Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Offense will be fine. defense will be better. No dis to Brutlag but the offense will be better with him all year and the defense will be better without him. As everyone has mentioned AAG Cullen Helfich & co will have to pick it up. I think we will be pleasantly surprised with Freshmen scoring not to the extent of Piiri & D'Amigo but there are a lot of them and some one or two will shine. D will be much more mobile and a bigger help on the PP. The most significant factor not mentioned is that the league seems to be weak esp in scoring. Harvard w/o Louie L Cornell w/o Nash and grads will be scrambling for any goals. SLU lost a lot. Brown for all its late season playoff success has to replace Volpatti and a third of their weak offense. Yale will score but needs a Goalie & d and after them nobody really stands out. If RPI improves 2 pts we are looking at home ice . IMO

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by Havasu M View Post
      Offense will be fine. defense will be better. No dis to Brutlag but the offense will be better with him all year and the defense will be better without him. As everyone has mentioned AAG Cullen Helfich & co will have to pick it up. I think we will be pleasantly surprised with Freshmen scoring not to the extent of Piiri & D'Amigo but there are a lot of them and some one or two will shine. D will be much more mobile and a bigger help on the PP. The most significant factor not mentioned is that the league seems to be weak esp in scoring. Harvard w/o Louie L Cornell w/o Nash and grads will be scrambling for any goals. SLU lost a lot. Brown for all its late season playoff success has to replace Volpatti and a third of their weak offense. Yale will score but needs a Goalie & d and after them nobody really stands out. If RPI improves 2 pts we are looking at home ice . IMO
      Good point about the league overall being weak in scoring.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In honor of Justin Smith and Clare Padmore, today is 18 September 2010. There are 17 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October for the start of next season.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Just had a chance to listen to the 2nd half of the podcast (first half I heard live), and once again, a terrific job. Gary seemed a little soft compared to Tom in volume, but as always, the content I found to be very informative. Nona's name certainly will be a mouthful.

Comment

For those interested-RPI football on the road today at 1PM. Real test for the young defense coming up as Utica has scored 78 and 59 in their first 2 games. WRPI will be broadcasting the game as usual. RPI is currently 1-0 after defeating Endicott 6-3 last week.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              For those interested-RPI football on the road today at 1PM. Real test for the young defense coming up as Utica has scored 78 and 59 in their first 2 games. WRPI will be broadcasting the game as usual. RPI is currently 1-0 after defeating Endicott 6-3 last week.
              Who the heck were they playing if they put up 78 and 59...the Utica school for the Blind and Turning Stone Tech?
              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                Who the heck were they playing if they put up 78 and 59...the Utica school for the Blind and Turning Stone Tech?
                Probably Becker, and they took a knee on the punt again.

Comment

Endicott ??? RPI playing high school teams ???
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by Havasu M View Post
                    Havasu, Excellent point regarding nearly the whole league looking to be scoring starved and the one team that doesn`t[Yale} has its own issues to deal with between the pipes.
                    I didn`t seperate league games from non league games in my prior post but recall that the scoring production faded as the season wound down. I am a SA fan but felt that last year he over used his go to guys early in the year and they were gassed turning for home. I hope and suspect this year the playing time will be more evenly distributed at least during the first half of the year. I hate to see guys in the line up who aren`t producing or have lost their jump especially in the area of helping out in the defensive zone. I think it kills morale for the guys in the stands and does nothing to motivate the entitled ones who are in the line up no matter what they do or don`t do. At times last year it seemed painfuly obvious that what Seth preached about earning ice time to play wasn`t true. It seemed like the guys who had showed positive signs weeks earlier were automaticly in the line up no matter what they had done recently. I think Seth has it in him to be a little sharper behind the bench then he showed last year.

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                      I am a SA fan but felt that last year he over used his go to guys early in the year and they were gassed turning for home.
                      I respectfully disagree w this line of thinking. These kids are 19 and 20 years old and they only play on the weekends. They should not be gassed.
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                        Endicott ??? RPI playing high school teams ???
                        It's almost like you thought you had something important to say, then you thought you had something witty to say, then turned out you had neither but needed to say something anyway.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                          I respectfully disagree w this line of thinking. These kids are 19 and 20 years old and they only play on the weekends. They should not be gassed.
                          Or they are 21 and 22 years old-in any case you are correct, they should not be gassed.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                            Doesn't matter-and yes Becker was one of the schools they played-even if you are playing Russell Sage-it still isn't easy to put up 78 points on anyone these days. Utica is not the doormat they once were and they will give us the first real test. BTW we were outgained overall last week by Endicott. (and I don't recall us ever scoring 78 in all the years I have followed RPI football)

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              Doesn't matter-and yes Becker was one of the schools they played-even if you are playing Russell Sage-it still isn't easy to put up 78 points on anyone these days. Utica is not the doormat they once were and they will give us the first real test. BTW we were outgained overall last week by Endicott. (and I don't recall us ever scoring 78 in all the years I have followed RPI football)
                              The most I've seen is 56, and that was against Becker.

As for "being gassed", it's not just the games, you also have to figure in the practices. How hard is Coach working these guys behind closed doors?

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                                They are working out and training during the week right? And from my understanding they stay through May and start back in August. Peaking is all in the timing and the body and mind does wear after months of training and competing.

Comment

Working...
                                X