This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota, version 2.0

Speaking of Grimaldi, it will be interesting to see how he (and fellow Sioux recruit Miles Koules) do against DU & CC this weekend during the U18 exhibitions.

Hopefully he lights the lamp a couple times and gives those teams a preview of what's in store over the next couple seasons.
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Triple post.

For those interested in spending their whole afternoon on Sunday watching Sioux hockey, I noticed that FCS-Central is airing the following back-to-back-to-back:

2010 WCHA Final Five Championship Replay: SCSU vs UND
      UND Women vs BU
      UND vs Manitoba exhibition

I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
        Triple post.

For those interested in spending their whole afternoon on Sunday watching Sioux hockey, I noticed that FCS-Central is airing the following back-to-back-to-back:

2010 WCHA Final Five Championship Replay: SCSU vs UND
        UND Women vs BU
        UND vs Manitoba exhibition

That's a bit much for me. Sioux women looked good today beating BU.
        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          Pretty stupid. Sloe Gin asked earlier what types of things can derail a team. Stupid behavior is one. Let's hope Danny learned his lesson.
          considering some of the things that have happened with our team in the past few years, I'll take Kristo getting a minor any day. But you're right. As they said in Oceans 11. You lose focus in this game for one second and someone gets hurt.
          Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
            considering some of the things that have happened with our team in the past few years, I'll take Kristo getting a minor any day. But you're right. As they said in Oceans 11. You lose focus in this game for one second and someone gets hurt.
            So you're saying it was Chay's fault? YOU BATIGE!!!
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              Plus, it's not really the same comparing Lowell and North Dakota...no offense.
              Well, Lowell and UND both get smoked by BC on a regular basis.

(Not trying to compare the programs, it seems that Grimaldi and Melchiori have the same publicist or something)
              Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

The Prince of Liechtenstein, as RWD and I have dubbed him, won't back out on his commitment I don't think.
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                  Well, Lowell and UND both get smoked by BC on a regular basis.

(Not trying to compare the programs, it seems that Grimaldi and Melchiori have the same publicist or something)
                  FWIW, the Sioux own the head-to-head matchup against BC 11-10-1, despite a recent lack of success. They could meet up again in St. Paul if BC doesn't crap the bed like they usually do the season after winning it all.

They are also 2-0-0 against Brown
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Stop using facts and let him have his little love affair with BC. It gives him a hard-on when he thinks about the Eagles beating UND. Being a Brown fan, it's all he really has, so just let him be.
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                      That's a bit much for me. Sioux women looked good today beating BU.
                      I watched the 3rd period, looked good except towards the end.

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                        I watched the 3rd period, looked good except towards the end.
                        haha, you watched womens hockey!
                        Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Game day!!

Fighting Sioux college hockey preview from the GF Herald is online:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/pages/undhockeypreview

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Game day!!
                            For those NDU fans that can't make it out, or not in Grand Forks, Tonight's game is on the FSSN and FCS! (in pregame now).

Nice to see #5 in the lineup again! Awesome he came back to finish an amazing Fighting Sioux Career!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                              Stop using facts and let him have his little love affair with BC. It gives him a hard-on when he thinks about the Eagles beating UND. Being a Brown fan, it's all he really has, so just let him be.
                              I read this a few years ago but it seems appropriate...Brown is the color of my poop...thank you.
                              License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

Speaking of Grimaldi, it will be interesting to see how he (and fellow Sioux recruit Miles Koules) do against DU & CC this weekend during the U18 exhibitions.

Hopefully he lights the lamp a couple times and gives those teams a preview of what's in store over the next couple seasons.
                                Looks like he picked up a single assist as the U18 team got crushed in Colorado this weekend.

I watched most of last night's game. A couple of things that stuck out, for me, in a game that was about what you'd expect from an opening 60 minutes of the season.

First, I was impressed by Forbort's play. Candidly, unless there are injuries, Joe Gleason will not see any ice time on D this year. There is not way you sit Forbort for any games.

It looked to me like Mike Cichy played with a lot more poise and confidence than last year. He will be a real nice addition if he can contribute regularily.

Hak has really taken to the forward on the point of the pp concept. With the return of Kristo, I expect both the 1st and 2nd pp teams will go that route. I love Frattin's shot back there, but I can see some liability too. He did a nice job using his speed to get back and prevent a breakaway shorthanded chance in the 2nd period last night, but during that same period made a real bad play on the point that lead to a big shorthanded odd man breakaway that Manitoba failed to score on only because of the incompetence of the wing carrying the puck.

I also think we're going to see some very nice things from Nelson. He didn't seem overmatched at all out there. Would have loved to see him score on that play up the middle where he dove and chipped the puck all in one motion, only to get robbed on a great glove save.

The cupcake appetizer is over. We now jump immediately to the meat of the schedule. Let's go to Alaska and get a couple of non-conf wins right away.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X