Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    A grandson of Bobby Baun may play for Cornwall if he doesn't go to the OHL. That makes me feel old. http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2727492
    You and me both. It doesn't seem that long ago that I was watching Bobby play.
    To get the subject back to the current RPI roster, any thoughts on the two players that would have been watching from the stands that will now be in the line up?
    The lines will be very different than what was discussed earlier this summer.
    With the loss of about 100 points on offense, we will need to concentrate a little more on the defensive zone.
    Any thoughts on those subjects?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
      Isn't there some sort of prohibition against this type of "fraternizing" with the enemy? I would defer to my brothers at The First Church. If there is not a commandment on this one maybe one should be made up
      We're probably not the best to defer to on this one. My brother, who officially moved in to Barton yesterday, has a girlfriend who attends Cornell now. Another one of the founding members of the First Church has a brother who attends this 'institution.'

We reserve much of our hatred for Clarkson. For some reason, they think we're the safety school...
      Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        To get the subject back to the current RPI roster, any thoughts on the two players that would have been watching from the stands that will now be in the line up?
        The lines will be very different than what was discussed earlier this summer.
        With the loss of about 100 points on offense, we will need to concentrate a little more on the defensive zone.
        Any thoughts on those subjects?
        My guess is that both Tinordi and Burgdoerfer will be in the lineup more-or-less regularly, while earlier one would usually be in the stands. The other could be Halpern or maybe Lee. I'd guess is that Smith, Lee, and Rabbani will usually be the odd ones out.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

My guess is that both Tinordi and Burgdoerfer will be in the lineup more-or-less regularly, while earlier one would usually be in the stands. The other could be Halpern or maybe Lee. I'd guess is that Smith, Lee, and Rabbani will usually be the odd ones out.
          I'm going to disagree on Lee and I think also Rabbani part-wise, at least for the conference play. You really need that forward toughness, and although his freshman season was a little slow, I think Lee will step up on a checking line. If anything, Rabbani and Halpern will probably be interchanged depending on who our opponent is on a given evening. After that, your guess is as good as mine; we'll have to see how the new recruits do.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            I'm going to disagree on Lee and I think also Rabbani part-wise, at least for the conference play. You really need that forward toughness, and although his freshman season was a little slow, I think Lee will step up on a checking line. If anything, Rabbani and Halpern will probably be interchanged depending on who our opponent is on a given evening. After that, your guess is as good as mine; we'll have to see how the new recruits do.
            So, which three do you think will usually not dress for conference games? All 15 have talents, but on any given night three won't dress.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

If RC posted it, I somehow missed his Yale article yesterday http://www.withoutapeer.com/2010/08/...nemy-yale.html.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

So, which three do you think will usually not dress for conference games? All 15 have talents, but on any given night three won't dress.
                Rabbani/Halpern is a definite. Smith I only see playing maybe during Union or Clarkson. We'd really have to see how Tyler Helfrich is skating early on.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                  Interesting article from Damien Cox of Toronto Star re: World Hockey Summit and the poaching of NCAA players. JDA mentioned.
                  http://www.thestar.com/article/85204...af-ear-to-ncaa
                  Interesting article, college hockey appears to be in a tough spot. I am not sure if adding more division 1 programs is going to help or hurt. If poaching of US players by CHL continues, adding more D1 programs will only dilute the talent pool.

Comment

I hesitate to read it....has Ed figured out that Rockford isn't a neighborhood in Chicago?
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Article on InCH about Bentley's Dan Koudys incorrectly states that Patrick is his brother. http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...23/a-z-koudys/
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Rabbani/Halpern is a definite. Smith I only see playing maybe during Union or Clarkson. We'd really have to see how Tyler Helfrich is skating early on.
                        I pretty much agree with what you say.
                        We are definitely going to need to be more aware of our defensive coverages, as we will just not have the puck possession that we would have had.
                        Forwards are going to need to be more defense oriented.
                        The defensive corps is pretty young, and they will need a lot of help.
                        I believe that we will have to have a very good transition game if we are to have a successful season.
                        Rabbani and Halpern are better defensive players and should get more of the ice time. JMO
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          I hesitate to read it....has Ed figured out that Rockford isn't a neighborhood in Chicago?
                          It isn't stated one way or the other.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

FWIW, I am able to have civilized discussions with Cornell fans on USCHO. They may look down on us for having gone to a tech school...
                            Which is always amusing seeing as how in any given year, about half their players attend the hotel school...
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              I pretty much agree with what you say.
                              We are definitely going to need to be more aware of our defensive coverages, as we will just not have the puck possession that we would have had.
                              Forwards are going to need to be more defense oriented.
                              The defensive corps is pretty young, and they will need a lot of help.
                              I believe that we will have to have a very good transition game if we are to have a successful season.
                              Rabbani and Halpern are better defensive players and should get more of the ice time. JMO
                              As we all know, Appert's run and gun style leaves open the chance for odd man rushes...comes with the territory. So yes, the forwards better be ready for sprints back down the ice..and York will need to be on his game, which I expect he will be.

I think Burger Jr., Rabbani, Malchuk & Co. will need to set the tone in neutral ice to keep opponents honest...the expectation needs to be that opposing puck carriers expect to be hit ...keeping the "figure skating" to a minimum..which we did to perfection in the two games vs. Yale.

Comment

A grandson of Bobby Baun may play for Cornwall if he doesn't go to the OHL. That makes me feel old. http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2727492
                                I now don't just feel old-I realize I am old. A grandson?
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X