Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

The biggest question mark I see this year (aside from the unknown freshmen) is Tyler Helfrich. What sort of shape will he be in this year? Will he finish out his tenure strong? Is it just a downhill ride from the freshman year high?
    Very important point. A lot of offensive problems can disappear if he can put it all together this year.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      I'll take functionality over fashion seven days a week and twice on Sundays.
      Me too. That doesn't make me want to buy a half painted car though.

Let's assume that you are right and there is a functional reason though. Why were we the only team with this design? Clearly this issue is crying out for a WAP expose.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Very important point. A lot of offensive problems can disappear if he can put it all together this year.
        Doc you have been right on with all your assessments today . I don't have a crystal ball but I do have a strong feeling Tyler comes to play-stays health and helps this team in a huge way offensively. I agree Kerrins is a huge loss. PC and AAG will have to step it up! Drop the puck !

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08
          I can see it now: RPI dominates non-conference play, ECAC skaters remain at least 3 feet away from LeBoeuf, and special guest [insert clothing designer here] to discuss the look of RPI's uniforms.

I, in turn, don't care how the team looks at first glance, heck I wouldn't care if they wore camisoles and thongs (OK by that point I'd probably stick to exclusively radio broadcasts), if they can check the other team hard and put the puck in the net, at the end of the day, I'm satisfied.
          You should have seen the uniforms from back in the early sixties-they looked like red pajamas.

Comment

Originally posted by IMO View Post
            Doc you have been right on with all your assessments today . I don't have a crystal ball but I do have a strong feeling Tyler comes to play-stays health and helps this team in a huge way offensively. I agree Kerrins is a huge loss. PC and AAG will have to step it up! Drop the puck !
            Thank you-I do have my lucid intervals.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              You should have seen the uniforms from back in the early sixties-they looked like red pajamas.
              I always described them as Santa Claus suits.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                I always described them as Santa Claus suits.
                That is also a good description-I don't have a picture to post but they were very different than what teams wear today.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08
                  I, in turn, don't care how the team looks at first glance, heck I wouldn't care if they wore camisoles and thongs (OK by that point I'd probably stick to exclusively radio broadcasts),
                  You're banned for the next week.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

We'll be fine. If they try to mug CP, which they will, this will create room for Cullen, Ty, Johnny Rocket and others. College Hockey News has us as a team to watch (even after departures) and I think they are right. Everyone is in the same boat w departures, graduations. The senior class is much more talented than last year's and as SA always states, "you win with upperclassmen". We have to peak at the right time. I think we peaked too early last year.
                    Last edited by AspyDad; 09-17-2010, 03:47 PM.
                    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                      You're banned for the next week.
                      Was FD08 banned after the Cornell girl thing rolleyes: ?
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

While I work on the other foot, a new Puckman commercial is out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wpYyUxyPkE

Comment

Finally, tickets for AC have arrived. Section 121. Could be a great road trip with home ice ( maybe a 3 seed?) the week before and then a trip to South Jersey. Tomorrow Colorado tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                            What do you want to know?

Sheer Idiocy, the Rensselyrics, and the Pep Band all performed (very well, too). The freshmen men also sang the fight song (not as well).

There was an LED countdown clock (which was a nice new addition from two years ago).

Red Army bought over 60 tickets, completely selling out Section 33.

All of the coaches and players were in attendance (as far as I could tell), and I had good conversations with Coach Burke, Coach Appert, and JFK.
                            Hockey Line for student season tickets?

Comment

I just took a look at last years stats and came to the conclusion that scoring is going to be hard to come by this year.I am however not going to wet the bed over it

Here goes. With Pirri, D`amigo and keirns on the team and playing regularly RPI was 5 wins 5 ties and 15 losses in games where RPI scored three or fewer goals. Of the combined 20 ties and losses RPI blew a lead at some point in the game 10 times. It is hard to believe that RPI will be better offensively without those three so that is going to put a ton of pressure on the Defense and goaltending. The bright side of all these seemingly negative stats is that despite a poor record in low scoring games RPI was a mere 2 points away from a first round bye that I felt strongly at the time and still feel would have made a huge difference in the post season last year. Modest improvement from all departments would probably get us the bye and a much better chance at making it to Atlantic City.Significant regression in any area will likely get us last years playoff results.
                              Last edited by jstadts; 09-17-2010, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                                I just took a look at last years stats and came to the conclusion that scoring is going to be hard to come by this year.I am however not going to wet the bed over it

Here goes. With Pirri, D`amigo and keirns on the team and playing regularly RPI was 5 wins 5 ties and 15 losses in games where RPI scored three or fewer goals. Of the combined 20 ties and losses RPI blew a lead at some point in the game 10 times. It is hard to believe that RPI will be better offensively without those three so that is going to put a ton of pressure on the Defense and goaltending. The bright side of all these seemingly negative stats is that despite a poor record in low scoring games RPI was a mere 2 points away from a first round bye that I felt strongly at the time and still feel would have made a huge difference in the post season last year. Modest improvement from all departments would probably get us the bye and a much better chance at making it to Atlantic City.Significant regression in any area will likely get us last years playoff results.
                                Good Job Jstadts
                                RIT Tigers
                                2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                                2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X