Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    The most I've seen is 56, and that was against Becker.

As for "being gassed", it's not just the games, you also have to figure in the practices. How hard is Coach working these guys behind closed doors?
    This was the year before I got to Troy-The worst loss I can recall.(1962)
    Sep. 29 Vermont L 6-82 Troy
    Both Ralph and I recall what RPI football was like in the early to mid 60's. The school had gone through a 43 game winless streak (just one tie with Nicholls College in that streak). I am not sure what our biggest margin of victory was but I do remember most of those losses back then. (Jenny reminded me that we once scored 69 in 1995 against somebody.)
    Last edited by DrDemento; 09-18-2010, 11:37 AM.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
      I just took a look at last years stats and came to the conclusion that scoring is going to be hard to come by this year.I am however not going to wet the bed over it

Here goes. With Pirri, D`amigo and keirns on the team and playing regularly RPI was 5 wins 5 ties and 15 losses in games where RPI scored three or fewer goals. Of the combined 20 ties and losses RPI blew a lead at some point in the game 10 times. It is hard to believe that RPI will be better offensively without those three so that is going to put a ton of pressure on the Defense and goaltending. The bright side of all these seemingly negative stats is that despite a poor record in low scoring games RPI was a mere 2 points away from a first round bye that I felt strongly at the time and still feel would have made a huge difference in the post season last year. Modest improvement from all departments would probably get us the bye and a much better chance at making it to Atlantic City.Significant regression in any area will likely get us last years playoff results.
      Thanks jstadts for clarifying what I was trying to say.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Tickets for Colorado on the way . I e-mailed Doug Stoyer per your info hope it goes thru. Sec 215 fri note but then I splurged Sec 217 Sat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          From Pete Pedone:

I substiituted _at_ for @ in the email address.
          Need a better e mail address please
          Thanks

Comment

Football final-RPI stayed close for one half and then just could not score and lost 42-21. The secondary gave up several long pass completions. Coach King will have a lot to work to do with this team or we are looking at a long season.

Comment

Originally posted by Havasu M View Post
              Need a better e mail address please
              Thanks
              I'll just put in spaces around the @ this time.

colorado_chapter @ alum.rpi.edu

That's the address that was given. If it doesn't work, try contacting Pete Pedone.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Football final-RPI stayed close for one half and then just could not score and lost 42-21. The secondary gave up several long pass completions. Coach King will have a lot to work to do with this team or we are looking at a long season.
                A bad football season means good a hockey season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  A bad football season means good a hockey season.
                  Thank you for saying it first. However we did have a winning football record the year of the 2nd National Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Thank you for saying it first. However we did have a winning football record the year of the 2nd National Championship.
                    Non compos mentis.
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Someone went back and fixed the roster pictures so you can actually see their faces now! Vast improvement over the first versions they uploaded.

http://rpiathletics.com/roster.aspx?path=hockey
                      RPI Class of 2012
                      Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
                        Someone went back and fixed the roster pictures so you can actually see their faces now! Vast improvement over the first versions they uploaded.

http://rpiathletics.com/roster.aspx?path=hockey
                        Hey did Coach get a buzz cut. He must be serious about his year. BTW - I am predicting that Coach will have his best year behind the bench. Maybe even Coach of the Year honors. Wait ... Fat Mike will lobby against him because SA doesn't play bull**** trap.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          Doesn't matter-and yes Becker was one of the schools they played-even if you are playing Russell Sage-it still isn't easy to put up 78 points on anyone these days. Utica is not the doormat they once were and they will give us the first real test. BTW we were outgained overall last week by Endicott. (and I don't recall us ever scoring 78 in all the years I have followed RPI football)
                          Dr. D, it appears that the highest score an RPI football team ever rang up in a game was a 77-0 victory against St. Stephen's in 1909.

Didn't realize you went back quite that far, but your memory is accurate, as always.

Interestingly, that 1909 team did not score as many as 10 points in any other game that year.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                            Dr. D, it appears that the highest score an RPI football team ever rang up in a game was a 77-0 victory against St. Stephen's in 1909.

Didn't realize you went back quite that far, but your memory is accurate, as always.

Interestingly, that 1909 team did not score as many as 10 points in any other game that year.
                            I actually remember the dates pretty far back better than the past few years-typical of the aging process. I try to forget about the football scores in the early to mid 60's-we were just plain horrible. And of course I like to forget about the 65-66 hockey season. I go back only as far as 1963 though. Thanks for finding the score of 1909-I did not know we had such an offense back then-I had thought most scores were like 7-6 in the old days.

Comment

In honor of and Sierra Vadner, today is 19 September 2010. There are 16 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October for the start of next season.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-19-2010, 11:04 PM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

You need to get over it, Ralph.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X