X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota, version 2.0

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    UND's schedule is brutal for quite some time.

Denver, Duluth, Wisconsin, Omaha, Notre Dame, SCSU are our next 6 opponents. Ouch. It isn't until mid-Dec that UND plays a team that was expected to finish in the bottom 3-4 of the WCHA (MSUM on Dec 10-11).

In fact, the predicted bottom three teams in the WCHA (MSUM, MTU, and UAA) are only played once each (series) this season.

If UND is 3-4+ games above .500 when 2011 hits, I'd be impressed, especially considering how typically slow Hakstol-led teams have started.
    Gut check time already.
    Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
    Eric's Twitter
    The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Nice, 5 UND recruits make it on the USA WJAC team!

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=85102

Five Sioux recruits will play for the U.S. at the World Junior A Challenge, which will be held in Penticton, B.C., on Nov. 8-14.

Goalie Zane Gothberg, defensemen Nick Mattson and Jordan Schmaltz and forwards Mike Parks and Colten St. Clair will suit up for the Americans at the tournament. All five currently play in the USHL. Gothberg and St. Clair play for Fargo, Mattson for Indiana, Parks for Cedar Rapids and Schmaltz for Sioux City.

The Americans are the two-time defending champs in the tournament. In 2008, UND’s Mike Cichy was the MVP.
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

UND drops to 8th in the latest USCHO poll.

Somewhere, ECACHL Writer is getting his panties in a bunch that they are even ranked that high.
        He's probably thinking..."I took them completely off my ballot, how could they still be up in 8th????".

I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Make that seven...

Make that seven Sioux recruits in the World Junior A Challenge.

In addition to the five that will play for Team USA (see earlier post), forwards Brendan O’Donnell and Mark MacMillan will play for Canada West in the tournament, which will be held in Penticton, B.C., in November.

O’Donnell and MacMillan also play junior hockey in Penticton, so they should be fan favorites at the event.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

All I can say about last weekend is ouch! But its the first half of the season, if we didn't have our struggles something would be wrong.
            sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Wow, Hakstol and Co are continuing to land some very good USNTDP forward recruits.
              Two more today, according to Heisenberg...

Welcome aboard JT Miller (USA U18) and Stefan Matteau (USA U17)!
              Miller visited with his buddy Rocco Grimaldi a few months ago, and now they are both committed to UND for 2011.
              Matteau is probably a 2012 recruit.

Here's an article from earlier this year on Matteau:
              The Hockey News: Matteau

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Here is the article on Miller's commitment from the Herald:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even.../group/Sports/

Miller, a 6-foot-1, 198-pound forward from East Palestine, Ohio, chose UND over the Plymouth Whalers of the Ontario Hockey League.

“It’s the best place in hockey for me,” Miller said. “It’s the best place in the country for hockey players to develop for a career after college. They have a great record with players getting drafted and going to the NHL. That’s all I want to do when I grow up.

“It also provides the opportunity to get an education.”

UND now has verbals from the top two scorers on last year’s Under-17 team. This summer, star forward Rocco Grimaldi chose UND over Notre Dame and Denver. Grimaldi and Miller visited UND during the spring.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

http://ushl.com/news/story.cfm?id=3512

Quite the list:

Miller and Matteau are joined by Team USA teammates Rocco Grimaldi and Miles Koules who are also committed to attend the University of North Dakota. Eight other USHL players are also committed to play hockey at the school; Michael Parks (Cedar Rapids RoughRiders), Danny Mattson (Chicago Steel), Zane Gothberg (Fargo Force), Colten St. Clair (Fargo Force), Nick Mattson (Indiana Ice), and Jordan Schmaltz (Sioux City Musketeers).

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                    What makes me really happy about all this is the players giving high praise to the Sioux program. It is obvious this program is still one of the premier places to play in the country.
                    Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

The Eagle is getting inducted into the UND HOF this weekend. He'll drop the puck on Friday's DU/UND game:

Each member of the Sioux men's hockey team will wear customized No. 29 Ed Belfour jerseys during the pre-game warmup on Friday. The jerseys will be autographed by Belfour and taken to the Sioux Shop immediately following the warm-up and will be on sale for $199.29 each. Proceeds from the jerseys, which were donated by the Sioux Shop, will be donated to the Perry Nakonechny Fund and the Fighting Sioux Men's Hockey Scholarship Endowment fund.
                      http://www.fightingsiou*****/ViewArt...CLID=205019617

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

09-10 team autographed stick is only at $110 in the Chris Garner (UMD equipment manager medical bills) auction - BID! http://server2.maxanet.com/cgi-bin/m...i?oberman2/150

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                        HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                        HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

GF Herald article on Stefan Matteau's commitment:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even.../group/Sports/

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Enjoy Fighting Sioux Hockey Videos on My Youtube

Comment

We got some major issues. That third period was brutal. Too many icing calls resulting in chances in our own end..;. hangin on...
                              'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rane View Post
                                We got some major issues. That third period was brutal. Too many icing calls resulting in chances in our own end..;. hangin on...
                                I would say that DU's 2nd period was more brutal than our 3rd.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X