things to say about North Dakota hockey.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...111410aaa.html

COACH EAVES

On North Dakota’s experience: “They got to time and space better than we did. That was one of the things we were coaching on the bench. We spent too much time gliding rather than striding and getting there. Their back pressure was really good, and great teams do that nowadays. I look at their team, and in many ways, that was us last year. An older, veteran, experienced team that had repetitions of the type of things that are going to help them be successful.”

On being surprised by lack of shots throughout the game:
          “Yeah, I thought we could create more going into the weekend, but seeing the way North Dakota back pressured, where they didn’t give us anything from the rush, and how well they fronted the puck in their own zone. They blocked a lot of shots. It reminded me of the championship game against BC (Boston College).”
          Michael Mersch

On comparing this weekend to previous weekends:
          “North Dakota’s a big strong team. But pinch down the walls, and I think their physicality got the better of us. And we need to learn from it and move on.”
          "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

INCH Poll Sioux at #6

http://insidecollegehockey.com/5Poll...polls_0907.htm

Interesting to note that 3 of the top 6 teams (UMD, UNO, and UND) have a Head Coach that was once an Assistant Coach at North Dakota.

Just seems to validate and add credibility to the North Dakota hockey program and style of play doesn't it.
            Last edited by SoCalSiouxFan; 11-15-2010, 12:51 PM.
            "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Blais vs Hakstol this weekend.
              Should be interesting.

I watched UNO vs the Gophers earlier...UNO looks fast and skilled.
              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                Blais vs Hakstol this weekend.
                Should be interesting.

I watched UNO vs the Gophers earlier...UNO looks fast and skilled.
                Doesn't everyone when they play the Gophers?
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  Doesn't everyone when they play the Gophers?
                  Nice. That's true.
                  I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Any word on possible suspensions of Hextall or Gleason by the league?
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

That decision is made at Thursday's happy hour.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        Any word on possible suspensions of Hextall or Gleason by the league?
                        I am going to say no, we would have heard something by now, wouldn't you think? Someone asked Brad about it on his blog. But who knows maybe Shepturd and his band of buffoons will meet about it this week over happy hour and render a decision by Thursday. Personally I see no reason either player should be suspended, not every major penalty has to be reviewed or should result in a suspension. I am still waiting for a decision on the Beu Bennett elbow and why he wasn't suspened for putting Romney (sp) out with a concussion.
                        Eric's Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by jk View Post
                          That decision is made at Thursday's happy hour.
                          Having talked to Greg Shepherd in the Green Mill a few years back after he has had a few It wouldn't surprise me one bit. Let me just say that he didn't hold anything back.
                          Eric's Twitter

Comment

Good Intl tourneys for UND recruits recently (from Brad):

U18 Four Nations

The Americans rallied from a 4-1 first-period deficit to beat host Sweden in a shootout to capture the gold with a 5-4 victory.

Both of UND’s recruits had great tournaments.

Rocco Grimaldi was named the tournament’s best forward. He finished with three goals and three assists in three games, which tied for tops on the team. Grimaldi also scored the team’s lone goal in a 3-1 loss to Sweden in an exhibition game prior to the tournament.

J.T. Miller scored a goal in the championship game and finished the tournament with two goals and two assists for four points in three games. Miller also had the lone assist on Grimaldi’s goal in the exhibition.

U17 Four Nations

The Americans cruised through the field in suburban Chicago to win the title.

UND recruit Miles Koules was the team’s leading scorer with five goals and two assists in four games. Fellow Sioux recruit Stefan Matteau didn’t have any points.

Former NTDP media relations coordinator Chris Peters was at the tournament doing radio work. He posted scouting reports on all of the U.S. players on his Twitter account.

On Koules: “Finds space well, creates scoring chances. Scores big goals, made linemates better. Pretty much all offense.”

On Matteau: “Tough to evaluate. Skilled, solid on skates. Disappeared at times, but there’s something there. High ceiling.”

Also of note, Peters said that defenseman Seth Jones, who currently is uncommitted, was the best player on the ice in every game. Jones will be a strong target of the WHL’s Everett Silvertips, but his brother is playing at Denver. He’s the son of former NBA player Popeye Jones.

World Junior A Challenge

UND had a total of seven recruits at the event in Penticton.

The Americans scored three times in the third period to beat Canada East for the title 6-4.

For the Americans, Sioux forward recruit Colten St. Clair finished tied for fifth in scoring with three assists in four games. Fellow forward recruit Mike Parks finished tied for second with two goals in four games.

Defenseman recruit Nick Mattson had two assists, while fellow defenseman recruit Jordan Schmaltz finished with one assist.

Goalie recruit Zane Gothberg finished the tournament with a 3-0 record, a 2.05 goals-against average and a .929 save percentage.

For Canada West, Sioux recruit Mark MacMillan tied for the team lead in goals with two. Fellow Sioux recruit and Penticton Vee Brendan O’Donnell had two assists in five games.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

The stats make last night look like another pretty rough outing for Brad. Anyone who had a chance to see the game with any insight or opinions?
                              sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                                The stats make last night look like another pretty rough outing for Brad. Anyone who had a chance to see the game with any insight or opinions?
                                The third goal was the weakest of the 4 he gave up. Also, on the 4th he should have done a better job with the rebound and that would have likely avoided the goal. The first two weren't stellar goals by any means, but Brad didn't get much help from his defense. Overall it wasn't a very good performance. I would rate it a D+ to C-. He did make a couple of good saves in the 1st though.

For some reason, the Sioux play much, much better in front of Dell than they do Eidsness. Given that reason, I would expect to see Dell in the nets until Hakstol has a reason to do otherwise.
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X